Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

What if FFG created another brand new ship?

6 minutes ago, bkcammack said:

I remember reading the black fleet crisis books and just thinking “That was a huge waste of time. I’m done with Star Wars books. ” The Hand of Thrawn Duology brought me back in because Zahn doesn’t seem to go along with the “Let’s make everything bigger and more deadly” mentality.

Yeah, Black fleet was just bad. I read the Vong stuff but didn’t really care for it at all.

The Zahn books, x-wing series, dark & crimson Empire was about my lot.

1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Look, you can hate on Disney and the sequels all you want, (I loved them) I’m sure I’m not gonna change your mind. But one of the best things about the Disney era has been that with their tighter controls on content, we don’t have to deal with as much embarrassingly poor hack writing filling up the SW Universe with garbage (we just have to occasionally deal with that from Dave “Maul Has Legs Again” Filoni). There are a couple of sort of decent stories from the old stuff, but just about every one of them jumps the shark at some point and gets unspeakably stupid.

Are you REALLY asking for the Yuuzhan Vong?? Like, that story stands out head and shoulders as way sillier than all the rest. Like, that’s even dumber than the idiotic story about IG-88’s droid brain successfully hijacking the bloody Death Star (Cybersecurity? Never heard of it. Who needs it?).

Disney didn’t just kill the EU because it wanted to write its own stories. They ALSO killed it because most of the writing was barely better than fan fiction. Let it stay dead.

Did you ever read any of the New Jedi Order novels? Or did you just summarily dismiss them because they weren't film novelizations or written by Timothy Zahn?

I read all of the New Jedi Order novels and while some were better than others, overall, they were good. Unlike the Jedi Academy books, which were unbearable! What I appreciated most about the Del Rey-published Star Wars novels was their ambition and scope. For the NJO, they plotted out a series of 19 novels, written by 11 authors, and tied them all together into a cohesive war epic. (They did the same thing with the Legacy of the Force 9 novels, which were even better IMO.)

The Yuuzhan Vong were a fascinating new villain and a welcome departure from the Empire and Sith. The Vong were something completely new and different, and their civilization was fascinating and deeply developed. I loved how the Vong's biotech was introduced, demonstrated to be different and superior in numerous ways, and eventually the Jedi and NR learned how to overcome it and defeat the Vong.

The Yuuzhan Vong would be perfect for all 3 of FFG's Star Wars games. The Vong had warships for Armada, starfighters for X-Wing, and armies for Legion.

I would much rather have the Yuuzhan Vong in Armada than the Disney Debacle Trilogy.

Don't be deluded that Disney discarded the EU because some of the content was bad. They simply did it to clean the slate so Jar-Jar Abrams could create an entirely new Sequel era... and neglect to fill it with anything beyond his superficial backstory for the Debacle Trilogy. Jar-Jar Abram basically pressed pause on the entire SW universe from the end of the Battle of Jakku to the opening scene of TFA that took place above Jakku. Apparently nothing else happened in the 30+ year time span.

Jar-Jar Abrams couldn't even be bothered to create another planet -- or make Jakku different from Tatooine. He was just so lazy, unoriginal, and unambitious. And it was completely unsatisfying to not return to Jakku in the third movie and explain its supposed significance: Why Jakku, of all possible places, was the planet that the Daughter of Palpatine was abandoned on? It was just because Jar-Jar Abrams wanted Star Destroyer wrecks half-buried in the desert, to serve as an interesting backdrop for the Millennium Falcon TIE Fighter chase sequence. That was it! The reveal from The Aftermath trilogy that Palpatine had a secret observatory on Jakku had nothing to do with Rey being on Jakku. And the climactic battle of Aftermath was just to explain how that Super Star Destroyer crashed upside-down on Jakku. There was nothing more to it!

So don't pretend like the "tighter controls" that Disney has supposedly imposed on new Star Wars content has boosted the quality of canon material. The Aftermath trilogy was mediocre at best, the Resistance series was abysmal, and the new trilogy turned into a complete debacle. All because Disney chose the wrong people to carry on the Star Wars franchise.

