Silver_leader

X-Wing articles ?

I know that there is a pandemic running actually. 

But since there was some leak for the future waves, and in one of their latest FFG live, they said that the articles should be released at the end of april or start of May.

What's happening ? We are all waiting for news of X-Wing !

I agree that they don't really know in which direction they will go with the evolution of the pandemic. 

Still, they have released some stuff for Arkham Horror and Keyforge. It would be nice to get some articles.

59 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I don’t even know if ffg knows what’s going on. 

Maybe.... maybe not. There is still suppose to be a points update next month. Those aren't usually just slapped together so there is still some decent effort being put in I would say. 

3 minutes ago, mrkyle said:

Maybe.... maybe not. There is still suppose to be a points update next month. Those aren't usually just slapped together so there is still some decent effort being put in I would say. 

But the tournament data isn’t there. They have much less data to determine points changes, so it will either be delayed or it will be very haphazard by comparison.

Would be nice to see some articles but the next wave on the upcoming page says the releases don't come out til September. That is a good 3 or so months away. If the list of leaked ships is true and some of the stuff is part of the following wave, that won't see a release until like December. Two of the SKUs are pretty close to the SKUs of the 3 ships of Wave 7, perhaps those were supposed to be added to the wave but who knows what will happen now.

Generally articles for a wave that talk about the contents don't get released until close to the release date, which sadly doesn't seem until September or so.

The next article we get is either gonna be a fluff one, about the release of the 7 damage decks, or ships being added to the next wave. 

I'd expect that X-Wing's gone into limbo for the forseeable future.  There are no events coming up to write hype articles about, no releases coming out until September at the earliest, and no OP releases to get the competitive folks up and running.  FFG seems to be really pushing the proprietary stuff, and as far as I can tell, has been since early November.

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

But the tournament data isn’t there. They have much less data to determine points changes, so it will either be delayed or it will be very haphazard by comparison.

remove boba's crew slot

leave the entire rest of hyperspace unchanged 

increase the points cost of every i5-6 in extended by a d6 roll

I read on another thread that ffg confirmed point changes for june on discord but I cannot confirm.

I doubt the point changes will be major, boba will go up slave one will go up.  I wouldnt be surprised if slave one title is no longer hyperspace legal.  Maybe they work on the break point for a few more ships.  Focho and 5 x wings didn't break the game.

As for new articles it will be awhile before anything substantive is published.  We dont know if the wave 7 September release date is optimistic, if it's the worst case scenario, or if it is actually realistic.

I believe that ffg will need to create more x wing articles just to replace the lack of big tournaments.  OP was their main marketing  strategy and for the foreseeable future that isn't an option.  I do think these articles will be more community engagement style pieces think painting tutorials, reminding people epic exists and other casual stuff. 

1 hour ago, svelok said:

remove boba's crew slot

leave the entire rest of hyperspace unchanged 

increase the points cost of every i5-6 in extended by a d6 roll

Boba isn’t that bad. It’s an artificiality of hyperspace because most of his predators aren’t hyper legal.

I feel yanking his crew slot is excessive. What they should do is variable point cost Slave 1 based on pilot initiative, so for Boba it should be pretty pricey to eat up the bid that he gets with his single wingman. 

FFG's twitter dropped this yesterday 5/19:

Fantasy Flight Games releases are beginning again in the United States! You can view our upcoming page now to see what's currently shipping to retailers near you. https://fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

15 minutes ago, reqent said:

I doubt the point changes will be major, boba will go up slave one will go up.  I wouldnt be surprised if slave one title is no longer hyperspace legal.  Maybe they work on the break point for a few more ships.  Focho and 5 x wings didn't break the game.

I don't think Boba needs touched much, but dropping Slave 1 from Hyperspace is great. Moving Slave 1 to variable pricing based on initiative sounds good hyperspace or extended.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Boba isn’t that bad. It’s an artificiality of hyperspace because most of his predators aren’t hyper legal.

I feel yanking his crew slot is excessive. What they should do is variable point cost Slave 1 based on pilot initiative, so for Boba it should be pretty pricey to eat up the bid that he gets with his single wingman. 

I agree with everything said.

