Tirion

*RUMOR* Anakin and Maul next

34 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Rumors coming out of France from the guys that leaked the last few things is that Anakin and Maul are the next releases for CW era. 

I wonder if this means that Maul will be a commander......

CW era - - - Maul supposedly died before the clone wars began. But he really didn't become a commander type figure until later ( he really didn't speak until after he had died)

I'm sure he's highly anticipated, but do the separatists really need another lightsaber wielder? Some variety would be good.

Unless they are announcing the Scum and Villainy faction with Maul being the first commander (that would make sense based on his control over the Criminal factions Pyke, Black Sun, Crimson Dawn) and would actually tie in to some of the media released recently (season 7 of CW that just ended) and Han Solo, Rebels, etc where he played a criminal 3rd party to the Jedi / Sith.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

CW era - - - Maul supposedly died before the clone wars began. But he really didn't become a commander type figure until later ( he really didn't speak until after he had died)

I'm sure he's highly anticipated, but do the separatists really need another lightsaber wielder? Some variety would be good.

Unless they are announcing the Scum and Villainy faction with Maul being the first commander (that would make sense based on his control over the Criminal factions Pyke, Black Sun, Crimson Dawn) and would actually tie in to some of the media released recently (season 7 of CW that just ended) and Han Solo, Rebels, etc where he played a criminal 3rd party to the Jedi / Sith.

not hearing anything about scum and villainy so yes CIS. 

I agree I was hoping he was going to be an operative for CIS. 

Edited by Tirion

45 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Rumors coming out of France from the guys that leaked the last few things is that Anakin and Maul are the next releases for CW era. 

I wonder if this means that Maul will be a commander......

They have previously done "mirrored" releases of a Commander for one faction and an Operative for the other (Han with Boba and Chewie with Palpatine) so being an Operative is far from out of the question.

6 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

They have previously done "mirrored" releases of a Commander for one faction and an Operative for the other (Han with Boba and Chewie with Palpatine) so being an Operative is far from out of the question.

Fair enough. 

Do you want Maul as Commander when you already have Dooku 205 and Grievous 175 and what do you think he would look like?

I"m sure his command cards would be very different (except for the obligatory extra attack that seems to be included with the last several figures)

Master of the Force 1

Parry or Deflect? Red Defense for sure 

double sided lightsaber RRBB surge to crit?

Charge maybe Spur?

Command 2

160pts

17 minutes ago, Tirion said:

not hearing anything about scum and villainy so yes CIS. 

I agree I was hoping he was going to be an operative for CIS. 

There may still be some things that come out. It's pretty early still, there may just be some figures/minis getting leaked/painted/photographed

I still have hope.

CIS and commander really don't make sense. 

I'd rather see Quigon Jinn for Republic I think though I guess Anakin had to come out sometime. (I'm afraid if they release characters too early sometimes they don't put as much thought into the rules/flavor and they're either overpowered and need errata or just bland and never get used.)

1 minute ago, buckero0 said:

I"m sure his command cards would be very different (except for the obligatory extra attack that seems to be included with the last several figures)

"Last several figures?" Extra attack(s) for the 1-pip has been the standard since the OG Core Set dropped. Bossk has 2 cards that give him extra attacks if you count his bomb (which you should).

12 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

"Last several figures?" Extra attack(s) for the 1-pip has been the standard since the OG Core Set dropped. Bossk has 2 cards that give him extra attacks if you count his bomb (which you should).

I guess I was thinking of Han never got one bc of Gunslinger, Chewie is dependent on who's in the army with him. Boba fett has Arsenal II and really only got extra weapons, not free attacks with those weapons, Krennic doesn't really have extra attacks. 

I was focusing more on the Dooku, Vader, Grievous, Standby tokens for Obiwan, Cassian and whatnot.  I dunno if its the standard, just what Luke got. Vader got an additional activation.

Still - - if Maul is CIS, can they make him a mid-level (point-wise) melee figure commander or will they release back to back operatives?

33 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

There may still be some things that come out. It's pretty early still, there may just be some figures/minis getting leaked/painted/photographed

I still have hope.

CIS and commander really don't make sense. 

I'd rather see Quigon Jinn for Republic I think though I guess Anakin had to come out sometime. (I'm afraid if they release characters too early sometimes they don't put as much thought into the rules/flavor and they're either overpowered and need errata or just bland and never get used.)

100% agree with this

What if they release a 

Scum and villaqyins - starter pack

With maul + 2 weequay pirates troops and a unit of speeder bikes/  jetpack death guards?

Second scum commander hondo or jabba.

Then gamorreans, rancor etc

2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I mean Maul is coming one way or another, however I agree CIS needs a commander that is not a lightsaber user.

Posted (edited)

I think Maul Operative would work best, then all we would need is a Darth Sidious to complete it!

As a mini, I really hope this will be a Phantom Menace version of Maul. What would be awesome is to have both options available in the pack, robot legs and normal. Actually I could see more than 4 different versions of Maul, but Im starting to hallucinate here....

Edited by miridor

If this is true Anakin is probably gonna be a commander and Maul a operative. Sometimes releases can have units be the same type or different, like Han was a commander and Boba a operative.

I do feel a bit crossed, having Anakin and Rex with all my 501st clones is really nice I also wouldn't mind a cheaper Jedi commander for Republic. Ahsoka does come to mind, would also fit right in.

Granted Anakin and Ahsoka have good chances to have a rerelease or two as different models/types, some being cheaper and others more expensive.

3 hours ago, jocke01 said:

I mean Maul is coming one way or another, however I agree CIS needs a commander that is not a lightsaber user.

They’ll get one eventually for sure. We’ll probably see one of those tactical droids as a generic commander, or maybe someone like Admiral Trench (though he was a naval admiral, not a field general). However, first they have to release all the cool iconic characters to draw people in and get them hooked on the faction.