Whereas now, Disney is course correcting and it seems to be working. The Mandalorian was an extraordinary success, TCW Season 7 was great overall and had an incredibly dramatic ending, and Jedi Fallen Order proved that gamers want story-driven singleplayer Star Wars games. Most importantly, the incompetent people responsible for the Debacle Trilogy have been stripped of all creative control and will be tossed out like last week's medical waste as soon as their contracts expire. George Lucas is back and he's working with talented and passionate creative people like Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau to create a new era of Star Wars greatness. And the reports and rumours coming out about Star Wars strongly suggest that they are bringing back elements of the EU. It seems like they're cherry-picking the best parts of the EU, which is precisely what Disney should've done from the start, rather than dumping it all into Legends.

So I'm happy to disappoint you that the EU is being brought back from the dead. Long live the EU!

2 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Look, you can hate on Disney and the sequels all you want, (I loved them) I’m sure I’m not gonna change your mind. But one of the best things about the Disney era has been that with their tighter controls on content, we don’t have to deal with as much embarrassingly poor hack writing filling up the SW Universe with garbage (we just have to occasionally deal with that from Dave “Maul Has Legs Again” Filoni). There are a couple of sort of decent stories from the old stuff, but just about every one of them jumps the shark at some point and gets unspeakably stupid.

Finally, someone who shares my sentiments towards Dave Filoni! Look, I strive to be a champion for all things Star Wars, and I do think that Filoni did some great work with Clone Wars and Rebels (like you said, occasionally is the key word here), but he's more guilty than just about anyone of peddling in nostalgia and going back to the same well.

2 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

Finally, someone who shares my sentiments towards Dave Filoni! Look, I strive to be a champion for all things Star Wars, and I do think that Filoni did some great work with Clone Wars and Rebels (like you said, occasionally is the key word here), but he's more guilty than just about anyone of peddling in nostalgia and going back to the same well.

Dave Filoni studied at the desk of the Master, George Lucas, and was basically groomed by him to succeed him as the custodian and creative director of Star Wars. George Lucas presumably worked with thousands of creatives over the decades, but he chose Dave Filoni.

I can't explain why Lucas chose Kathleen Kennedy to become the president of Lucasfilm when he sold to Disney; presumably it was because he had worked with her on Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones, and he thought she'd be a competent executive and was wise enough to stick to what she was allegedly good at, and leave the creative decisions to the creative people, i.e. Dave Filoni. Tragically, that didn't happen. Kathleen the Great brought in Jar-Jar Abrams to create her vision of Star Wars, which involved systematically killing off the 3 main characters over the course of the new trilogy.

It's true that Dave Filoni draws inspiration from the Original Trilogy and Prequels, but unlike Jar-Jar Abrams, he's faithful to the themes and allegories that are at the heart of saga. Jar-Jar Abrams just exploits nostalgia without ever understanding what made it mean so much to fans. Jar-Jar-Abrams thinks that it's enough to simply build a bigger Star Destroyer, build a "better" Death Star, or stick a rectangular satellite dish on the Millennium Falcon, and call it a day. Whereas when Dave Filoni designed the Ghost for Rebels, it was clearly an homage to the Millennium Falcon while being new and different; but most importantly, Filoni understood that in addition to being a ship, the Ghost was a home and its crew were a family. The classic characters spent a significant amount of time aboard the Falcon in ANH and ESB (not so much ROTJ), going through various trials and getting to know each other during their journeys; whereas in the Debacle Trilogy, there's little to none of that; and what little there is is only in TFA. After that, the Falcon is just a mode of transportation and combat vehicle, and the crew is ever-changing, so there's never a sense of "family" established by the new characters. They're always in too much of hurry to get where they're going for them to ever appreciate the journey!

That's the fundamental difference between Dave Filoni and Jar-Jar Abrams. Filoni understands that story, characters, and heart are fundamental to Star Wars. Whereas Jar-Jar Abrams just apes the most superficial elements of Star Wars and changes them by 10% so he claim them as his own. Literally.

There was a legal reason why, in The Force Awakens, the Millennium Falcon had a rectangular dish, why Han wore a jacket instead of a vest, the TIE Fighter's color scheme was inverted, and why C-3PO had a red arm; it's all so they were marginally different enough from their depictions in the Original Trilogy so that Disney wouldn't have to pay royalties to George Lucas.

If you want to know more about what I'm referring her, check out this video:

I'm not saying that Dave Filoni is perfect. He did create Star Wars Resistance, which I absolutely hated. But I believe his hands were tied by Disney and Kathleen Kennedy on that one, which is why it was so childish and un-Star Wars-like.