I think anything that allows a player to push a decision to later in the round has to be scaled with initiative. I think Passive Sensors should be the same way as well.

Edited by Skitch_

3 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

I don't think Boba needs touched much, but dropping Slave 1 from Hyperspace is great. Moving Slave 1 to variable pricing based on initiative sounds good hyperspace or extended.

That would be ideal.  I think it's important to have powerful accessible options but the title is where the problem starts.

2 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

I think anything that allows a player to push a decision to later in the round has to be scaled with initiative. I think Passive Sensors should be the same way as well.

Yeah or give it the composure treatment and state the calculate or target lock is only action you can perform.  

20 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

I know that there is a pandemic running actually. 

OK, good...

20 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

What's happening?

...er.  There is a global pandemic running?

Look, I know we are all bored, in a tough situation and anxious for news of our favourite game to debate and discuss, but...

There were a large number of people laid off from FFG at the start of the year, a lot of job cuts.  This was even before the pandemic hit.

Now we have a situation where once again, people are more than likely to have been sent to work from home or are otherwise struggling with employment issues due to the current circumstances, with no concrete timescale for a return.

Now, you could argue that articles may have already been written and would only need to be published ( 🙄 ), or that release info could already be in place, but we're in an unprecedented situation here.  And honestly, there are much bigger things to worry about at the moment than another slow news day.

Speculate all you want.  Make predictions, discuss the game, with list, analyse the meta, have fun, whatever.  But for God's sake, reign in the entitled news begging.  Official news will come when it comes.  

16 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

I think a 2/2/3/3/4/5 would be fine. Or at least 3/3/3/3/3/5 to make Vader pay for his shenanigans if he wants to take them. You could even make it 6 for him.

Point changes?  I'm hoping for a hike on high initiative pilots.  Dropping most generics doesn't actually fix anything.  Hit the obvious problems: Slave1 and Zizi.

I'm more curious if Hyperspace is going to get all shook up.  I'm guessing they already had a plan in place for where it was going next?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Boba is very firmly at the top of Extended as well.  The recent Space Jam online event had two Boba/Dengar lists in the top 4 (including the overall winner), and four Boba Fetts in the top 16.  He seems to be able to go toe to toe with the best Extended has to offer.

Edited by Jarval

How about we leave the well performing stuff alone and look at the under performing stuff instead? Boba is not broken, he's just good. We just need to have more good options to compete with it. Guess what? we already have, just try them and have fun.

Now about new articles, it would be realy nice to have some news about x-wing, it's been a while and we need something fresh to talk about.

3 hours ago, C3gorach said:

There are people that see the Slave I title, an 1pts upgrade, as anything but broken? Interesting...

If you remove it, and do nothing else, Boba won't be any less dominant. That's the main thing. You need to take Maul - or the whole crew slot - away, or you need to raise Boba's price dramatically. S1 is undercosted but in the end mostly incidental to Boba being crazy strong.

Posted (edited)

I was initially intended to simply say that there was not real articles released since the announcement of the Xi, LAAT and HMP. I miss some of thiese announcements. No way I intended to embark on another points discussion thread.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:41 PM, KiraYamatoSF said:

Generally articles for a wave that talk about the contents don't get released until close to the release date, which sadly doesn't seem until September or so.

I agree with you. But since we are not in a normal situation, I think that FFG has to create some momentum from their Star Wars products, especially that the Clone Wars series has come to an end. There is a lot coming around with the leaks. It would be a good idea to give a little something at the players to chew on. No articles have been posted since january 8, except the adepticon announcement that have been made by Max on FFG live about the faction packs.

I really think that in a marketing perspective, it would be a good idea to create a hype for X-Wing for december 2020 with a lot of the future releases. I would send all the faction packs in a big release with maybe 2 waves (3 ships already announced and the next release). 

As for Armada, we all know that the clone wars contnent will be released. Just post a first article to see what's coming would be encouraging.

Legion had multiple announcements that they have announced not long ago (Padme, Cad Bane and 2 others at feb 11, Inferno, Clan Wren, republic ATRT and droid scooters on march 26). It's been 2 months, they also deserve a preview, but I think X-wing deserve more.

Edited by Silver_leader