GenCon Online was just announced:

https://gencon.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f77d2f8c77398c0b064223ba&id=5792ca0738&e=a05618c207

Registration starts Monday and is free.  Looks like lots of virtual seminars.  Good bet we get an Armada announcement as part of a Virtual In-Flight Report. 

“Gen Con Online is a new virtual convention experience featuring four days of remote gaming, streaming shows, your favorite exhibitors, and more — all from the safety of your devices and the comfort of your favorite quarantine sweatpants!

Key Dates (Times in EDT)
Badge Registration: June 1 at noon — Registration is free, but required for participation in scheduled events.
Event Submission: June 8 at noon
Event Registration: July 13 at noon
Convention Dates: July 30 – August 2

Stay tuned for more information! We'll email you on Monday with registration instructions, and continue to announce details as soon as we've got them confirmed.”

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Could be worse. They could decide to not announce it then either. 

Could you just imagine something like that happening. 

Hah!

I interviewed the FFG founder at GenCon a few years ago.  He told me they considered GenCon to be FFG’s Super Bowl .  They make most of their biggest announcements each year at their “In-Flight Report”.  

Each year GenCon is also where FFG likes to display the new Armada models for the first time.  Wave 8 last year, SSD the year before, etc.  

I can’t imagine them not announcing and displaying the Clone Wars Armada ships at GenCon based on their past history.  

It’ll all just be virtually this year. 

Edited by shmitty

Posted (edited)

What are the chances FFG doesn’t participate in this at all and instead decides to reveal clone wars on their own private stream that has much less of a draw and audience because one guy said it’d be be the way to go and then yelled at everyone who disagreed with him?

Edited by MandalorianMoose

1 minute ago, MandalorianMoose said:

What are the chances FFG doesn’t participate in this at all and instead decides to reveal clone wars on their own private stream that has much less of a draw and audience because one guy said it’d be be the way to go?

100% gonna happen. 

1 hour ago, MandalorianMoose said:

What are the chances FFG doesn’t participate in this at all and instead decides to reveal clone wars on their own private stream that has much less of a draw and audience because one guy said it’d be be the way to go and then yelled at everyone who disagreed with him?

437liq.jpg

1 hour ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Why do you close-minded sheep "think" that it's Sophie's Choice? It has to be one or the other?

Why not both!?

Are you naysayers so unimaginative that it never occurred to you that FFG could reveal Clone Wars Armada on their website before GenCon, and still showcase Clone Wars Armada at GenCon and do all their usual interviews, previews, and panel discussions about those upcoming Armada expansions?

Do you have all have goldfish memories? Are you all ignorant of the facts about when FFG has made Star Wars Armada announcements in the past?

Any of you lemmings remember the Star Wars Armada Wave 1 Announcement on November 10, 2014?

Archive  10 November 2014 | Star Wars: Armada

Expand Your Fleet

Announcing the First Wave of Expansions for STAR WARS (TM): Armada

armada-wave1-title-image.jpg

“The fleet will be here any moment.”
    –Leia Organa

Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce the upcoming release of the first wave of Star Wars ™: Armada expansion packs!

Hmmmmm... November 10, 2014. That's not GenCon. And yet the Wave 1 announcement still made news on other websites.

tenor.gif?itemid=4559243

What about FFG's Star Wars Armada Wave 2's announcement?

6 April 2015 | Star Wars: Armada

Here They Come

Announcing the Second Wave of Expansions for Star Wars™: Armada

armada-wave2-title-image.jpg

"Only the fighters are attacking… I wonder what those Star Destroyers are waiting for."
     –Lando Calrissian

Those Imperial-class Star Destroyers aren't waiting any longer… They're coming in the second wave of expansion packs for Star Wars™: Armada!

Imperial-class Star Destroyers, MC80 Mon Calamari cruisers, Raider-class corvettes, Slave I, the Millennium Falcon, and more! They're all coming in Armada Wave II, and the shots these ships will fire are bound to shape the course of the Galactic Civil War.

