Sign in to follow this  
player4026253

Scale of 40k terrain compared to legion minis

Posted (edited)

Exactly what the title says really, dose anyone known how legions models scale up to gw terrain kits. Usually these are an expensive option but i've had my eye on the kill team rouge trader boxed set for some time. The included doors look generic enough to fit with the star wars aesthetic so has anyone tried this?

Even better would be the measurments of the doors so i would know in advance what to expect.

Thanks.

Edited by player4026253
Spelling

6 hours ago, player4026253 said:

Even better would be the measurments of the doors so i would know in advance what to expect.

I used the doors on one of my pieces and I'll try to take a picture an post it later when I get home.

Some of the doors are way too small, the tallest one with an arch looks ok. The bases on the Legion figures throw things off actually (imagine if you stood on an 8-9in hoverboard and then went to all the places you go during the day)

Legion figures are (somewhat) more realistically proportioned - yes, that's subjective - compared to GW's "heroic scale" with exaggerated feet, hands, weapons, etc. That being said, I think the bases will be a bigger issue: Legion bases are noticeably thicker/taller, which makes a mini appear taller.

It's one of the biggest issues with terrain verisimilitude. If you make a doorway realistically to-scale to to an unbased mini, it will appear too small once that mini is attached to a base. Conversely, windows, doorways, ladders, etc. that are sized for already-based minis seem strangely-proportioned.

I was priced out of the 40K scene years ago, but if I remember correctly, a stormtrooper is pretty close in height to one of GW's new Primaris super-marines.

40 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I'll try to take a picture an post it later

That would be brilliant thanks.

I see what you mean about bases now I've come to actually consider it. As for hover boards maybe the rebels would value the service of this prep?John's Toy Soldiers: Mongoose Judge Dredd Miniatures

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, SFC Snuffy said:

I was priced out of the 40K scene years ago, but if I remember correctly, a stormtrooper is pretty close in height to one of GW's new Primaris super-marines.

Yeah that's about right. I'm not a huge fan of the new sculpts and live in fear of the day when GW retires the older range; short though they are. 

Edited by player4026253
Spelling

I wil echo what others have to say, the Legion miniatures are a bit larger, coming in at 1/47, a bit larger than, lets say 1/56 or there about. Personally I belive that you could get away with it anyway, some of the newer GW terrain is really good looking and could absolutely be somewhere in the Star Wars galaxy far far away :)