But when Dave Filoni returned to The Clone Wars for Season 7, he proved that he was back on his game.

Finally, George Lucas and Jon Favreau wouldn't be working with Dave Filoni if he was the problem. If he was another of Kathleen Kennedy's toe-lickers, like Jar-Jar Abrams and Roundhead Rian Johnson, he would've been stripped of all creative control and pushed out by Disney. Instead, he's a member of the Holy Trinity, and he's helping Star Wars return to greatness!

5 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

I mean..Vader has legs again, so there's precedent for Maul to get some too!

The Vong books were trash that had a couple of good books mixed in.

Aaron Allston, and his General Wedge Rearguard (and where we probably get Leia's Resistance in the modern books from).

Borssk Fey'la dying a more noble death than the **** political backstabber deserved.

... but they killed Chewbacca by dropping a moon on him.

And then they refused to kill Han Solo even though it would have been a great way to close his character arc (and improve Jacen / Jaina's).  

Oh, and it was all caused by a force sensitive planet (that Anakin and Obi-Wan traveled to!) deciding to cut off it's inhabitants connection to the force just because. 

And it was STILL a better set of stories than "Jedi Bug Orgy" or "Jacen Solo becomes evil because... uh..."

I'm not even going to go into Jedi Bug Orgy, but Evil Jacen Solo involved such high points as having his 16 year old apprentice assaulted by his dead brother's extremely messed up fiance, who he was basically corrupting with the force equivalent of drugs.

I love the new Star Wars.  It's different and that frightens a lot of people who don't like new things. 

Han Solo doesn't know how to be a father, and retreats to a life of crime with Chewbacca, but when push comes to shove he is able to save his son by risking himself for those he cares about.

Luke doesn't know the first thing about being a teacher, and when he realizez his LEGEND set him up for a failure, he retreated.  But he still also able to grow, and see his mistakes.  And even correct them.

Leia pours everything she has into her work, subverting a fascist First Order that clings to the past, holding it up as a great moment in Imperialism.  She grows to realize her time too has passed, and new heros need to carry the torch.

Chewbacca is still youg for his species, and didn't get crushed by a moon.

Anyway, I'd like a MC-40 as a Rebel Medium and one of those Solo concept art Imperial frigates.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

I love the new Star Wars.  It's different and that frightens a lot of people who don't like new things. 

Han Solo doesn't know how to be a father, and retreats to a life of crime with Chewbacca, but when push comes to shove he is able to save his son by risking himself for those he cares about.

Luke doesn't know the first thing about being a teacher, and when he realizez his LEGEND set him up for a failure, he retreated.  But he still also able to grow, and see his mistakes.  And even correct them.

Leia pours everything she has into her work, subverting a fascist First Order that clings to the past, holding it up as a great moment in Imperialism.  She grows to realize her time too has passed, and new heros need to carry the torch.

Chewbacca is still youg for his species, and didn't get crushed by a moon.

Anyway, I'd like a MC-40 as a Rebel Medium and one of those Solo concept art Imperial frigates.

The worst crime that Jar-Jar Abrams committed on Star Wars was Han losing the Millennium Falcon. Case closed. Guilty. Appeal denied!

You can argue that Han was a bad dad and went back to a life of "crime" when things got tough, but there is no defending Han's ship getting stolen. Han losing the Falcon was the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas.

I hope you "enjoyed" the Disney Debacle Trilogy while it lasted, because it's going to be systematically ignored until it's an unacknowledged memory, like the Star Wars Holiday Special.

There are no plans to continue the Debacle Trilogy because Disney wants to abandon that divisive folly and distance themselves as much as possible without calling attention to it. Disney will never officially say that it was a mistake and it's unlikely they will de-canonize it -- at least not this soon. Perhaps in 5-10 years they'll dump it into Legends.

All of Disney's current plans involve the Post-Empire era, i.e. The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano series, and possible Luke Skywalker series; the GCW era, i.e. the Kenobi series; and the "High Republic" era... and the abortion that Harvey Weinstein's former assistant squeezes out.

So you can claim all you want that the Disney Debacle Trilogy is "better" than the New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Force novel series, but it's over. Good riddance.

