Sign in to follow this  
S1leNt RIP

Play Together While Apart

Asmodee, I know you need uphold your trademark. Please just hire someone to make a tabletop simulator expansion maybe the people who already did it. Or be transparent about how making a video game version would lose you money.

Hello FFG,

We've only recently started using TTS due to the COVID19 situation and prior to that we were meeting face to face, using purchased materials of the product. TTS was an absolute saviour to our Arkham Friday nights. I understand needing to pull it because of your trademark but have you considered even the timing of the situation? And now to even suggest this, is an absolute tone-deaf suggestion or a slap in the face. I understand you might be thinking that you could sell more product (which by the way is very hard to acquire, if at all in the present situation) but I hope you've consider the PR or goodwill costs.

It does not look good on you at all.

Hello FFG,

initially we had only one player with cards, but we liked it a lot so I bought the complete set myself and we played lots of games with different players joining us. Than corona hit hard and we searched for solutions, since there was no official digital version we found the TTS Mod and were really happy how well that worked.

I can understand that you fear that you do not sell a lot, but really all board games have the issue that people stop buying stuff, especially when they can´t use it really anyways.

Without any real alternative shutting down TTS mod really is robbing us the joy to play the game and the fallback solution you suggest is just a joke. Especially compared to the mod your suggestion feels like a slap into the face for all the fans of the game.

You could have at least waited for the corona regulations to be lowered, so that physical gaming is possible again or present a valid alternative.

To issue the C&D during the height of a pandemic is a terrible look.  To suggest webcam play right after they issued the C&D feels a bit like a slap in the face.  Yeah I can start a fire by rubbing some sticks together as well FFG.

I know FFG needs to protect their IP, but taking down valuable community tools without first presenting an official alternative is just going to breed resentment.  The LOTR digital game was a valuable case study in misreading your audience.  We just wanna have some way to activate our physical products online so we can remote play, and we've been asking for it for a decade.  It's more than a little exhausting to see this keep playing out in circles.

Another example of Asmodee ruining another company. Half the mythos packs are out of stock/print, TTS mod is taken down and now you're telling me to man up and buy a webcam instead!? Absolutely ridiculous. I've been buying FFG products for over a decade but won't be  anymore.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, Yepesnopes said:

After shutting down the awesome mode in TTS, this is both insulting and pathetic. 

Well done ffg!

Exactly my thoughts. I will have a very hard time deciding if I continue buying AH LCG and ohter FFG products in future...

For me this article leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The current situation forced my gaming group (among which we own every Arkham LCG product multiple times) to play the game online only. Having the mod on TTS was a sanity and life saver for us. While the removal of the mod might have been legal, it certainly does not feel just, especially with the terrible timing of it. (Although I assume Asmodee is mostly to blame for this.)

This article doesn't make the situation any better and is only poking at the sore spot the sucker punch of removal left behind.