Sign in to follow this  
Reavern

GenCon 2020 Cancelled -- When will Clone Wars Armada be revealed now?

2 hours ago, Karneck said:

Reavern, what you want is not what the marketing strategy of FFG is as stated by Steve Horvath (Asmodee North America President / Head of Publishing).

By no means am I a marketing expert, but what he states in the video I'm going to link makes a lot of sense to me, I may not like it, but that's their plans. If you want to see a change, you need to write to them directly with your comments and thoughts.

This entire video is a fantastic look inside Asmodee and by extent, FFG. I'd suggest you watch the whole thing.

Sure, because writing directly to FFG/Asmodee will accomplish anything when the rest of you so-called fans and supporters of Armada aren't willing to stand up and question or criticize FFG in any meaningful way.

Whereas if more members of the Armada community expressed their dissatisfaction with the state of Armada, that might actually accomplish appreciable, positive change.

Now, on to my analysis of the video:

12:53

Thing 1: There's too many games coming out.

Thing 2: Yes.

Thing 1: So we need to release less, better, more successful games.

That's greedy business spin for "Reduced choice = Increased profits"

Is that supposed to explain/justify why FFG has only released 1 or 2 SW Armada ship expansions per year for the past ~3 years?

And do they actually believe that the Armada community is happy about that? 🙄 Because I think the majority of the Armada community wants a lot more than 2 ships per year.

Am I wrong?

15:08

Thing 2: (Re: Imperial Assault) But I'm not sure that games of that style need new content all the time to be out there and sell perennially year after year. I can tell you...

(shrugs shoulders)

... What... A playmat or two came out for Imperial Assault last year... and it still had a very, very strong year. (Evil grin as he counts the $$$ in his puny mind)

It's obvious that Thing 2 only cares about money -- and I know that sycophantic swine will argue "that's his job!" as if that excuses anti-consumer, profit-first, let-them-eat-cake, deplorable business practices. Thing 2 doesn't care about game development, customer satisfaction, or the health of the gaming community. They're not even on his radar! He's incapable of seeing the forest through the money trees.

15:41

Thing 1: So you said, there's obviously a shift towards focus. (Thing 2: Yeah.) And to kind of cut through the noise of the industry. (Thing 2: Yeah.) But you also said that, you know, people that are still there, or people that maybe have left or had to leave the-the "organization"... (Thing 2: Yeah.) ... are starting to get a clearer understanding and appreciation for "the vision". (Thing 2: Yeah.) So, what is the vision? (involuntarily rolls his eyes)

Thing 2: So... the vision is to do less, make it count for more, right, and to really be focused and specialized.

Thing 1 sugar-coated Asmodee's purge of FFG of anyone whose "thinking" didn't align with their corporate overlords. That presumably means The Creatives behind FFG's greatest card and board games, the types of people who have personal integrity and who put principles before profit, they've either been fired by Asmodee or they've bent the knee and fallen into line. That means the souls of FFG's most beloved games have been ripped out and replaced by cowardly sycophants who have sworn allegiance to Asmodee and their obliviously contradictory credo "The vision is to do less."

How often do you hear true visionaries expounding the virtues of "doing less". 🙄 I can imagine how inspiring and motivating it was to FFG's game designers, writers, artists, sculptures, and game testers, to hear that Asmodee wants them to do less.

That is soulless corporate-speak for "We want to become lean and agile by trimming the fat," which means firing employees and cancelling products to reduce operating and manufacturing costs, increase Asmodee's profits, while offering less to customers.

Who are the FFG fanboys who are pleased about this? Please, raise your hands. Don't be shy. Be proud of who and what you are.

Is this honestly what you want to hear from Asmodee? Do you genuinely believe that they are making FFG's games "better"? 🤨

17:12 - Finally mentions Armada

Thing 2: Then, for the miniatures team the inverse is true. They have three games. They have Legion, they have X-wing, and they have Armada. That's right, they have Armada. Armada is alive and well. Okay?

Thing 1: (in utter disbelief) That's a game that again, it's-it's this pocket where it's like, yeah, there's not that many releases coming out...

(Thing 2 interrupts Thing 1 to cut off his negative and true observation about Armada -- Thing 2 can't tolerate that truth to be un-impeached)

Thing 2: (lying) I love that fan base, how dedicated they are.

Sure, the profit-first guy "loves" how dedicated Armada's "pocket" of players is about their favourite game. I'm certain he's content with the smaller size of the Armada player base, compared to Legion and X-wing, which he mentioned first.

