sweetsweetdoughnuts

Finished Clone Wars? Time for Veteran Instincts!

We've just released episode 8 of Veteran Instincts where Phil GC, Worlds cut-maker, talks us through flying 2 ship lists against a droid swarm. What are his win conditions? How does he want the engagement(s) to look? What should you be considering every time you set a dial with a Supernatural ace?

Link to the channel!

We've covered how to fly beef against aces (episode 2), how to fly aces against a swarm (episodes 7 & 8 ) and how to fly against aces (episodes 4 & 6). What would you like to see next?

Please subscribe the channel for regular new content and share the channel with any friends who, like us, are serious about getting better at X-Wing!

Episode 8

Episode 9 is live! This time we're looking at the art of Openings; how to get the engagement you want.

3 matches are shown this week, each one just for the first few turns while we assess rock placement, starting ship locations, dial and action choices and how it leads to the engagement you're after (or not).

Thanks to current World Champion Oli Pocknell, former Italian National Champion Dale Cromwell, and scrubs me, Paul and Ben for appearing this week and letting us dissect their games.

As always, you can subscribe to the channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChyTTrlSbjsoeRx4tL9r32Q

I am definitely loving this series.  Huge props and thank yous to all involved for taking the time to do this!  My only gripe would be that you guys play so much Imperial and Republic stuff - which is actually good, really.  It's what most of my locals and obviously what most of the Big Boys(tm) play, so I'm getting a good deal of insight as to their probable thought processes.  But still.  I would love to hear what you all can do with the off-meta jank out there.  Seek out strange new lists, explore new pilots and new combinations, boldly go where no meta has gone before!  And by all means, keep going!

On 5/13/2020 at 12:46 AM, Kleeg005 said:

I would love to hear what you all can do with the off-meta jank out there.

We're working on it; we have a Upsilon that isn't named Tavson on it this week. We're not quite at off-meta jank yet, but we'll keep trying 😏

The new episode should be up on Tuesday.

Posted (edited)

Episode 10 is live!

Last week we looked at openings in games and included a game between Former Italian National Champion Dale Cromwell and current World Champion Oli Pocknell.

Well, Dale was very much in the mood for a rematch, so we set up our virtual cameras and set the two heavyweights against each other again;

Oli Pocknell vs Dale Cromwell

We're working on getting some non-meta lists out to you next up!

Edited by sweetsweetdoughnuts
Tidied up link

We've gone intercontinental!

Episode 11 featured Australia's own Julian Hood, and we return to Australia again this week with National Champion Michael O'Connor bringing a 4 ship Imperial list that is starting to gain infamy and respect; Soontir, Fifth Brother, Duchess and Major Vermeil.

It was great getting to chat with Michael and to hear his insights as he faced-off against recurring Veteran Instincts opponent Dom Flannigan from Firestorm Squadron.

Episode 12 - Michael O'Connor vs Dom Flannigan