Sign in to follow this  
Deadwolf

Hulk spoiler week

I have not looked at the spoiled cards but since everybody is talking a bout the She-Hulk ally, this made me think.

On the one hand, I'm a bit miffed that his ally is She-Hulk, as I was looking forward to two-hand play with the both of them. I know that's not impossible, and that it just cuts off access to Hulk's signature ally, and that this topic was discussed at length with Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel. But at the time I didn't care much for this second pairing and I did not think I would ever play them together. With the two Hulks, now, this is a bit different for me (with regards to how/what I wanted to play).

On the other hand, if in such a game the She-Hulk player dies, doesn't this allow the She-Hulk ally to be put on the table? Not that this helps much the remaining player, but I never realized the implication. 😄

2 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

I have not looked at the spoiled cards but since everybody is talking a bout the She-Hulk ally, this made me think.

On the one hand, I'm a bit miffed that his ally is She-Hulk, as I was looking forward to two-hand play with the both of them. I know that's not impossible, and that it just cuts off access to Hulk's signature ally, and that this topic was discussed at length with Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel. But at the time I didn't care much for this second pairing and I did not think I would ever play them together. With the two Hulks, now, this is a bit different for me (with regards to how/what I wanted to play).

On the other hand, if in such a game the She-Hulk player dies, doesn't this allow the She-Hulk ally to be put on the table? Not that this helps much the remaining player, but I never realized the implication. 😄

She hulk is an aggression ally, not Hulk’s signature ally.

4 minutes ago, KimJoshIl said:

She hulk is an aggression ally, not Hulk’s signature ally.

AH! Ok, well, I did not look at the cards and therefore I should have just shut up. Sorry. Thanks for the clarification, and this makes me happy.

Posted (edited)

Up Next!

https://irebeldestiny.com/2020/05/14/marvel-champions-exclusive-spoiler-inspiring-presence/

Inspiring Presence - Leadership Event, 1 cost, Play only if your identity has the Avenger trait. Hero Action: Heal 1 damage from an ally and ready it. Mental resource.

Most of the time, this is worth 2 thw or atk, which is only okay for 1 cost. This card's best combo would be with Vision.  If you built a deck entirely around Vision ( which is possible) then this card would be good, otherwise, meh.

It's cool that the picture is of Thor because Thor Leadership is one of the best places for this card (due to Vision+God of Thunder synergy)

Edited by Deadwolf

5 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

Unlike a lot of combos that require 2 cards in hand together, what I like is once you play She-Hulk, you have a couple turns to draw into Honorary Avenger as you really only need it once she's on 3 hp. That makes it a lot more practical of a combo. 3 Honorary Avengers is less practical tho lol.

It’s more practical than you might think. You only need to have the honorary Avengers cards on the 4,5,6 turns after you play her and usually that will mean you have drawn your entire deck by the time you need the last one. You can also not attack for a turn to draw one as she isn’t tying up space in your hand. 

Critical encounters just released there spoiler. It's apart of Hulk's nemesis set, Abomination. It's clash of the titans. Treachery card with a three boost, When revealed, The enemy with the highest ATK attacks the hero or ally with the highest ATK (the first player decides ties). If no attack was made this way, this card gains surge. 

37 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

Critical encounters just released there spoiler. It's apart of Hulk's nemesis set, Abomination. It's clash of the titans. Treachery card with a three boost, When revealed, The enemy with the highest ATK attacks the hero or ally with the highest ATK (the first player decides ties). If no attack was made this way, this card gains surge. 

stupid question , but what is surge?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, gmcc said:

stupid question , but what is surge?

Surge is when you draw and resolve another card from the encounter deck.

ETA: You still resolve the card that says "surge" as much as you can.

Edited by maniakmedic

Posted (edited)

Martial Prowess - Aggression upgrade, 2 cost, Skill: Play under any players control. Max 1 per player. Resource: Exhaust Martial Prowess -> Generate a (strength) resource for an attack event.

I love me some infinite resource. The limit isn't too restrictive, which is nice.

Edited by Orcdruid

Posted (edited)

Martial Prowess is really good, really solid resource generation, tho you may not want this in every aggression deck.

We are starting to see a separation of 2 types of aggression decks. One that uses cheap events like mean Swing, skilled strike, and tosses cards for Jarnbjorn.