The order that people list things is a dead give away to their personal bias regarding those things' importance and priority. Unsurprisingly, Armada was last. The only reason Thing 2 singled it out was because he knew that Armada has been neglected in recent years. Legion has released over 60 expansions since August 2017, whereas Armada has only released 6 expansions (5 ships and 1 campaign expansion).

And whose fault is that?

Is Asmodee trying to blame us, the Armada community, for not buying enough Armada products? (Have you seen my collection!? I'm confident that I'm doing my part in supporting Armada... and Legion, and X-Wing, and Mansions of Madness, and Arkham Horror, etc.)

The real blame should be placed on FFG and more specifically Asmodee's meddling. There are no shortage of ships and starfighters in Star Wars Canon and Legends/EU that FFG could use for expansion packs. But they haven't. The primary reason why Armada's community is smaller than Legion and X-wing's is because of the dearth of content for Armada, both in terms of the number of expansion packs developed and released by FFG, and for the stock shortage of Armada expansions on store shelves!

How can Armada's community grow and thrive if there aren't Armada ship and squadron expansions for us to buy!?

How are those problems anything but FFG and Asmodee's fault?

-------

I'm not going through the rest of the video because it's just more corporate BS from Thing 2 and ball-fondling by Thing 1.

@Karneck I fail to comprehend why you'd post this video as any kind of defense of FFG/Asmodee's business practices.

If you want to feel better about eating meat, looking at what happens inside a slaughterhouse won't accomplish that. You'll just end up being disgusted and horrified. Which were my reactions to that video. 🤢 🤮

If you want to take the time and post quotes and/or time stamps from that video that will supposedly support your case, it would be my sincere pleasure to tear those apart. 😈

35 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Europe and Australia exist

I wrote "us" in all caps: US.

Not "U.S." as in the United States.

I thought that was evident through spelling and context.

BTW: I would never speak for the United States. I'm Canadian😎

Posted (edited)

Reavern.

Let me make sure I get this correct.

You've been ranting about how you do not agree with FFG's marketing strategy and how you wish it was not the way it was.

I see this, I understand that you are having frustrations with it. Not knowing your level of understanding of FFG's marketing strategy, I post a video that relates to what you are talking about. I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

In which post I also stated, that I did not agree with said marketing strategy, but it appears to make sense, based on what they are saying.
By no means did I state I was defending the marketing strategy. Rather that the video was an insightful look into the company.

I then stated that writing to them would be a way to express your thoughts and concerns.

Which is something I've done personally, in writing and vocally, to those that I have worked with as a 3rd party contractor; it may not ever go anywhere, sure. But I've taken that step.

Have you?

You've taken my post, have overblown it and have now have made hyper aggressive responses towards me.

For? What? What reason? What was your intent here? 

Honestly what the **** is your problem man? I was going to give the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm past that. If we ever meet in person, I'm just going to walk away from you unless I directly need to be involved with you. The armada community is a wonderful place, and it is not for someone as toxic as you.

I suggest you rethink if this community is where you want to be.

Edit: On second thought, when (there is no IF) you respond to this. I'm not going to respond, I won't go so far as to put you on my ignore list. Because I plan to keep an eye on you, but I'm not going to sink to your level of toxicity and give you the satisfaction of any further responses.

Edited by Karneck

14 minutes ago, jamie nasmyth said:

I mean seriously what have either @geek19 or @Karneck ever done for us? 

Other than half of the most comprehensive blog of the game, and a 380 page self-referencing manuscript detailing all known Armada rules interactions between components and a video series on each and every one of those components, respectively? Absolutely nothing.

36 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Reavern.

Let me make sure I get this correct.

You've been ranting about how you do not agree with FFG's marketing strategy and how you wish it was not the way it was.

I see this, I understand that you are having frustrations with it. Not knowing your level of understanding of FFG's marketing strategy, I post a video that relates to what you are talking about. I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

In which post I also stated, that I did not agree with said marketing strategy, but it appears to make sense, based on what they are saying.
By no means did I state I was defending the marketing strategy. Rather that the video was an insightful look into the company.

I then stated that writing to them would be a way to express your thoughts and concerns.

Which is something I've done personally, in writing and vocally, to those that I have worked with as a 3rd party contractor, it may not ever go anywhere, sure. But I've taken that step.

Have you?

You've taken my post, have overblown it and have now have made hyper aggressive responses towards me.

For? What? What reason? What was your intent here? 

Honestly what the **** is your problem man? I was going to give the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm past that. If we ever meet in person, I'm just going to walk away from you unless I directly need to be involved with you. The armada community is a wonderful place, and it is not for someone as toxic as you.

