Muelmuel

Clone Wars arc lines

So, what colour do you think will, or should be present for the arc lines of ship tokens coming out for the Republic and CIS respectively? Rebels use red while Imperials use green, which makes sense since those are the lasers commonly seen firing from their ships.

I would elect blue for one of them. CIS because blue is their coat of arms color. And for the Republic they can receive the blue lines if your laser color theory correct. 

44 minutes ago, sasska said:

I would elect blue for one of them. CIS because blue is their coat of arms color. And for the Republic they can receive the blue lines if your laser color theory correct. 

The Republic's turbolasers and blasters were blue because blue bolts used ionized charges that were more effective against droids and vehicles.

VenatorTurbolasers-SoM.png

Yes, that's why I said (at least I wanted to say :D) that I can imagine blue for either faction.

The question is, what will be the color of the other one? The CIS had red lasers, but that's already occupied by the rebels. Or, I guess, the rebels have orangeish, so then the cis could have bright / pure red. 

Posted (edited)

Red bolts supposedly meant the blaster / laser / turbolaser was using lower quality Tabanna gas from Bespin. It would make sense that Rebels would use cheaper Tabanna gas because they'd use whatever they could get their hands on. And it makes sense for the CIS to use cheaper blasters/lasers because they were greedy, penny-pinching swine.

The Empire's ship turbolasers were green because they used higher quality gas (I'm not sure if it was Tabanna or not), which supposedly made their turbolaser bolts more powerful. And presumably the Death Star's Superlaser was green for the sake of continuity among the Empire's space-based weaponry.

I don't think it's necessary for the Rebels and CIS have different coloured lasers. That seems kinda simplistic. (That's what the '80s G.I. Joe cartoons did and in retrospect, those were really dumb and patronizing to kids.) I think we can tell factions apart without colour-themed lasers.

Edited by Reavern
Revision

3 minutes ago, Reavern said:

Red bolts supposedly meant the blaster / laser / turbolaser was using lower quality Tabanna gas from Bespin. It would make sense that Rebels would use cheaper Tabanna gas because they'd use whatever they could get their hands on. And it makes sense for the CIS to use cheaper blasters/lasers because they were greedy, penny-pinching swine.

The Empire's ship turbolasers were green because they used higher quality gas (I'm not sure if it was Tabanna or not), which supposedly made their turbolaser bolts more powerful. And presumably the Death Star's Superlaser was green for the sake of continuity among the Empire's space-based weaponry.

While I know the First Order and Death Stars used kyber crystals to power their lasers I don't know if that's the case for the Empire. It could be which means kyber crystals make the strongest lasers.

5 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

While I know the First Order and Death Stars used kyber crystals to power their lasers I don't know if that's the case for the Empire. It could be which means kyber crystals make the strongest lasers.

Yes, the Death Stars did use kyber crystals, and two episodes of Star Wars Rebels showed that those crystals were green, and when they exploded they produced green explosions.

However, only some First Order warships, like the Finalizer, were armed with turbolasers that used kyber crystals.

Upgraded from Imperial Era turbolasers, the Resurgent-class delivered more firepower and had a faster recharge rate. Stemming from kyber focusing crystals harvested from a secret source deep in the Unknown Regions, other captains clamored for upgrades to their warships, only to be denied as military-grade crystals were in short supply. Only the most prestigious and important vessels were allowed this advanced weaponry, along with the Order's highest ranks.

Unfortunately, the Finalizer never really saw any action in the Disney Debacle Trilogy in terms of ship-to-ship combat. It might've gotten a few shots off at the Raddus when the FO fleet emerged from hyperspace, but it was the Supremacy that kept the pressure on the Raddus using its long-range turbolasers, during the slowest, longest, and most boring starship "chase" in Star Wars and cinematic history. So the Finalizer's allegedly more powerful turbolasers were completely wasted!

To go back to the original question; in X-Wing Rebels are red, Empire is green, Grand Republic is Blue and the Separatists are a kind of gungy brown. However, Legion uses blue for Empire and Separatists, and red for Rebels and Republic - but that's mostly on the art-work, as Legion doesn't really have firing lines in the same way as Armada and X-Wing.

11 hours ago, Reavern said:

I don't think it's necessary for the Rebels and CIS have different coloured lasers. That seems kinda simplistic. (That's what the '80s G.I. Joe cartoons did and in retrospect, those were really dumb and patronizing to kids.) I think we can tell factions apart without colour-themed lasers.

There is a good reason for choosing a different color: instant distinction between factions. With both faction I can tell is quite useful if you storage the ship cardboards all together.

I would really thank different colors considering I expect a republic arquitens coming out eventually. It's far easy than reading the ship name to avoid traveling a long way to a tournament with the wrong ship cardboard in the bag. I have "problems" with the kuat and the ISDI as the battery armament is quite similar. That's the reason I storage them with the ISDII and Cymoon faces up and I double check them always.

It's not a big deal of course but that kind of design details is something I always thank for tabletop games.

I’m fairly certain one will be blue. The other I suspect will either be purple or yellow. I have no justification or evidence for either, but they would make a good, easy distinction between fleets with those colors. 

2 hours ago, Indy_com said:

I'd say that the GAR would get blue lines, like their guns, and the CIS would get yellow lines as it's the only one of the main 4 colours not yet used in that case.

Yellow would be a bit weird, don't you think? I know its the only main color that left though... (that's was my first thought as well, but then I abandoned the idea, because for me it would look odd. ) 

What about having bright / pure red for the CIS? The rebel arc line are rather orenge-ish, so maybe they could make it look like distinct. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2020 at 6:20 AM, EbonHawk said:

In X wing CIS is Orange/rust colour, Pub is Blue. 

As Rebels/Imp are same in both games, likely follow suit.

Aren't the Imp's firing arcs changed to blue for 2.0?

Edited by Muelmuel