Sign in to follow this  
Gregorius21778

[Provided] A cold dead hell (Additonal Encounters for "Dead Stars")

Greetings, brethern

the following link lead to a PDF-Document containing additional encounters for "Dead Stars", the final part of the Haarlock Triology. 

WARNING! This document does contain spoilers and is nigh useless if you do not own a copy of "Dead Stars".
Please take note that I am still working on further encounters, check this topic for a new, updated version if this link isn´t working any longer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/394377283/Encounters-DeadStars_V01.pdf

Please pay attention to my "Warp Tables" for Dead Stars as well

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=101&efcid=3&efidt=333567

Very useful, thank you very much.

Do you plan to work on any alternative futures or pasts once the Acolytes are in the Tesseract?  I have got a few ideas but not enough to formulate into a cohesive scene at the moment.  I was thinking along the lines of adding in another scene that motivates them to let Haarlock through.  I do like the idea of showing the Tyrannids harvesting Sepeheris Secundus or another planet, the theory being that a indivdiuals as powerful as Erasmus was potent enough to ensure that that particular threat did not come to pass but seems pretty identical to the vision of the Slaughth and Scintillia.

Replicant253 said:

Very useful, thank you very much.

Do you plan to work on any alternative futures or pasts once the Acolytes are in the Tesseract?  I have got a few ideas but not enough to formulate into a cohesive scene at the moment.  I was thinking along the lines of adding in another scene that motivates them to let Haarlock through.  I do like the idea of showing the Tyrannids harvesting Sepeheris Secundus or another planet, the theory being that a indivdiuals as powerful as Erasmus was potent enough to ensure that that particular threat did not come to pass but seems pretty identical to the vision of the Slaughth and Scintillia.

He Replicant,

thanks for the feedback! Actually I do not have plans for the "time scenes" right now. To be true, this was one of the things I deemed "uninspired", especially the scene you related to. Your idea to give more reasons to have "Sympathy for the devil" is a good one, so. After all, what motivations are acolythes supposed to have to let Haarlock be? Rewards? None they will know of before hand. That he is did it all out of love? This 40K, a background not encouraging mercy or relented feelings. 

While the Nids are one possible way, how about a scene where they see that the threat that Erasmus Haarlock poses units the Imperium (or parts of it) lifting it to a new glory? (Inspired by the general concept of this one Radical Fraction & the ending of the movie "Watchmen". The problem is: what are the pc supposed to due during this scene? One solution: they will appear to be "Henchmen of Haarlock" due to some item they carry.. a chase seem or similiar. Or the past they are has it written that they brougth about Haarlock upon the universe... this could be a huge speach in a forum of the Inquisition or a similiar place..with the pc suddenly being identified for who they are and suddenly hunted as traitors...

Actually, my work eats up my free time, so instead of giving a final version I give you another "step".

http://rapidshare.com/files/396816092/Encounters-DeadStars_V02.pdf

Some new scenes, some scenes re-written, some rules changes (as far as I remember).

Sorry for letting you lads&ladies download everything at least twice. I promise I will better myself as soon as possible.

@Replicant
Just for getting sure their is no misunderstanding: with "uninspired" I meant the Slaught-Scene,not your idea happy.gif