SithLrd88

GCW Restock during Clone Wars Launch

Just wondering, once the world resumes semi-normalcy, if folks think current GCW ships that are hard to find will become easier to get or even harder as we approach the Clone Wars launch?

Obviously on FFGs end the importance will be to push new stock (which I, for one, am stoked for), however, it would be nice to get raked over the coals on the secondary market filling in the gaps of my current fleets. I've done WORK over these past few weeks getting stuff on Ebay and FB groups, but I grow tired of the grind.

Thoughts?

I am new so there is a ton I need especially imperial. I sure hope they do a huge restock as new interest is gained through clone wars. It stands to reason there will be renewed demand for existing stufg

It depends whether you want an official answer from FFG or just what Armada community members think will happen?

If you want the former, I don't believe we'll get an answer to this question from FFG any time soon -- and not just because of the COVID-19 pandemic. FFG rarely provides official updates regarding product restocks. In fact, they rarely acknowledge that their Armada, Legion, and X-wing products are out-of-stock to begin with. (During live-streams, the chat is always full of questions about restocks, which FFG either ignores or just laughs off, and answers softball questions instead.)

Speaking for myself, I don't believe that Armada products will be re-stocked between now and the release of Clone Wars Armada products. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic happened, I don't believe FFG was planning to do a massive Armada restock and get all of the ship and squadron expansions back on store shelves around the world. That seems virtually impossible now. I think the best we can hope for is a few random Armada expansions will trickle into stores in the next 6 months, maybe.

Presumably, the new Clone Wars products are FFG's top priority for Armada and FFG will do everything they can to make the Q4 launch window, which means reprinting existing Armada products is lower priority. Perhaps a some Armada reprints will arrive at the same time as the Clone Wars expansions are released, but I don't think everything will be released all at once.

There's also the possibility that FFG is deliberately withholding Armada restocks because they're planning to launch "Armada 2.0" alongside the Clone Wars expansions. If that's the case, it doesn't make sense for FFG to reprint their products now, when the whole Armada product line could be updated in 6 months.

One of the larger online stores in the UK switched their 'out of stock' labels on many Armada products to 'restock expected' 3 weeks ago and allows them to be ordered.

The store (Zatu Games) might be mistaken, but is generally reliable. Beyond that, you can look at FFG's own shop and see if stuff appears.

Posted (edited)

I'm 99.9%sure Armada 2.0 isn't even a twinkle it FFGs great grand childs eye yet.  They have stated several time , "no we are not planning an armada 2.0... "(cause we planned this one out and didn't make it worse with every wave like xwing)

I agree we likely will not see major restocking of GCW stuff till next year, unfortunately.  I have several ships I want to order a second or third of.  Keep checking FFGs store they randomly post stock of hard to find expansions like they found the shipment that must have fell behind the desk in Bob's office during spring cleaning.  It's a chore and you have to be quick cause those expansions go fast ( like minutes fast, hours at most) but it's a way better price than $110 for a rebels squads I pack.

Edited by Rune Taq

12 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

I'm 99.9%sure Armada 2.0 isn't even a twinkle it FFGs great grand childs eye yet.  They have stated several time , "no we are not planning an armada 2.0... "(cause we planned this one out and didn't make it worse with every wave like xwing)

I don't really want Armada 2.0; the only reasons I speculated it was a possibility was to explain the Armada stock shortage (which pre-dated the pandemic) and the 4 revealed CW Upgrade Cards appear to be larger and the dimensions match the Standard-size Squadron cards. X-Wing 2nd Edition changed upgrade cards from Mini-American to Standard-size cards, so if Clone Wars Armada's upgrade cards are standard size, it's plausible that Armada 2.0 could be happening -- even if FFG won't acknowledge it as "2.0" or "2nd Edition" and just refers to it unofficially as the Clone Wars Armada update.

The only thing that matters is when Armada products will be restocked?

The fact that FFG has updated the ship dates for many Legion and X-Wing expansions to June means that they're receiving shipments from China again, which means that IF FFG ordered any Armada reprints, they could receive them in the coming months. But I'm not optimistic about that because if FFG ordered anything Armada-related, it will be Clone Wars products to ensure they're ready for the Q4 2020 release.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:24 PM, Rune Taq said:

I agree we likely will not see major restocking of GCW stuff till next year, unfortunately.  I have several ships I want to order a second or third of.  Keep checking FFGs store they randomly post stock of hard to find expansions like they found the shipment that must have fell behind the desk in Bob's office during spring cleaning.  It's a chore and you have to be quick cause those expansions go fast ( like minutes fast, hours at most) but it's a way better price than $110 for a rebels squads I pack.

True, but glads have been on there for over a week now. Got my first two 😊

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rogue09 said:

True, but glads have been on there for over a week now. Got my first two 😊

Wow!  Great.  Prove me wrong....😁

Edited by Rune Taq

Posted (edited)

I wanted 3 when they release. Could only get 2.  Sold out in a week or two. Crazy. Found a 3 online I think but my local stores distributors couldn't get them

Edited by Rune Taq

10 hours ago, Rogue09 said:

I refuse to pay aftermarket prices for armada. Double or triple msrp is stupid

Definitely don't do that. It doesn't support FFG to line the pockets of greedy profiteers.

Just be patient and Armada products will be restocked, eventually.

Besides, Tabletop Sim and Vassal are the smartest ways to play Armada these days. Stay home and don't endanger your health. You can give FFG your $$ later.