I suggest you rethink if this community is where you want to be.

Edit: On second thought, when (there is no IF) you respond to this. I'm not going to respond, I won't go so far as to put you on my ignore list. Because I plan to keep an eye on you, but I'm not going to sink to your level of toxicity and give you the satisfaction of any further responses.

You are such a snowflake. If you think that my reply was "hyper aggressive" then you must've been home schooled and have never argued with anyone on the internet before.

I'm not surprised that you admitted putting me on your "Ignore List" because that's how people like you deal with anyone who disagrees with you. You don't want to communicate or to participate in a constructive discussion about how to improve the state of Armada. You don't want feedback, you only want followers. You just want Likes and positive comments on your 15-minutes-longer-than-necessary YouTube videos.

I didn't insult you, I just stated my opinions that the video you posted utterly failed to spin FFG and Asmodee's business decisions into a positive light. Like my slaughterhouse analogy, insight into how a company operates doesn't magically make it acceptable. I recently watched a documentary about coronaviruses; that doesn't mean I now think COVID-19 is cool.

That video just proved how greed and complacency are endemic to Asmodee, and that cancer is spreading to FFG.

I'm genuinely baffled why you thought that video would "help"? If anything, it only confirmed my worst suspicions about Asmodee's meddling and mismanagement of FFG.

12:53

Thing 1: There's too many games coming out.

Thing 2: Yes.

Thing 1: So we need to release less, better, more successful games.

How do those statements even apply to Armada?

As I've stated, Armada has released a grand total of 6 expansions since January 2018, which is nearly 2 1/2 years. How are 6 expansions "too many"?

That's not a rhetorical question!

So why don't you sack up and ANSWER ME?

Because I know why you won't dare to answer those questions. You claimed that you've contacted FFG/Asmodee and worked with them as a 3rd party contractor, which is precisely why you'll never publicly criticize FFG or Asmodee for fear of losing your access and getting blacklisted. Your "clout" in the Armada community and probably your livelihood as a YouTuber is entirely conditional on you staying on good terms with FFG and Asmodee. You'll never say: "The Emperor has no clothes."

I will, and have, and will continue to be brutally honest about my opinions. Because I have a real job. I'm independent. I'm unbiased. I'm incorruptible.

I don't care if you and your ilk label me as "toxic". I'd rather be toxic than a coward, a sycophant, and a sheep.

You can take those as insults if you choose. The truth hurts sometimes.

Rest assured, if I saw you at a convention, firstly, I wouldn't recognize you. Second, I have no interest whatsoever in talking to you. You are not a YouTube personality that I trust or respect. I have as much interest in "talking" to you as Roundhead Rian Johnson, Jar-Jar Abrams, or Kathleen the Great.

If you want to continue debate/argue, fine. I'm not going anywhere.

8 minutes ago, Reavern said:

You are such a snowflake. If you think that my reply was "hyper aggressive" then you must've been home schooled and have never argued with anyone on the internet before.

I'm not surprised that you admitted putting me on your "Ignore List" because that's how people like you deal with anyone who disagrees with you. You don't want to communicate or to participate in a constructive discussion about how to improve the state of Armada. You don't want feedback, you only want followers. You just want Likes and positive comments on your 15-minutes-longer-than-necessary YouTube videos.

I didn't insult you, I just stated my opinions that the video you posted utterly failed to spin FFG and Asmodee's business decisions into a positive light. Like my slaughterhouse analogy, insight into how a company operates doesn't magically make it acceptable. I recently watched a documentary about coronaviruses; that doesn't mean I now think COVID-19 is cool.

That video just proved how greed and complacency are endemic to Asmodee, and that cancer is spreading to FFG.

I'm genuinely baffled why you thought that video would "help"? If anything, it only confirmed my worst suspicions about Asmodee's meddling and mismanagement of FFG.

How do those statements even apply to Armada?

As I've stated, Armada has released a grand total of 6 expansions since January 2018, which is nearly 2 1/2 years. How are 6 expansions "too many"?

That's not a rhetorical question!

So why don't you sack up and ANSWER ME?

Because I know why you won't dare to answer those questions. You claimed that you've contacted FFG/Asmodee and worked with them as a 3rd party contractor, which is precisely why you'll never publicly criticize FFG or Asmodee for fear of losing your access and getting blacklisted. Your "clout" in the Armada community and probably your livelihood as a YouTuber is entirely conditional on you staying on good terms with FFG and Asmodee. You'll never say: "The Emperor has no clothes."

