(6) Shield Upgrade
(2) Fire-Control System
(1) Crack Shot

(42) "Midnight" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(1) Crack Shot

(30) "Null" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(8) Shield Upgrade

Total points: 194

I’m sure someone has tried this before, but being able to move with nearly perfect board info, and shooting first with everyone on the team seems good. Thoughts?

Swap the shield upgrade on quick draw to Deuterium Power Cells, sometimes you get 2 extra shields but you always get that extra trigger, unlike the occasion where you still only get 1 or two triggers off the shield upgrade.

How about something like this;

Quickdraw - Fanatical, S/F Gunner, DPCs

Midnight - Swarm Tactics

Phasma - Proud Trad, S/F Gunner, Hull

Null - naked

Total: 199

Phasma is pretty wicked for tanking damage, so get her in the thick of it with QD and Midnight and use Null to flank close to Midnight in case Null gets damaged and Midnight can use Swarm Tactics to bump up the initiative to 6.

22 hours ago, wurms said:

Drop shield on null and put S/F Gunner + Afterburners on Quickdraw. If people are really attacking null than the other three, you are probably okay with that 😛

This is good advice, but to expand on the reasoning behind it: without Gunner on QD, you have a list with one ace who is too squishy to maneuver aggressively, and three single-modification 2-dice guns who can't scare the enemy out of chasing the aforementioned ace. You're going to struggle to deal enough damage to actually win games.

If you are willing to part with the 7666 initiative line, I would also suggest trading out Vonreg for Holo in this list. While it means you'd risk having her move before enemy i6s, you've got an angry QD to cover her and her ability lets you do fun things like:

• Throw a (second) Focus token to QD when he's about to double-tap someone;
  • Pass Midnight a Focus so he doesn't have to wait a turn to modify his attack dice;
  • Pass either of the above Evades when they need to tank;
  • Pass Strains/Depletes to Null to try and trick the enemy into going for him first.

10 hours ago, DR4CO said:

This is good advice, but to expand on the reasoning behind it: without Gunner on QD, you have a list with one ace who is too squishy to maneuver aggressively, and three single-modification 2-dice guns who can't scare the enemy out of chasing the aforementioned ace. You're going to struggle to deal enough damage to actually win games.

If you are willing to part with the 7666 initiative line, I would also suggest trading out Vonreg for Holo in this list. While it means you'd risk having her move before enemy i6s, you've got an angry QD to cover her and her ability lets you do fun things like:

• Throw a (second) Focus token to QD when he's about to double-tap someone;
  • Pass Midnight a Focus so he doesn't have to wait a turn to modify his attack dice;
  • Pass either of the above Evades when they need to tank;
  • Pass Strains/Depletes to Null to try and trick the enemy into going for him first.

Interesting, and good advice! I’m not willing to part with the initiative line in this particular list; the core concept is that I want to see what it’s like to have four ships moving and shooting at i6+.

I’ll have to consider the Special Forces Gunner. I like them, might just have to be for a different list. Maybe I can squeeze them in! 

I’d burn up some of the bid and do something like this.

Fo all aces

(1) Crack Shot

(4) Advanced Optics

(57) Major Vonreg [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(2) Daredevil

(45) "Quickdraw" [TIE/sf Fighter]
(10) Special Forces Gunner
(6) Afterburners
(2) Predator

Total points: 199

Null freely uses optics to present a juicier target. QuickDraw gets more maneuverable and can have double mods on her shots. Vonreg and midnight do their things.

5 hours ago, missileaway said:

I’d burn up some of the bid and do something like this.

Fo all aces

(1) Crack Shot

(4) Advanced Optics

(2) Daredevil

(6) Afterburners
(2) Predator

Total points: 199

Null freely uses optics to present a juicier target. QuickDraw gets more maneuverable and can have double mods on her shots. Vonreg and midnight do their things.

Interesting... I feel like the Shield Upgrades are pretty important on Null/Quickdraw, no? I mean, not having a damage card active is what keeps Null going at i7, and the Shield Upgrade probably gets a trigger for Quickdraw’s ability (and yeah, the Deuterium Power Cell looks awesome with QD, I just don’t think I can find the points in this list for it). 

