Sign in to follow this  
RogueSeventeen

Does Thorongil give a printed resource icon?

When you sword-thain someone they become a hero with a Printed Resource Icon since they have the actual icon printed on their card, so I was thinking along those lines for Thorongil adding an additional icon that's actually printed on the other hero card.  But I see what you're saying, different wording.

9 minutes ago, lleimmoen said:

But it makes more sense that it gains the printed icon just like the Sword-thain, the above logic seems perfectly sound.

Sword-Thain changes the card type of the ally, which already has a printed icon, while Thorongil acts as intermediate between two different versions of an hero. That's why I think the omission of "printed" is intentional.

According to the strict reading of the rules, it would not. But according to the strict reading of the rules, the entire effect does nothing because it fails to the uniqueness rule. So it is a difficult card to interpret. I would not count it as being a printed icon. As small compensation, this interpretation protects the added game text from "treat each character's text box as if it were blank" effects.