Alino

Potential First Order and Resistance future ships?

I know there's not.... a lot to differentiate the new trilogy factions from empire and rebels that i'm aware of, so was curious on what potential First Order and Resistance ships we'd be getting?

Was looking myself, and I think First Order could get the Oubliette-class transport, but i can't really think of anything else for them. (Well, besides giving Kylo's command shuttle a proper 2.0 box in the future)

As for resistance.... there's some stuff from 1.0 that could use boxes i guess, but  I guess the WTK-85A Interstellar transport could work? It's tough to say so i wouldn't mind hearing other thoughts!

3 minutes ago, Alino said:

Hm that could be interesting. My thought process was to try and get ships that wouldn't just feel like.... "slightly fancier imperial/rebel ship"

To be fair that’s basically all Disney did for them on screen, so not much for folks like ffg to work with.

People harp on the prequels, but one thing they had going for them was they had unique designs that still (mostly, Naboo ships are kind of the exception) fit the existing known aesthetic.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:24 PM, Odanan said:

RESISTANCE:

• T-85 X-Wing (with an exclusive mod that gives cloaking?)
  • Fireball and other "racing" ships from The Resistance series (Black Ace is awesome). There are at least 6 other ships in the Ace Squadron and oh, they would look awesome in a X-Wing spin-off about racing (totally compatible with the main game).
  • Y-Wing BTL-S3 BTA-NR2 (yay! Y-Wings for everybody!). More images here.
  • New X-Wing with 2 guns, from 2nd season of The Resistance.
  • Resistance B-Wing.
  • WTK-85A transport (title: Bestoon Legacy) - is it Scum? was this ship originally piloted by Rey's parents? well, has at least one First Order (Ochi) and one Resistance (Poe) pilot. Oh, I think it featured in some later episodes of The Resistance. More info released. 

FIRST ORDER:

Going to be a bit Debbie Downer here, but honestly I could just do without. There's simply not enough 'new' content, let alone unique style to what is new, to interest me for it's own faction. With few and rare exception, there's nothing in the latest that I don't look at and go "oh the other Reb/Imp thing". I was honestly hoping for a new Corvette for each faction of some kind and... Well... It's the CR-90 again. Not even different paint on it.

You might get that Hauler as a transport for Epic and besides the ResBomber that light be the most visually distinguished it gets. The best FO got was the batmobile and the troop lander thing.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

The Resistance transport hauler from Rise of Skywalker is a possibility. What would it do in the game? I have no idea. That's for someone at FFG to figure out! But it would bring a large-base ship to the Resistance (with likely a ton of support upgrades).

Fortitude-TROSVD.png

This is not epic though: it's smaller than the Millenium Falcon. Length of just 26.82 meters (YT-1300 is 34.75).

If it was much bigger and could carry like 2 fighters inside, I could see an use for it in X-Wing.

Edited by Odanan

4 hours ago, Odanan said:

This is not epic though: it's smaller than the Millenium Falcon. Length of just 26.82 meters (YT-1300 is 34.75).

I agree that it wouldn't be an Epic ship, but I do think it could be a Large. The YT-2400 is a Large-base ship and its length on Wookiepedia is listed as 21 meters. I should have said "would bring another Large-base ship to the Resistance."

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

I agree that it wouldn't be an Epic ship, but I do think it could be a Large. The YT-2400 is a Large-base ship and its length on Wookiepedia is listed as 21 meters. I should have said "would bring another Large-base ship to the Resistance."

Not really lacking large base ships, already have the Falcon and the StarFortrees. No Medium basis however, Medium base support ship in the realm of a U-wing is something the faction can play with.

Cannon's and a turret??? Hmmm

Edited by Tyhar7

I personally think this transport is a better option than the one from ROTS. While that one is in the movie, I definitely prefer the look of this as a sort of mini-corvette. Feels like it could be upgunned a little bit, maybe throw a turret up top, and it would be pretty fun. Still in the large category, though. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Intersystem_Transport_Ship

Sphyrna-class is 116 meters, which gives it potential for epic for Resistance. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sphyrna-class_corvette

I doubt we'll get the apparent death trap that is the Jungle X-Hopper. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jungle_X-hopper

The FO could see the TIE Echelon, I suppose. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE/es_assault_shuttle

I also still want all those racers from Resistance, maybe as a standalone compatible product as others have suggested (though how you decide who in there gets higher initiative, I do not know).

6 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

They should introduce this as an Epic ship for the First Order. It would be like playing with the G.I. Joe USS Flagg all over again.  😂

First Order Landing Platform

I saw this earlier and did not realize this ridiculous thing flies in space. I thought it was just a mobile platform for in atmo. Incredible.

not to be argumentative, but when the prequels were out, people were trashing hard on the designs, saying they were too colorful and not close enough to the OT stuff to make sense. 

Apparently can't please people. 

I'd say the extra color was a great thing. And having a little more distinction is very nice. Doesn't feel like we're getting hit with the nostalgia bat every time an old ship is rehashed. 

I liked the prequel ships from the beginning. 

Didn't realize that transport was so small though. Tiny little cockpit up top there and all. Still, one of the more unique designs to the era. Still gets a thumbs up for... Something? Eventually.