Sign in to follow this  
Suhawk75

Dim Carcosa pricing

Hi all, quick question about the last Mythos pack in the Carcosa cycle. Is it substantially bigger than the other five or should I expect the price to be roughly in line with the other packs? In the UK, the main online retailers have it in stock at nearly twice the price of the other packs! 
Guess I’ll have to wait for a proper restock?

My usual sites have Dim Carcosa up at the same price as the other mythos packs - but unfortunately are out of stock.

I've never actually got to play Dim Carcosa. I've played through the Path to Carcosa campaign three times and died (eliminated) during Black Stars Rise every time; the chapter just prior to Dim Carcosa. 

It's the only campaign that I've not reached the end. Not won, but reached the end.

Posted (edited)

Dim Carcosa is a stellar scenario! It should be the same price as all other Mythos packs though. I guess it all comes down to supply and demand. After all, who ever thought Hand sanitizer would be worth more per barrel than oil? 

Edited by Mimi61

As of today's date - zatugames has it in stock at £14.49 which isn't too far over the price of other UK on-line stockists. 

20 hours ago, Janaka said:

As of today's date - zatugames has it in stock at £14.49 which isn't too far over the price of other UK on-line stockists. 

It was Zatu that got me asking. It was £26.90 on there when I posted and is back to that price now! Shame I missed the £15 particular price point (I would have bought it at that price but £27 is a price I can wait out tbh). 

Posted (edited)

it's being price gouged because the Carcosa cycle is going out of stock and a reprint was almost certainly impacted by the pandemic.  All the cycle packs are the same price. The standalone packs are slightly more expensive.

On the plus side that means alot of new people are getting into Arkham Horror.

Edited by phillos

4 hours ago, Suhawk75 said:

It was Zatu that got me asking. It was £26.90 on there when I posted and is back to that price now! Shame I missed the £15 particular price point (I would have bought it at that price but £27 is a price I can wait out tbh). 

Yesterday it was £14.49. But you're right, I just double-checked and its twice that today. If this isn't an honest pricing mistake by the folk at Zatu then its an act of price gouging that I consider deplorable.