Sign in to follow this  
Deadwolf

Hulk spoiler week

So this week various content creators will be spoiling Hulk cards!

The first one is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVZGDXfzSE&fbclid=IwAR3peK2o0eFxI9Gj2ZImVHSOf213XYKRJQfu2ons_we92h4drmC4Wz4rOLw

Please watch the video to support them, but here is a text version

Crushing Blow: 1 cost, You can only spend [physical] resources to pay for this card, Hero action (attack): Deal damage to an enemy equal equal to your ATK.

Great attack event, super efficient, especially when you've got upgrades to buff your attack. Really incentivizes Aggression.

Looking forward to more!

I can honestly say that even heroes I don't particularly care about (like Ms. Marvel) end up being interesting to play because of how well the design is done. Hulk is looking similar. Wasn't particularly on my radar (except for the Aggression cards), but I'll admit I'm interested to see just how much damage you can get him to do in one hit.

Posted (edited)

If everything lines up you can get 15 damage with Crushing Blow in solo play with his 4 hand size. One Combat Training and two Boundless Rage(if it’s a 2 of) in play bringing his ATK up to 5. Then if you get his triple Physical producer(if it’s a 2 of), use one for Hulk Smash giving him +10 ATK, plus overkill for paying all Physical, and the other to pay for Crushing Blow.

So if that all lines up Hulk can take out a full health unique minion/Nemesis and full health Villain in one turn.

That crazy good even without another player.

Edited by Hyperjayman

10 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

One Combat Training and two Boundless Rage(if it’s a 2 of) in play bringing his ATK up to 5.

You only need one Boundless Rage to get up to 5 ATK if you have Combat Training.

Posted (edited)

Hulk is an interesting hero.

High atk, high def, very high HP, strong signature cards, incredible single target dps, but low thwart potential, low hand size in both forms, lower resource generation, weak AE ability, negative hero ability, and additional cost of physical resources.

The high attack and low thwart will make it so he struggles in solo similar to Thor although since he has high damage potential geared towards going face, he should be able to win via brute force more consistently than Thor. I dont think brute force is going to work against every villain tho. The aggression card, You'll pay for that is a boon to Hulk and most of the other common aggression decks but thwarting will remain a weakness and lean him more towards multiplayer.

Both of his abilities and his physical reliance are fairly minor negatives. He clearly wants to be in hero mode as much as possible so his weaker AE ability and lower hand size are w/e. I do wish he had a positive hero ability even if it was on the weaker side, he has a lot of balancing factors already. But whatever, it is negative, but it is minor. His signature cards requiring physical resources will not be an issue for aggression as a lot of the cards he'd he using anyway are physical. Protection will be a bit more of an issue here as it has fewer good physical cards, but again, but I think it will still be fine most of the time.

His low hand size and lack of resource generation are his biggest draw backs. Hand size of 4 is rough, and doesn't appear to have the resource generation to make up for it like Thor has. Limitless Strength is good, but unless you also have a 3 cost card in hand, some of the value will be wasted. He has a resource generator support with an AE action that is pretty good, but he will probably not use it all that much. His signature cards, while strong are also on the expensive side tho you can make up for this with cheap aspect cards. We will have to see.

So Hulk does have a lot of questions attached for me, that wont be answered till he actually get to play with him. I do think they went a touch overboard with negative balancing factors, we will just have to see if his high stats and above average signature cards make up for it. I do still think he will be a great Aggression hero in Multiplayer with a pretty good protection deck also. We will have to see in solo.

Edited by Deadwolf

I see "You'll Pay for That" being a big factor in making Aggression a more viable solo aspect.

I think Hulk would be an interesting character to design for if you want to keep the game balance but also capture the essence of the character. Hulk is unpredictable, not particularly smart, and likes to smash things. Based off of what we've seen, his MC character design has hit all three of those points. How well they did remains to be seen, but I am optimistic given the track record so far. Despite the gobs of Thor hate following his release, I really like his base build, though currently he is extremely fiddly to play solo. I'm betting Hulk is going to have the same reception: some people will think he's terrible, others will think he's awesome.

Thor has his ability, Asgard, and 2 God of Thunders and people still complain about his hand size.

Hulk only has limitless strength and an AE support for resource generation, in addition to a relatively expensive signature kit so I forsee a lot of flak over that. And I am admittedly a bit hesitant about that as well, but I am optimistic that he will still be good. You can make a cheap aggression deck (protection too) to compensate.