Edited by Reavern
Jar-Jar Abrams' WORST idea

10 hours ago, Reavern said:

Did you ever read any of the New Jedi Order novels? Or did you just summarily dismiss them because they weren't film novelizations or written by Timothy Zahn?

I read all of the New Jedi Order novels and while some were better than others, overall, they were good. Unlike the Jedi Academy books, which were unbearable! What I appreciated most about the Del Rey-published Star Wars novels was their ambition and scope. For the NJO, they plotted out a series of 19 novels, written by 11 authors, and tied them all together into a cohesive war epic. (They did the same thing with the Legacy of the Force 9 novels, which were even better IMO.)

The Yuuzhan Vong were a fascinating new villain and a welcome departure from the Empire and Sith. The Vong were something completely new and different, and their civilization was fascinating and deeply developed. I loved how the Vong's biotech was introduced, demonstrated to be different and superior in numerous ways, and eventually the Jedi and NR learned how to overcome it and defeat the Vong.

The Yuuzhan Vong would be perfect for all 3 of FFG's Star Wars games. The Vong had warships for Armada, starfighters for X-Wing, and armies for Legion.

I would much rather have the Yuuzhan Vong in Armada than the Disney Debacle Trilogy.

Don't be deluded that Disney discarded the EU because some of the content was bad. They simply did it to clean the slate so Jar-Jar Abrams could create an entirely new Sequel era... and neglect to fill it with anything beyond his superficial backstory for the Debacle Trilogy. Jar-Jar Abram basically pressed pause on the entire SW universe from the end of the Battle of Jakku to the opening scene of TFA that took place above Jakku. Apparently nothing else happened in the 30+ year time span.

Jar-Jar Abrams couldn't even be bothered to create another planet -- or make Jakku different from Tatooine. He was just so lazy, unoriginal, and unambitious. And it was completely unsatisfying to not return to Jakku in the third movie and explain its supposed significance: Why Jakku, of all possible places, was the planet that the Daughter of Palpatine was abandoned on? It was just because Jar-Jar Abrams wanted Star Destroyer wrecks half-buried in the desert, to serve as an interesting backdrop for the Millennium Falcon TIE Fighter chase sequence. That was it! The reveal from The Aftermath trilogy that Palpatine had a secret observatory on Jakku had nothing to do with Rey being on Jakku. And the climactic battle of Aftermath was just to explain how that Super Star Destroyer crashed upside-down on Jakku. There was nothing more to it!

So don't pretend like the "tighter controls" that Disney has supposedly imposed on new Star Wars content has boosted the quality of canon material. The Aftermath trilogy was mediocre at best, the Resistance series was abysmal, and the new trilogy turned into a complete debacle. All because Disney chose the wrong people to carry on the Star Wars franchise.

Whereas now, Disney is course correcting and it seems to be working. The Mandalorian was an extraordinary success, TCW Season 7 was great overall and had an incredibly dramatic ending, and Jedi Fallen Order proved that gamers want story-driven singleplayer Star Wars games. Most importantly, the incompetent people responsible for the Debacle Trilogy have been stripped of all creative control and will be tossed out like last week's medical waste as soon as their contracts expire. George Lucas is back and he's working with talented and passionate creative people like Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau to create a new era of Star Wars greatness. And the reports and rumours coming out about Star Wars strongly suggest that they are bringing back elements of the EU. It seems like they're cherry-picking the best parts of the EU, which is precisely what Disney should've done from the start, rather than dumping it all into Legends.

So I'm happy to disappoint you that the EU is being brought back from the dead. Long live the EU!

Like I said, I doubt I’ll change your mind on any of this, but the old EU novels were (as a whole) really stupid. I enjoyed Stackpole’s X-Wing series, mostly the earlier books... when it started getting into sleeper-agent-mind-control territory, it all stopped reading like an action sci-fi and turned into a really long, really terrible episode of Star Trek. Shadows of the Empire was worse. The Tales of the Bounty Hunters and all of that were fan-service drivel. I like Thrawn as a character, but I thought the books he appeared in were again, pretty bad. I remember reading “The Courtship of Princess Leia,” or whatever they called it, thinking that the Rancor-Riding Force Witches of Dathomir were about the dumbest thing ever, then being absolutely dumbfounded that (some of) THAT was one of the pieces of EU that Filoni mined for new canon material.

