Piratical Moustache

Clone Wars Commander Predictions

Posted (edited)

People, please, if he annoys you so much just ignore him. Stop interacting with him, it only makes it worse.

People like that thrive on attention, stop sacrificing your time to inane internet flame wars.

You cannot and should not try to "drive him out", you're no better humans than him at that point, actually worse to my mind.

Add him to your ignore list, stop answering his assertions, live and let live (while ignoring him), otherwise think why you choose to answer - is it maybe fun for you to bash another human being because you dont like him? If so, think about yourselves as well. Or are you angry because a internet person acting like my toddler doesnt like you?

Edited by RapidReload

2 hours ago, RapidReload said:

You cannot and should not try to "drive him out", you're no better humans than him at that point, actually worse to my mind.

Add him to your ignore list, stop answering his assertions, live and let live (while ignoring him), otherwise think why you choose to answer - is it maybe fun for you to bash another human being because you dont like him? If so, think about yourselves as well. Or are you angry because a internet person acting like my toddler doesnt like you?

He implied another user should die.  That behavior is not equivalent to (or better than) the behavior of his critics.

It is also in violation of the user agreement for this forum.

It's not enough to put him on my ignore list while he treats others that way, and I'd like the mods to do their jobs (I assume we still have them, but we live in unusual times and I'm beginning to wonder.)

Also: a tolerant environment can only be tolerant of tolerant viewpoints.  It's a bit of a paradox, but otherwise you're making the forum less welcoming for new arrivals who don't like insults, ranting, and thinly veiled death threats, ignore button or not.

It was a little fun at first, but now it's just cleaning up a mess.  I do agree that he's not going away by our actions, though, unless those actions involve the report button.

7 hours ago, eliteone said:

I wonder if there are multiple, different ships in a 'fleet expansion' if the included upgrade cards will contains two commanders. 

Well, we've seen almost every other option so I guess it might be.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

He implied another user should die.  That behavior is not equivalent to (or better than) the behavior of his critics.

It is also in violation of the user agreement for this forum.

It's not enough to put him on my ignore list while he treats others that way, and I'd like the mods to do their jobs (I assume we still have them, but we live in unusual times and I'm beginning to wonder.)

Also: a tolerant environment can only be tolerant of tolerant viewpoints.  It's a bit of a paradox, but otherwise you're making the forum less welcoming for new arrivals who don't like insults, ranting, and thinly veiled death threats, ignore button or not.

It was a little fun at first, but now it's just cleaning up a mess.  I do agree that he's not going away by our actions, though, unless those actions involve the report button.

To my mind, both sides are to blame here.

In the beginning he was trying to impress everyone with his walls of Star Wars texts full of bold assertions (like my son who brings me his toys to get some praise). He gets criticism and cannot deal with it (if I tell my baby no he gets emotional and angry). Finally he starts insulting people like a good troll does (my baby is sulking). That much is pretty much standard on the internet nowadays.

At this point the self-declared forum police took over in what they claim is "cleaning up the forums" with their collective anti "whats his name campaign" fueled by his constant ramblings and cries for love and attention. This actually went even further by people dissing him in completely different threads which turned those to **** and only aided in making everything worse. At this point the dude is under constant attack and has only two options - retreat or attack. He apparently is still choosing the latter, I think because he is actually passionate about Star Wars and can't let go of trying to impress everyone - however note that recently he only fired back after he was first critized by you people.

So stop it, you are not the people responsible to "clean up" anything. If you don't like people on this public forum stop interacting with them. They are however as free to write anything they want as you are - until the mods jump in. Report him if you think he crossed some boundary, and cease to make every thread into a toxic stand off.

Edited by RapidReload

40 minutes ago, RapidReload said:

To my mind, both sides are to blame here.

In the beginning he was trying to impress everyone with his walls of Star Wars texts full of bold assertions (like my son who brings me his toys to get some praise). He gets criticism and cannot deal with it (if I tell my baby no he gets emotional and angry). Finally he starts insulting people like a good troll does (my baby is sulking). That much is pretty much standard on the internet nowadays.

At this point the self-declared forum police took over in what they claim is "cleaning up the forums" with their collective anti "whats his name campaign" fueled by his constant ramblings and cries for love and attention. This actually went even further by people dissing him in completely different threads which turned those to **** and only aided in making everything worse. At this point the dude is under constant attack and has only two options - retreat or attack. He apparently is still choosing the latter, I think because he is actually passionate about Star Wars and can't let go of trying to impress everyone - however note that recently he only fired back after he was first critized by you people.

So stop it, you are not the people responsible to "clean up" anything. If you don't like people on this public forum stop interacting with them. They are however as free to write anything they want as you are - until the mods jump in. Report him if you think he crossed some boundary, and cease to make every thread into a toxic stand off.

I agree with most of what you are saying here, particularly that both sides had a part in it, as it was not a good idea to destroy the GENCON Online thread by bringing him up.  I disagree that he only has two options though and that he forever has a mark on him that will lead to counter-trolling.  His Mon Mothma / Extreme Range thread was after his "GENCON Cancelled" thread meltdown and, while short, didn't lead to any rude comments from him or anyone else.  It was a cordial discussion about a topic he brought up that didn't devolve into name calling.  I could be wrong, but that gives me hope that he can have a rational discussion and is not ostracized yet by the community.