The other is one we saw in the core set, using more meaty cards like Upper Cut and Relentless assault. This went to the wayside because Upper Cut isnt that good (Tho it is still seen in MM-A). But I can see this style coming back with the new 3 cost aggression event in this pack. And Martial Prowess is clearly designed to enable this style.

A good card but it depends on how many attack events you have and doesn't work with Jarnbjorn. My current Thor deck has 3 hammer throw and 2 relentless assault, so decent but I'd almost rather have enhanced physique as it can be used with Jarnbjorn whereas Martial Prowess can't. It really shines in decks like Ms Marvel where attack events are a big part of their signature kit and also in decks that have a lot of those meaty events (and the new 3 cost attack event that has yet to be officially spoiled is almost worth building a deck around).

It looks like Hulk can be built with either style so I think it will depend on him (tho he kind of wants all the resource generation he can get). It is a shame that Hulk smash is not an attack event.

Edited by Deadwolf

Posted (edited)

https://thesidescheme.wixsite.com/thesidescheme/post/spoiler-season-is-here

Sentry - Aggression Ally, 4 cost, 2 thw, 3 atk, 5 hp, Forced Response: after sentry enters play under your control, draw an encounter card. Energy Resource.

Not a whole lot to say here. 3 atk on 5 hp is incredible (2 thw on 5 hp is also good). I will gladly take an encounter card for him.

Edited by Deadwolf

46 minutes ago, Deadwolf said:

https://thesidescheme.wixsite.com/thesidescheme/post/spoiler-season-is-here

Sentry - Aggression Ally, 4 cost, 2 thw, 3 atk, 5 hp, Forced Response: after sentry enters play under your control, draw an encounter card. Energy Resource.

Not a whole lot to say here. 3 atk on 5 hp is incredible (2 thw on 5 hp is also good). I will gladly take an encounter card for him.

Another great flavour win with this card - really captured his over powered nature, and the downside he brings.

http://1-2-punchboard.com/2020/05/18/to-the-lab-hulk-spoiler-banners-laboratory/?fbclid=IwAR3ls_gPYy2-vyTDg9jHsRtXU6cXC4kk2jYR8OilA5x_vNNO2BwMVCoEF_o

Banner's Laboratory*, Support, Location, +2 REC, Alter-ego resource: exhaust Banner's Laboratory-> generate a [mental] resource. Mental Resource.

Not too exciting, but +2 rec and resource generation is solid. +8 recover w Downtime is pretty nice.

Posted (edited)

https://tcgcoop.design.blog/2020/05/19/surveillance-team-episode-1-hulk-hero-pack/

Electrostatic Armor - Protection Upgrade, 1 cost, Play under any play's control, max 1 per player. Response: After defending against an attack, deal 1 damage to the attacking character. Energy Resource.

Over the course of the game, this is sure to get good value in a defense protection deck although, plinking the villian for X damage is largely irrelevant. This does make defending against minions more attractive, tho I'm still not sure I'd do it over defending against the villain unless it would kill the minion. BW uses this card the best, as she can more easily defend vs minions due to her many ready effects and the plink damage synergizes with her other many sources of plink damage.

I've seen people suggest Ironman with this card, but he rarely defends.

Edited by Deadwolf

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, alex1226 said:

so it's basically retaliation?

It only activates if you defend, retaliate activates if you take a hit, defended or not, damaged or not, and survive. 

Edit: This has good synergy with cards like Desperate Defense and Indomitable. 

Edited by Derrault

4 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

I've seen people suggest Ironman with this card, but he rarely defends.

He can, though. I tried it out on TTS. As long as Stark isn’t supposed to be doing the bulk of the thwarting, it can work out really well.

3 hours ago, Derrault said:

This has good synergy with cards like Desperate Defense and Indomitable. 

And Unflappable. Protection builds that actively want to defend are becoming more and more attractive.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

He can, though. I tried it out on TTS. As long as Stark isn’t supposed to be doing the bulk of the thwarting, it can work out really well.

And Unflappable. Protection builds that actively want to defend are becoming more and more attractive.

Fully agree re: Ironman defending as well, the cost is something his reactor mitigates very well, and every point counts before he can get his armor on.