I will, and have, and will continue to be brutally honest about my opinions. Because I have a real job. I'm independent. I'm unbiased. I'm incorruptible.

I don't care if you and your ilk label me as "toxic". I'd rather be toxic than a coward, a sycophant, and a sheep.

You can take those as insults if you choose. The truth hurts sometimes.

Rest assured, if I saw you at a convention, firstly, I wouldn't recognize you. Second, I have no interest whatsoever in talking to you. You are not a YouTube personality that I trust or respect. I have as much interest in "talking" to you as Roundhead Rian Johnson, Jar-Jar Abrams, or Kathleen the Great.

If you want to continue debate/argue, fine. I'm not going anywhere.

Lesss.... sheep, sycophant, snowflake, crappy nicknames, "debate me you coward" annnnd complete faith that hes perfect. I got TROLL BINGO! What do I win, the chance to leave this conversation?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Reavern said:

Some people really have to much time on their hands. Calling, and have called, and will call a troll here.

Being a kind of new player I really got to thank Karneck for helping a lot with getting better at Armada. 

Edited by Jansen007

Posted (edited)

Wait. I stated that I wasn't going to put him on my ignore list, and then INSULTS me that I put him on an ignore list. I seriously cannot infowars this stuff up.

Second, I have no interest whatsoever in talking to you.

Gonna be really hard if I'm judging your game. But if that's what you want. I have your written statement here I'll keep handy to show you in person why I won't engage with you.

Edited by Karneck

4 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Lesss.... sheep, sycophant, snowflake, crappy nicknames, "debate me you coward" annnnd complete faith that hes perfect. I got TROLL BINGO! What do I win, the chance to leave this conversation?

If you want to leave this conversation, no one's stopping you -- other than your own self-control and ego.

If anyone is guilty of trolling it's you and your cronies, who delude yourself into believing that your tenure and post counts and "popularity" on this forum somehow make your opinions matter more valid than mine. All the while, you don't even try to refute any of my points, because you're incapable of having a constructive, intellectual debate.

6 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Wait. I stated that I wasn't going to put him on my ignore list, and then INSULTS me that I put him on an ignore list. I seriously cannot infowars this stuff up.

Exactly. Because people who use Ignore Lists are cowards. The fact that you admitted to considering putting me on an Ignore List tells me the type of person you are.

It tells me that you are unwilling or incapable of engaging in a real conversation. You've read how I compose my thoughts and construct my arguments, and you've concluded that debating me is too daunting. I'm not surprised. I design my arguments to be intimidating and unimpeachable. You're not up to the challenge.

Therefore, your only recourse is to try to ignore me. Wall yourself off behind an impenetrable barrier of subscribers and sycophants, and pretend like I don't exist.

Well, you'll get a rude reminder that I exist every time you visit this forum, and this thread in particular.

3 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

Reading is hard for whiny little children like you apparently.

Yeah, the omission of "considering" really blows up my whole point. 🙄

15 minutes ago, Reavern said:

If you want to leave this conversation, no one's stopping you -- other than your own self-control and ego.

If anyone is guilty of trolling it's you and your cronies, who delude yourself into believing that your tenure and post counts and "popularity" on this forum somehow make your opinions matter more valid than mine. All the while, you don't even try to refute any of my points, because you're incapable of having a constructive, intellectual debate.

You've gotten one "confused" emote from the community, and one "laughing" emote.  For all of your posts.  In the entire thread.

Read the room.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

You've gotten one "confused" emote from the community, and one "laughing" emote.  For all of your posts.  In the entire thread.

Read the room.

Now three laughing, and likely more by tomorrow.
Edit: and now three confused. Like I said.

Edited by GiledPallaeon

Just now, Reavern said:

It tells me that you are unwilling or incapable of engaging in a real conversation. You've read how I compose my thoughts and construct my arguments, and you've concluded that debating me is too daunting. I'm not surprised. I design my arguments to be intimidating and unimpeachable. You're not up to the challenge.

Dude...this is embarrassing to read.

Posted (edited)

Has Admiral Nelson returned under an assumed name? This thread reminds me a lot of those heady days. Ah the arguments that were so off topic and the insults of such magnitude that only a preschooler could hope to compete. 

***please note, I have not mentioned any one by name, assume at your own risk***

🤣

Edited by Grand Admiral Buford
Cannot type worth a crap

17 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Hey Guys!  Just checking in after a few.  How are things?

*checks thread*

Wow... that escalated quickly... 

Guess Armada is not the right community for someone... which I correctly predicted.

Yeah, it's as inclusive as you claimed.

You're really batting a thousand. Pat yourself on the back.