Garrett17

Rapid Launch Bays and...

Posted (edited)

Anyone here every make good use of this card? I'm considering using it with some lancers to enable some huge movement across the board between the ship(s) packing the RLBs and Flight Commanders and then using their rogue ability. I tend to think of the lancers as being similar to raiders. Strike fast and hard and don't get bogged down in a squadron fight or you're not long for this world.

Edited by Garrett17
edit for missing words

I often use Rapid Launch Bays to drop B-wings next to the enemy flagship. It's the best way to get B-wings where they need to be and prevents enemy squadrons from intercepting them.

This is even more potent when using Raddus to drop an MC75 AC or MC80 CC next to the enemy flagship, reveal a Squadron Command, deploy Scurrg and 2-3 B-wings to soften up the target and exhaust its defense tokens, and hopefully finish it off when the ship attacks.

7 hours ago, Garrett17 said:

Anyone here every make good use of this card? I'm considering using it with some lancers to enable some huge movement across the board between the ship(s) packing the RLBs and Flight Commanders and then using their rogue ability. I tend to think of the lancers as being similar to raiders. Strike fast and hard and don't get bogged down in a squadron fight or you're not long for this world.

That's the way I wanted to use RLBs before, but haven't found a fleet to fit in. Go last jump in with FC and drop the Lancers, squadron phase the Lancers immediately move, has a very large threat radius. Like OP says they're quite frail in a fight, but if kept back to finish off ships later they might not be maximising their use..

B-wings are a good starting point. There are quite a few Raddus builds where squads are packed into a large ship via RLB, so it can drop them in the same turn and they can help the large ship hit it's target harder. Can't go wrong with Flight Commander either, increases their threat range.

I've used Rapid Launch Bays with an Assault Frigate Mark II B along with a Flight Commander loaded with Bwings or Scurrgs. I'll usually deploy it to the side from my main force to either try to draw off some of the enemy ships or have a potent flanker if no ships are diverted.  I don't play competitively so I can't say that its "powerful" but it is fun.

This is how I used Rapid launch bays

Name: Say hello to my little friend
Faction: Rebel
Commander: General Dodonna

Assault: Rift Assault
Defense: Asteroid Tactics
Navigation: Infested Fields

MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100)
• Lando Calrissian (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Ordnance Pods (3)
• Profundity (7)
= 130 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Slicer Tools (7)
= 27 Points

• General Dodonna (20)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Ordnance Pods (3)
= 143 Points

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Rapid Launch Bays (6)
• Garel's Honor (4)
= 55 Points

Squadrons:
• Malee Hurra (26)
= 26 Points

Total Points: 381

5 hours ago, Irishmadcat said:

This is how I used Rapid launch bays

Name: Say hello to my little friend
Faction: Rebel
Commander: General Dodonna

Assault: Rift Assault
Defense: Asteroid Tactics
Navigation: Infested Fields

• Lando Calrissian (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Ordnance Pods (3)
• Profundity (7)
= 130 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Slicer Tools (7)
= 27 Points

• General Dodonna (20)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Ordnance Pods (3)
= 143 Points

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Rapid Launch Bays (6)
• Garel's Honor (4)
= 55 Points

Squadrons:
• Malee Hurra (26)
= 26 Points

Total Points: 381

Nice way to use Hurra, although, how often do you find that she comes in handy to get that crit since the ships already have reroll capability?

1 hour ago, Muelmuel said:

Nice way to use Hurra, although, how often do you find that she comes in handy to get that crit since the ships already have reroll capability?

So with that small a dice pool 1 side and 1 front plus the confire you can't guaretee a crit on both arcs. She is the insurance that you have 2 Dodonna crit 1 from her shot and 1 from the ram with hopefully a third. Quazars don't like it and you get first normally and the double arc due to the profundity drop.  Generally your dropping the hammer head ona target and hoping it does the job. Also people put fighter back to try and deal with her. this help Mc75 stay alive. Its not the greatest fleet but it is fun.

Rieekan on flag ship, GR75 with 2x B-Wings, RLB, Quantum Storm and Flight Commander.

Fly GR-75 into opponents flagship, launch B-Wings without activating them, then use Yavaris to double tap via 2xVCXs.