Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

If you had to choose, which of the following changes to hyperspace would you prefer?

50 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

why split it more?  the reason everyone hates hyperspace is because you cant play with what you own from 1.0 even after paying to convert it.  why extend that bad practice to extended?

The reason is, while there's usually 1e ships to be had, it's not always easy to convert.  There are at least some new players to the game, and having a format which is only stuff which someone can go out and buy off the shelf has a real fairness to it.

Is it a huge problem?  Not really.  Is it something that'll get worse and worse as time passes if FFG doesn't step up re-release content?  Absolutely.

I voted, it wasn't easy. And there are a few that I could not vote either way as I had the other option: price.

I like the idea of Afterburners, just make it more pricey so the option is a real choice, same with the Slave I Title and Lone Wolf.

17 minutes ago, Cerebrawl said:

A large minority, as far as I can tell.

They didn't like it at first locally because most of the crowd was first edition converters and had large collections. But as time has gone on they've caught on to it as a more balanced tournament format.

Is say it's at least a majority by 70% here that prefer it. They still like the extended pool for fun though.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

They didn't like it at first locally because most of the crowd was first edition converters and had large collections. But as time has gone on they've caught on to it as a more balanced tournament format.

Is say it's at least a majority by 70% here that prefer it. They still like the extended pool for fun though.

I'm a 2E scum player with a large collection, and I frankly find it a bit boring. I play scum because shenanigans/jank is fun, and it's missing in hyperspace. Sure we have Fenn and Boba, and neat little scyks, but it feels like the heart and soul of scum isn't there, not much jank, other than tractor scyks.

Edited by Cerebrawl

On 6/7/2020 at 7:18 AM, Vontoothskie said:

why split it more?  the reason everyone hates hyperspace is because you cant play with what you own from 1.0 even after paying to convert it.  why extend that bad practice to extended?

I like Hyperspace, makes you think more than extended. You can't fall back on old faithful builds all the time. You can get meta spikes like Boba+1, but they are worked out how to beat them in quick time. 

FFG can have whatever tournament they like, it's their game, you don't have to be involved in the format if you don't like it.

14 hours ago, Cerebrawl said:

I'm a 2E scum player with a large collection, and I frankly find it a bit boring. I play scum because shenanigans/jank is fun, and it's missing in hyperspace. Sure we have Fenn and Boba, and neat little scyks, but it feels like the heart and soul of scum isn't there, not much jank, other than tractor scyks.

And that's fair. But every faction loses a bunch of options. Like Resistance can't even fly The main hero of their saga, Rey. Or the Falcon at all for that matter. YT-2400 is my Rebel jam and I can't fly that. I think it's just a matter of changing your perspective so you can enjoy the challenge. You might not have ALL your jank, but neither do they. Show your mastery when those limits are in play.

Besides, as ex-Magic player I'm actually kinda glad there ISN'T a mandatory legacy format for the Blue effects to run wild and we can enjoy the Standard format instead.😅😂🤣

On 6/9/2020 at 7:50 AM, Archangelspiv said:

I like Hyperspace, makes you think more than extended. You can't fall back on old faithful builds all the time. You can get meta spikes like Boba+1, but they are worked out how to beat them in quick time. 

FFG can have whatever tournament they like, it's their game, you don't have to be involved in the format if you don't like it.

No one said I would be forced to play hyperspace if I didnt want to FFS.  Is that happening to you? are you safe?

This is a message board. Everything any of us say is an opinion and player commentary, which at most gives FFG an idea where the playerbase stands. We all know this.  very weird that your response to my opinion on the direction of the game is to try to "inform" me that I wont be forced to play the game against my will. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

No one said I would be forced to play hyperspace if I didnt want to FFS.  Is that happening to you? are you safe?

This is a message board. Everything any of us say is an opinion and player commentary, which at most gives FFG an idea where the playerbase stands. We all know this.  very weird that your response to my opinion on the direction of the game is to try to "inform" me that I wont be forced to play the game against my will. 

It’s ok princess, it’s just a game. Shhh daddies here. 

As you said, this is a message board for FFG to gauge player opinion. My response to your opinion could be summed up as, if you don’t like it, quit b*tching about it and don’t play it. FFG are not going to change it. They will forever and always have a limited format for a change of pace. 
We get it, you don’t like it. No one cares. Move on until they change the available ships next update. 

Edited by Archangelspiv