When they got around to aliens from the beyond invading the galaxy in shrubbery, I was beyond finished. I would sit in the bookstore and read a few chapters from them from time to time, wishing they didn’t suck, but no, I never completed one.

The Sequel films played it pretty safe. The one that didn’t (TLJ) was arguably one of the better Star Wars films; it took chances, and wasn’t afraid to challenge its viewers’ expectations (by and large, though, middle-aged white guys hate having their expectations challenged, and I think that’s why there’s such a visceral hatred for that film among so many insecure middle-aged white guys. I say this as a middle-aged white  guy whose first movie theatre experience was ESB when I was three).

Resistance is actually a really fun show, and the first animated Star Wars thing that I found aesthetically pleasing; the art style was fresh and dramatic. Rebels was okay, and I liked (most of) the story, but the art was pretty meh. I find Clone Wars to be nigh unwatchable, what with the plasticky beards and terrible voice acting and so on. My friends keep telling me to watch it, and I keep doing two or three episodes and finding I just... don’t care.

The Mandalorian is great. The one episode I found to be so bad it actually made me angry was the one where they went on the nostalgia trip to Tatooine. I literally felt like there should be someone on a loudspeaker saying things like, “and if you look to your left, you’ll see the famous booth where Han met Obi-Wan and later, shot Greedo...” I looked it up, sure enough, it was directed by Dave Filoni. He may be the Anointed of the Master, but frankly I think Lucas created something that grew beyond him, and once he served up the steaming pile that was Episode II, and all of the incredibly nonsensical endgame dialogue in Episode III (“Only a Sith speaks in absolutes...” soooo, logically, Obi-Wan’s *absolute statement* just proved that he’s a Sith? Wait, what? How did that make it past editing?), Lucas lost all credibility with me. Filoni is a weirdo, hired by a weirdo, and held back from making too many horrible decisions by people who “get it” better than he does. 

All of that business about Threepio’s red arm and the square dish on the Falcon having some sort of legal weight that prevents Disney from paying royalties to George or whatever is nonsense. I’m pretty sure Lucas is not an idiot, and had some pretty ironclad agreements laid out as to how he was to be paid, and if it includes royalties or anything like that, changing what color Threepio’s ARM is wouldn’t get Disney off the hook for one red cent. I think statements like that are what you get when you cross film criticism with Pizzagate-level conspiracy theory.

And that’s kind of all I really want to say on the subject.

13 hours ago, Reavern said:

Never understood the hatred towards the Yuuzhan Vong, biotech villains are a classic in the sci-fi genre and it was done fairly well if you ask me. I would have liked to seen an overgrown Coruscant and other weird stuff instead of another Empire in the ST but that's my opinion.

21jnvl.jpg

Old Book Star Wars has always been terrible, with a few small bright spots.  New Star Wars is great, with a few meh moments.

Probably my favorite part of TLJ was Luke screaming about the "sacred texts" and Yoda laughing at him.  "Page turners, they were not."

You can't tell me that wasn't directed at us Star Wars goonlords who read every single book, knew exactly what we wanted out of a Star Wars Movie, and got SUPER MAD we didn't get it.

Finn, Rey, Poe, and Rose are Star Wars now.  Let the past die.  Kill it if you have to.  It's okay to like new things, and learn new ideas.

And the YV / Jacen Solo Turns Evil Because (?) were hella dumb.

51 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

It's okay to like new things, and learn new ideas.

I don't know if you were responding to me or @Reavern but I haven't said anything about new things being bad, I personally didn't like what we got but if you did then that's fine. 

55 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

So do you think the MC40 would be an Ion Cannon based Rebel Medium?

I would like it to be Ion based but what would be the complimentary dice? If it's black then MC30 comparisons would be inevitable.

2 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Old Book Star Wars has always been terrible, with a few small bright spots.  New Star Wars is great, with a few meh moments.

Probably my favorite part of TLJ was Luke screaming about the "sacred texts" and Yoda laughing at him.  "Page turners, they were not."

You can't tell me that wasn't directed at us Star Wars goonlords who read every single book, knew exactly what we wanted out of a Star Wars Movie, and got SUPER MAD we didn't get it.

Finn, Rey, Poe, and Rose are Star Wars now.  Let the past die.  Kill it if you have to.  It's okay to like new things, and learn new ideas.