So yeah, I think Hulk is also going to see hate but I am hopeful that his crazy high damage potential will win out over his negatives, especially in Multiplayer.

3 hours ago, Hyperjayman said:

If everything lines up you can get 15 damage with Crushing Blow in solo play with his 4 hand size. One Combat Training and two Boundless Rage(if it’s a 2 of) in play bringing his ATK up to 5. Then if you get his triple Physical producer(if it’s a 2 of), use one for Hulk Smash giving him +10 ATK, plus overkill for paying all Physical, and the other to pay for Crushing Blow.

So if that all lines up Hulk can take out a full health unique minion/Nemesis and full health Villain in one turn.

That crazy good even without another player.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can use Hulk Smash and Crushing Blow together. Hulk Smash has to interrupt a basic attack, and only gives the bonus for that attack. Crushing Blow is not a basic attack, and if you play it after Hulk Smash, the attack bonus would have already left.

Posted (edited)

Next card:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BJM7Z3b_tao

She Hulk: Aggression Ally, Avenger, Gamma, 4 cost, 2 thw(2 dmg), 1* atk, 4 hp. *She-Hulk gets +1 atk for each damage token here. Physical Resource.

Not quite sure what think about this one, you have to not block with her to get the most out of her. Too expensive for Hulk but could work elsewhere. Honorary Avenger is interesting here.

Edited by Deadwolf

Posted (edited)

She Hulk with Honorary Avenger and team training can get her to a SIX attack! And that's not counting the plethora of stat increasing cards from leadership. Personally, she's a must have for my larger handed heroes. Can't wait for Hulk to be released!    

Edited by Venompuppy

2 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

His low hand size and lack of resource generation are his biggest draw backs. Hand size of 4 is rough, and doesn't appear to have the resource generation to make up for it like Thor has. Limitless Strength is good, but unless you also have a 3 cost card in hand, some of the value will be wasted. He has a resource generator support with an AE action that is pretty good, but he will probably not use it all that much. His signature cards, while strong are also on the expensive side tho you can make up for this with cheap aspect cards. We will have to see.

Could you please tell us what this AE card is?

7 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

Could you please tell us what this AE card is?

All of his signature cards were spoiled on reddit (They are in French but translations are in comments)

I'd rather not steal someone's thunder.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deadwolf said:

Next card:

She Hulk: Aggression Ally, Avenger, Gamma, 4 cost, 2 thw(2 dmg), 1* atk, 4 hp. *She-Hulk gets +1 atk for each damage token here. Physical Resource.

Not quite sure what think about this one, you have to not block with her to get the most out of her. Too expensive for Hulk but could work elsewhere. Honorary Avenger is interesting here.

Very nice!

ETA: Honorary Avenger isn't relevant with her since she already has the Avenger trait. But, otherwise you can get at least 2 THW and 7 DMG out of her (more if you have First Aid and can keep her alive) and that's pretty good.

Edited by maniakmedic

53 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

Very nice!

ETA: Honorary Avenger isn't relevant with her since she already has the Avenger trait. But, otherwise you can get at least 2 THW and 7 DMG out of her (more if you have First Aid and can keep her alive) and that's pretty good.

You would be playing Honorary Avenger for the +1 hit point, which can translate to a 5 damage hit.

1 hour ago, Deadwolf said:

All of his signature cards were spoiled on reddit (They are in French but translations are in comments)

I'd rather not steal someone's thunder.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

Next card:

She-Hulk with 3 honorary avenger = 28 attack for 8 resources. 

Thats substantially better than 3 swinging web kicks (24 attack for 12 resources). 

Edited by Schrodinger's Hat

6 hours ago, Schrodinger's Hat said:

She-Hulk with 3 honorary avenger = 28 attack for 8 resources. 

Thats substantially better than 3 swinging web kicks (24 attack for 12 resources). 

True, although it can only be done over 3 turns, and requires 4 specific cards instead of 3. 

Unlike a lot of combos that require 2 cards in hand together, what I like is once you play She-Hulk, you have a couple turns to draw into Honorary Avenger as you really only need it once she's on 3 hp. That makes it a lot more practical of a combo. 3 Honorary Avengers is less practical tho lol.