Posted (edited)

“Me First” Order v2 (no bid)

(2) Daredevil

(6) Shield Upgrade

(8) Shield Upgrade

Total points: 200

So here’s a version with the SpecForces Gunner. I don’t think I like it as much.

First, the bid is gone, and while bid isn’t always a big deal, I kinda feel like with a 6/6/6/7 initiative line, bid is potentially huge; after all, a winning bid means I literally see ALL of my opponent’s moves first, and he gets nothing from me, intel-wise.

Next, SpecForces Gunner gives me two big advantages... First is the extra die to forward attacks (admittedly, really good). The second is a bonus rear attack for Quickdraw... but given that Quickdraw’s ability is based around bonus attacks anyway, and you can only get one bonus attack per turn, I feel like there’s some useless overlap there. If I could run this guy and still have a 5 point bid... sure, I can live with the overlap. But I can’t.

Then there are the upgrades the SFG makes me give up: FCS, a couple of Crack Shots... basically, a bunch of stuff which helps buy consistent damage. So the part of the SFG which doesn’t overlap (the extra front-arc die) is sort of mitigated by losing a bunch of other upgrades.

All together, I definitely see the power of SFG, but I think he takes too much and gives too little back to this particular list. If I were building to 200, or using any TIE/sf other than Quickdraw, he’d definitely be in.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Interesting... I feel like the Shield Upgrades are pretty important on Null/Quickdraw, no? I mean, not having a damage card active is what keeps Null going at i7, and the Shield Upgrade probably gets a trigger for Quickdraw’s ability (and yeah, the Deuterium Power Cell looks awesome with QD, I just don’t think I can find the points in this list for it). 

The Shield Upgrade does keep Null active longer, but your mistake is assuming that's actually worth worrying about. 😉 At the end of the day, Null is just an FO with no real action efficiency or pilot ability to leverage. He's probably the weakest ship in your list. It's simply not worth investing a whopping 8 points in him, especially when him going to i0 isn't really the end of the world, as now you have a blocker who doesn't care that you told the enemy i1s to move first. Better to invest in the ship that will actually win you the game.

As for the Shield Upgrade on Quickdraw, it is indeed nice, but it's strictly a luxury item (as what often ends up happening is you just lose it at the same time as your third so it doesn't always help). For the same price, Afterburners to help get into good shooting positions so your double-taps do maximum damage is generally better. And even that you can very much live without.

50 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Next, SpecForces Gunner gives me two big advantages... First is the extra die to forward attacks (admittedly, really good). The second is a bonus rear attack for Quickdraw... but given that Quickdraw’s ability is based around bonus attacks anyway, and you can only get one bonus attack per turn, I feel like there’s some useless overlap there. If I could run this guy and still have a 5 point bid... sure, I can live with the overlap. But I can’t.

Then there are the upgrades the SFG makes me give up: FCS, a couple of Crack Shots... basically, a bunch of stuff which helps buy consistent damage. So the part of the SFG which doesn’t overlap (the extra front-arc die) is sort of mitigated by losing a bunch of other upgrades.

While it is true that you can't quadruple-tap with Quickdraw, this is a negligible downside. The thing with Quickdraw is that you must approach him differently from other SFs and mostly forget the turret exists; his strength is in the forward arc double-tap, so you want to lean into that as much as you can. Therefore we take the Gunner strictly because it ups our forward-arc potential by 50%.

EDIT: Actually, let me go into more detail here. It's a 50% increase in raw dice, but the actual damage you can expect to deal is a lot higher.

If Quickdraw doesn't have a Gunner and double-taps say, a Focused X-wing he has just locked (so FCS is active) at range 2 (so we have 2 attack dice with 1 reroll vs 2 defence dice with a Focus), he expects to get 0.96 damage (CALCULATOR LINK). If he has the Gunner in that same situation, he expects to get 1.87 damage (CALCULATOR LINK). We have gotten close to doubling his effectiveness.

So yeah, I'll second @wurms advice up-thread: drop the Shield Upgrade on Null, spend those same points on making your real power piece more effective.

Edited by DR4CO

Interesting indeed.  I've made a similar list before.  But I never put it on a table.  If and when someone has experienced with this list, please do share your thoughts about it.