And the YV / Jacen Solo Turns Evil Because (?) were hella dumb.

lol.

The Disney Debacle Trilogy is dead. If you're expected more Debacle era Star Wars, I'm happy to say that you will be sorely disappointed. There's nothing for you. Except maybe a 4-hour cut of TRoS that might be released around 2024, just to polish that turd.

Star Wars has returned to the hands of the Master and his apprentices.

2 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

So do you think the MC40 would be an Ion Cannon based Rebel Medium?

I'm certain there would be a blue dice version of the MC40, if that ship was added to Armada, but I'd prefer if FFG did something different.

The problem is that every combination of dice has been done already:

• ASM2: both versions red-blue dice;
  • VSD: red-blue and red-black;
  • MC30: red-black and blue-black;
  • CR90: red-blue and all blue dice;
  • Raider: both versions blue-black dice;
  • Gladiator: mostly black dice;
  • Arquitens: mostly red dice.

There's nothing left to do. So the MC40 (and any other ship) would to be derivative of an existing Armada ship...

Unless, FFG does something special, like the Interdictor, Onager, or Starhawk.

I don't really want the MC40 to be changed into a Rebel Interdictor, but there is an option: Pulse-Gravity Mines. Those should be deployed from a Hapan Battle Dragon, but I doubt we'll see that in Armada, so perhaps the MC40 could come with Pulse-Gravity Mine upgrade cards, similar to the Proximity Mine upgrade card. At least that would give a new Rebel medium ship something special and analogous to the Interdictor. 

FFG is rather limited to what Lucasfilm allows them to run, so I generally count EU stuff right out for Armada.  

And let's be honest, getting rid of the crazy sucker who turned himself into a laser canon tripod is better for everyone involved.

32 minutes ago, Alzer said:

And let's be honest, getting rid of the crazy sucker who turned himself into a laser canon tripod is better for everyone involved.

Show me on the doll where the nasty cannon man touched you. 😛

Lots of opinion pieces. Precious little in the way of facts though. All Disney has said is that the Skywalker line of films is complete and they're moving on to other stories. No mention of never doing anything in the sequel trilogy era. 

And your comment about returning to the hands of the master and his apprentices must be projection. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Formynder4 said:

Lots of opinion pieces. Precious little in the way of facts though. All Disney has said is that the Skywalker line of films is complete and they're moving on to other stories. No mention of never doing anything in the sequel trilogy era. 

And your comment about returning to the hands of the master and his apprentices must be projection. 

There's no way you had time to read all of those article and view all of those videos in 10 minutes, so your reply was obviously made in ignorance.

Edited by Reavern
10 minutes

Posted (edited)

Dude, when you discuss the game, you provide really good points for discussion. Very well articulated and reasoned even if I and others do not always agree, they are good. Your problem is that if someone disagrees with you, you get angry and defensive so fast that we all forget that you can and do make valid points elsewhere and can only see your petty tirades worthy of a petulant teenager. Try to lighten up, not take everything said as a personal attack and just enjoy the wonderful discourse about this great game. Don't bother to respond to me on this comment as I will not get dragged into one of your endless rants either, I am only pointing out how you come across to the vast majority of posters here.  

@Reavern your last post just made my point. It was snarky and really did nothing to further the discussion of OP's original question. It only served as a jab at someone else who disagreed with your relative perspective on books and movies, something that is inherently subjective by their very nature. 

Edited by Grand Admiral Buford

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Formynder4 said:

It's rather... Bold, to assume everyone reads at the same rate you do. 

9 of those 11 links were to YouTube videos, not written articles. You would've known that if you had clicked on any of them.

You can't watch a video faster than it takes to play. And most of those videos are longer than 10 minutes, so you didn't have enough time to watch more than one. Which you didn't.

Edited by Reavern
Videos

You don't say? That was rather obvious from the links. So clearly any reference to reading would've been to the two articles. 

As for videos, you don't have to watch every second to grab a gist and see where they're going. 

Came to browse through the thread and see what ship ideas people had. Was genuinely curious what fresh designs could be brought into the game that we'd never seen before.

After reading where the thread has gone, I not only regret my decision to open it but was quickly reminded why I've been avoiding Star Wars discussions in any way, shape, or form.