Sign in to follow this  
Ildirin

Question about Dream Diary

I had a thought today, can Knowledge is Power be used to put Essence of the Dream into your hand when Dream Diary(lvl 0) is also in your hand? I think so, but I've certainly missed things before.

I looked at the basic rules for bonded and it didn't seem to have anything preventing it. Also the Dream Diary doesn't have any text stating to remove Essence from the game if it isn't in play like most of the bonded cards do.

I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t. You wouldn’t be able to activate the reaction ability on Dream Diary while it is in your hand to interpret the dreams, but it’s a nice way to get two wild icons for an important test.

Ah shoot, I forgot about that wouldn't get you the interpretation, which is what I would really want.

This came to me while I was theorycrafting an Amanda deck that was going to have a focus on secrets and (eventually) use the Necronomicon from The investigator starter deck. So I want to be real slim on tome assets to use it with, but also don't really want to pay the experience to include it later.