4 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

I agree with most of what you are saying here, particularly that both sides had a part in it, as it was not a good idea to destroy the GENCON Online thread by bringing him up.  I disagree that he only has two options though and that he forever has a mark on him that will lead to counter-trolling.  His Mon Mothma / Extreme Range thread was after his "GENCON Cancelled" thread meltdown and, while short, didn't lead to any rude comments from him or anyone else.  It was a cordial discussion about a topic he brought up that didn't devolve into name calling.  I could be wrong, but that gives me hope that he can have a rational discussion and is not ostracized yet by the community.

Just engage with him when he's polite and ignore him if he crosses a red line of yours. In these rather tense times an Armada forum shouldn't be an additional source of anger or frustration.

To get back to the thread topic I'll predict commander Skywalker will give rerolls to keep continuity with Darth Vader but obviously not an exact copy as Anakin had a different mindset and capabilities at the time. 

1 hour ago, Piratical Moustache said:

To get back to the thread topic I'll predict commander Skywalker will give rerolls to keep continuity with Darth Vader but obviously not an exact copy as Anakin had a different mindset and capabilities at the time. 

To me, Vader’s theme is pure aggression. Destroy as quickly as possible with overwhelming force.

Anakin seems aggressive, but with an element of recklessness.

23 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

To me, Vader’s theme is pure aggression. Destroy as quickly as possible with overwhelming force.

Perhaps that recklessness could be represented by getting the rerolls in close range? Anakin tended to get his ships up and personal, doing boarding actions and ramming ships on occasion. Maybe he rerolls 1-2 dice at close range and his flagship has a special boarding action?  

Just now, Piratical Moustache said:

Perhaps that recklessness could be represented by getting the rerolls in close range? Anakin tended to get his ships up and personal, doing boarding actions and ramming ships on occasion. Maybe he rerolls 1-2 dice at close range and his flagship has a special boarding action?  

Anakin really got up close and personal. Not necessarily his ships. 

Just thinking about it, he was known for fundamentally always acting as if he was in offense. Even if he retreated, it was to regroup to find a more effective way to go on attack. Trench brings this up when he looks up Skywalker. Ahsoka picks up a similar mindset, but without the good judgement at first. Obiwan calls out Anakin for that when Ahsoka is refusing to retreat.

He had a habit of using things on offense in roles they weren’t designed for. 

Makes me think he would either mess with offensive dice or allow an attack when defending. I know Salvo does this, but maybe he provides a way for ships to salvo without the token or with a different dice pool. 

6 minutes ago, Church14 said:

He had a habit of using things on offense in roles they weren’t designed for. 

Like mounting SPHA cannons in the ventral hanger bays of some Venators, although I think that will be a separate upgrade, perhaps an Off. Retrofit plus Turbolaser slot.

8 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Makes me think he would either mess with offensive dice or allow an attack when defending. I know Salvo does this, but maybe he provides a way for ships to salvo without the token or with a different dice pool. 

He could spend a defense token or confire token as if it was a Salvo, it seems like FFG wants to make greater use of command tokens so I could see that happening.

1 hour ago, ISD Avenger said:

If Anakin allows dice rerolls maybe it has to be all dice. Kinda capture that 'good isn't good enough I have to be great' attitude with a large risk and it ties into the Vader commander showing Vader more experienced and disciplined.  

1 hour ago, codytx2 said:

If Anakin allows dice rerolls maybe it has to be all dice. Kinda capture that 'good isn't good enough I have to be great' attitude with a large risk and it ties into the Vader commander showing Vader more experienced and disciplined.  

That could be really risky. Would be great if you completely fluff a roll but that may be rare.

Perhaps if you want to reroll, you have to reroll all dice of a specific/your choice colour in the pool.

1 hour ago, ISD Avenger said:

That could be really risky. Would be great if you completely fluff a roll but that may be rare.

Perhaps if you want to reroll, you have to reroll all dice of a specific/your choice colour in the pool.

I like that idea too. Most situations that is still a lot on the line without being completely over the top. Depends on how reckless you like your Anakin. The dice not being able to be modified again feels thematic too. Kinda like Anakin pulls some random plan out of thin air and rushes into with no regard for a plan B.  

14 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Anakin: 20 points

"When a friendly ship activates it may discard a squadron dial or token and this card to choose 1 enemy ship at close range of that ship. Search the damage deck for any damage card and deal it faceup to the enemy ship."

"Projector Misaligned" would be a good choice in most cases to start your attack. (Your hull zone with the most remaining shields loses all of its shields.)

1 minute ago, Triangular said:

"Projector Misaligned" would be a good choice in most cases to start your attack. (Your hull zone with the most remaining shields loses all of its shields.)

Yeah, the idea is to cover all kind stuff Anakin boarded a ship for. Depending on the scenario you would like one card or another.

Projector Misaligned is a good starting attack but as he is a one-use commander you have to think of it worth it in the current situation. If it is a big ship taking a big attack it is probably. But you can save Anakin to deal structural damage at the beginning of a friendly activation to, potentially kill three ships, or use him to protect your squadrons or ships negating dice. Of course not every damage card is as powerful as others.

More stupid ideas.

- Kind of Thrawn but giving raid tokens to enemy ships.

- A limited "negate enemy commander" ability. Maybe working like Pryce and Organa. During that round, enemy commander has no effect at all. It would be cool for a diplomatic Obi-Wan.

- After an enemy ship activates one firendly may set its top command dial to whatever you want by exhausting the commander. This would work for those strategic droids. You may even make some little iterations of this effect for different droids like discarding dials.

8 hours ago, Triangular said:

Perhaps you could do pick 1 card of your choice or 2-3 random face ups. To simulate the wild randomness of Anakins attacks/leadership.