Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

If you had to choose, which of the following changes to hyperspace would you prefer?

• Add Defenders, add B22.  Bad ships I love.
  • Remove Maul/Slave 1.  Boba needs a bit of a nerf, and would likely still be OK without them.
  • Missing things:
    • Add Predator.  I'm happy to have Crack Shot gone, but Predator is more expensive and less powerful per attack, so I'd rather have that.
    • Remove Vader combined with add Afterburners.  Wouldn't want to add Burners if Vader is still around.

I didn't vote. Respectfully, I think the poll is a list of leading questions without equitable ways to answer. As a solution I'd suggest do a poll that had a list of questions that has...

(7 questions). For each faction what ship would you remove. Pick 1 to 2.

(7 questions) For each faction what ship would you add. Pick 1 to 2.

(1 question) what upgrades would you remove, pick 1 to 3.

(1 question) what upgrades would you add, pick 1 to 3.

That will get you more equitable answers, and better sort the data at the same time. There's even further you could go to get better questions and more sorting.

Poll melted my brain. 

I like the lack of shenanigans in HS very much. There are a number of ships that are almost not worth flying without them and would probably be kinda wasted in such a scene. 

There are others that can bring strong BS but would nevertheless be fun to fly in a back to basics way, with the targetted upgrade/synergy exclusions. 

So yes, protect fort hyperspace. 

Limiting it to ships actually released for 2.0 is very neat and tidy.

I'm not wise enough to judge how certain swaps would affect the overall balance, but Slave 1 out, Defender and YV in would do me for starters.

From the other side of the table, can we lose one of struts/discord? Please?

15 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

From the other side of the table, can we lose one of struts/discord? Please?

I'm behind removing struts. It's a card that gives a (conditional) free pass around core game mechanics. Hyperspace is light on core-mechanic-avoidance cards, e.g. changing your dialled move (no Seasoned Navigator), pre-maneuver movement (no Advanced Sensors or Supernatural Reflexes), dial-peeks (no Sense). There are some exceptions, but generally they're the most limited kinds, e.g. Sense out but Intelligence Agent in (one designated target only), Seasoned Navigator out but Ved Foslo in (a pilot ability which limits it to a specific ship with poor action economy). Slave-1 is a bit of an exception to the rule, but switching left/right is quite minor by itself, it's the power of Boba that elevates it.

Ignoring obstacles is another class of core-mechanic-avoidance. Collision detector is absent from Hyperspace, as is Dash (by absence of his ship). Struts stand out to me because they're cheap and versatile and can be applied to all the fighters in the squad. That's the rub for me; a full swarm of vultures+hyenas pays 8 points total for struts on all of them - that's less than a lot of single upgrade cards - taking up the config slot which they don't use for anything else (i.e. there's no opportunity cost) and gets a major advantage in maneuvering compared to any other swarm.

Maybe Fearless out? As a bit of a Fang man, I'd happily lose it to gain Old Teroch. His ability is one of the interference effects that has been largely excluded, but I don't think it shines too bright without the talent.

I'd accept Fenn out.

Would actually not mind the entire Firespray going. I've had fun with it, but kind of all done with it for a bit. They could leave me Bounty Hunters to mess about with, that'd be win-win.

YV and Z-95 in. I'd love Jabba, but he can be fairly abusive, so I wouldn't expect him.

Lose the Jump, reprint and legalise IG. Prays.

Kihraxz would be super handy....

I think this all might leave Scum in a narrow place, ScykFangs, but I'm not really sure what should happen elsewhere to encourage diversity. Struggling to remember playing any games outside my house ever.

See @ForceSensitive post above.

As for the option Remove Maul. He is not the problem, but Boba with Slave 1 is.

Maul is one of the exactly 2 force cards in Scum. Also, it is funny how hilariously better Fifth Brother Gunner is, costing 1 point less(!). At least you should have had the option "remove 5th Brother" as well. But as said an open poll would have been less leading.

Where is the remove Hypercrap format option?

Knowing that will never happen. At least have a logical noob format like it was before where it was just 2.0 only stuff. It makes zero sense for a new player to go buy a CIS or Republic starter set and be told yeah, half that stuff isn't legal in tournaments (because for some reason almost every tournament is Hypercrap format). 

On 5/27/2020 at 5:44 AM, Stay OT Leader said:

And anything not currently released on Second Edition should not be part of Hyperspace format.

I'm all for this. 

Keep it simple, man. 

If Crack Shot came in a 2e expansion, then put it in Hyperspace and balance it for that... If it didn't, then leave it out. 

I don't hate the current vetting format by FFG, but maybe as a themed format with a real title like, "Beginner's Format", or something. 

Maybe we all just haven't had a chance to appreciate the current Hyperspace yet. 

I digress. 

3 hours ago, Bucknife said:

@ForceSensitive

Could you make us a second poll how you're suggesting and link it in the thread? 

Otherwise, can you make one like @Boom Owl but with answers that fit your preferences better? 

I'd be happy to vote again in this grand democracy we have here. 

I could give it a shot. I checked the site to see how ready or would be, are there any other good free poll sites that would work that people prefer?

11 hours ago, Bucknife said:

I'm all for this. 

Keep it simple, man. 

If Crack Shot came in a 2e expansion, then put it in Hyperspace and balance it for that... If it didn't, then leave it out. 

I don't hate the current vetting format by FFG, but maybe as a themed format with a real title like, "Beginner's Format", or something. 

Maybe we all just haven't had a chance to appreciate the current Hyperspace yet. 

I digress. 

I think ultimately we'll get a third format of 'Classic', it's just a matter of time.

• Hyperspace: Curated 2nd Edition released ships & upgrades
  • Extended: All 2nd Edition released ships & upgrades
  • Classic: Conversion kits are legal.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:19 PM, Bucknife said:

@ForceSensitive

Could you make us a second poll how you're suggesting and link it in the thread? 

Otherwise, can you make one like @Boom Owl but with answers that fit your preferences better? 

I'd be happy to vote again in this grand democracy we have here. 

Okay I've made a Google form... But have no idea how to publish it? How do you post it so people can fill it out?

8 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

Okay I've made a Google form... But have no idea how to publish it? How do you post it so people can fill it out?

At the top right, there should be a "share"...you might be able to recycle whatever it spits out for Facebook or Twitter on here. 

Otherwise, some Google docs should be able to "publish", which you can then embed on here. 

On 6/2/2020 at 7:33 AM, Stay OT Leader said:

I think ultimately we'll get a third format of 'Classic', it's just a matter of time.

• Hyperspace: Curated 2nd Edition released ships & upgrades
  • Extended: All 2nd Edition released ships & upgrades
  • Classic: Conversion kits are legal.

why split it more?  the reason everyone hates hyperspace is because you cant play with what you own from 1.0 even after paying to convert it.  why extend that bad practice to extended?