• Imperial-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack
  • MC30c Frigate Expansion Pack
  • Home One Expansion Pack
  • Rogues and Villains Expansion Pack
  • Imperial Raider Expansion Pack

Wave II wasn't announced at GenCon either.

giphy.gif

It wasn't even that long ago that a new Star Wars Armada expansion wasn't announced at GenCon. I only had to go back to FFG's announcement of the Chimaera and Profundity expansions on August 25, 2017.

25 August 2017 | Star Wars: Armada

The Grand Admiral Arrives

Announcing the Seventh Wave of Expansions for Star Wars™: Armada

swm29-30_wave7.png

"I will start my operations here, and pull the rebels apart piece by piece. They'll be the architects of their own destruction."
     –Grand Admiral Thrawn

Two of the Star Wars galaxy's greatest admirals join the heated fleet battles of Star Wars™: Armada with the game's seventh wave of expansions.

Even as its new ships, squadrons, and upgrades blast their way onto the battlefield, Armada Wave VII provides two new commanders—one Rebel and one Imperial—who are both more than capable of leading their forces to victory.

Rebel players gain the services of the blunt and pragmatic Admiral Raddus, whose leadership ensured the Rebellion successfully retrieved the Death Star plans from Scarif, and fans of the Galactic Empire can savor the long-awaited arrival of Grand Admiral Thrawn!

• Chimaera Expansion Pack
  • Profundity Expansion Pack

But 2018, that's in the distant past. What about more recent announcements from FFG?

The Padme Amidala and Cad Bane operative expansions and ARC Trooper and BX Commando Droids unit expansions for Star Wars Legion, which were all announced on February 11th, 2020.

Or the most recent X-Wing expansions announced on January 8th, 2020.

I can't help but notice that none of those announcements took place during GenCon.

65539760.jpg

All of this information and evidence has been readily available. But you close-minded sheep scoffed at the idea of FFG announcing Clone Wars Armada before GenCon 2020, just because FFG announced the Super Star Destroyer expansion at GenCon 2018 and the Starhawk and Onager expansions at GenCon 2019.

So apparently, FFG is forever locked into this 2 year-old "tradition" and they're not allowed to announce Star Wars Armada expansions at any other time of year. 🙄

Meanwhile, you baaing sheep criticized me for challenging this fabricated tradition and for suggesting that FFG could announce Clone Wars Armada before GenCon 2020.

x0pvEKZDJb2qzd_EitdQtB3rBih2-BLj3HMo0zcw  

Just now, bkcammack said:

I don’t know. He’s got a rather abrasive personality. And he always thinks he knows more than anyone else. And he thinks he’s better than everyone. He can get rather annoying. 

Then prove how I'm wrong rather than summarily dismissing my irrefutable arguments just because you resent me for being right all the time.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Reavern said:

n93Aczh.jpg

“People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.”
― George Carlin

Edit: Also, though he's funny, he's a solid-gold A-hole.  Reading through a few of his quotes... Oh boy.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

7 minutes ago, bkcammack said:

I don’t know. He’s got a rather abrasive personality. And he always thinks he knows more than anyone else. And he thinks he’s better than everyone. He can get rather annoying. 

I always found him more endearingly sassy rather than abrasive/egotistical 

Just now, MandalorianMoose said:

I always found him more endearingly sassy rather than abrasive/egotistical 

To each his own. I don’t think anyone will ever dethrone Artoo as my favorite. I love how much he says without any words. Especially when compared with Threepio, who uses so many words to say so little. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

“People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.”
― George Carlin

khnkTco.jpg

Edited by Reavern
Memes are better than quotes

4 hours ago, MandalorianMoose said:

This dumpster fire in progress is on you - one doesnt invoke the troll. Apologize to shmitty -.-.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, bkcammack said:

Chill, dude. I was talking about K2-SO. 

No you weren’t, you passive aggressive lying coward.

Edited by Reavern
Truth

2 minutes ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Idk what you are talking about, we’re just in here discussing the merits of our favorite droids

No you weren’t, you passive aggressive lying coward.