Kyle Ren

yet another forum dumpsterfire, move along

8 hours ago, reqent said:

I wish somebody would lock this thread or move it to off topic as its not really constructive anymore.

I reported it a long time ago before engaging, a couple times. I don’t know if there’s anyone at the wheel. 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:17 PM, Darth Meanie said:

a POS strand of malignant RNA

Despite all the negativity present, this may be my new favorite way to describe viruses. Thank you, I will contribute nothing more to this mess of a thread as my purpose is only to sithpost.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:57 AM, Stay OT Leader said:

Or just not be so selfish and die once you’ve led a decent life, which is what mankind has done for millennia and isn’t a drain on the future generations.

The idea that humans ever did this is a common myth, but elder care and using elders as baby-sitters long after their “usefulness” is how this species succeeded.

There was never a time when old people just died once they got old, lol.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, Stay OT Leader said:

Death is just a passing the torch.  It’s not something to run from, it’s something to embrace when the time is right.

My dad used to say stuff like this. He died young and never met my kids. Don’t spread this toxic take any more.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Not at all, I could lay it out cogently and coherently but I've found turkeys to be quite stubbornly opposed to Christmas in the past so I know it's not worth getting into.  Healthcare is created with entirely noble intentions and does a vast amount of good, but our inability to have precisely this sort of rational discussion about health/death is why it's also destroying western civilisations from the inside.

I work in public healthcare analysis. This is a take we hear often from people who have no idea how and why healthcare is given to people. Or why the costs are rising. Or what cuts actually do to society.

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

2 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

My dad used to say stuff like this. He died young and never met my kids. Don’t spread this toxic take any more.

How is that part "toxic"? I get that it stirs a negative response from you because of the experience you inferred, but unlike allot of their other posts the portion you quoted is actually a mature way of looking at life. Death is inevitable and should not be feared but rather embraced and accepted does not mean "just give up and die already"...

29 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

The idea that humans ever did this is a common myth, but elder care and using elders as baby-sitters long after their “usefulness” is how this species succeeded.

There was never a time when old people just died once they got old, lol.

This right here is absolutely correct. We as a society have lost all respect for our elders (unless what we're really respecting is their money), and it really shows. 

24 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

How is that part "toxic"? I get that it stirs a negative response from you because of the experience you inferred, but unlike allot of their other posts the portion you quoted is actually a mature way of looking at life. Death is inevitable and should not be feared but rather embraced and accepted does not mean "just give up and die already"...

saying you would like to die rather than be a burden is one thing. Inferring someone else's grandma and grandpa are a burden and deserve to die is another. 

Never mind the large number of people under the age of 60 who this virus has killed, or the other groups besides the elderly that this virus targets, who saying the quarantine should be abandoned is flipping the middle finger to. 

12 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Healthcare is created with entirely noble intentions and does a vast amount of good, but our inability to have precisely this sort of rational discussion about health/death is why it's also destroying western civilisations from the inside.

so which groups of people should healthcare provide for then? Who gets to chose which people are

On 5/7/2020 at 7:57 AM, Stay OT Leader said:

selfish

and 

a drain on the future generations.

further question for you, 

On 5/7/2020 at 3:57 PM, Do I need a Username said:

you are saying that taking care of people who cannot take care of themselves is, "misguided" so I do have to wonder what you think healthcare should be, and how you reconcile the belief that healthcare should exist with the belief that taking care of the less fortunate is "misguided".

I would love it if you actually answered the questions. In addition,  I find this turn of phrase interesting:

12 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

I've found turkeys to be quite stubbornly opposed to Christmas 

Are you saying I am a turkey? Do I deserve Christmas to occur? This is the opposite of the usual idiom, and seems more than vaguely threatening. I'd be interested in hearing you elaborate on the meaning of this

13 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Agreed - no matter what we do, we cannot escape death. It’s the final adventure/struggle/obstacle to go on or come to terms with. I’d rather go with peaceful acceptance of that fact rather than screaming in terror on my death bed because of what’s coming next (assuming of course, death comes for me there.... obviously if it’s trying to prevent an avoidable death I’m going down fighting against it).

In regards to the whole “just open up and let them die”, I see a middle ground option. Open things up, and look to insulate the most at risk from being exposed with targeted protections. To keep the entire world locked down until it passes will actually cause Just as much if not more death than being wide open - it just transfers the death to someone else. I’m not really trying to play the value game of whose life is worth more here, but my belief is that if the controls are much more specific in application we can achieve a better balance with net less death.

5 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Which is what I said.

From what I understand from your posts on the first page, you act responsible, independent of the other stuff you said.

As usual, you went a step (or two...) too far. I understand the purpose in the context of X-wing. I don't see the justification here. Would have been the perfect moment to drop the persona for a moment.

1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

From what I understand from your posts on the first page, you act responsible, independent of the other stuff you said.

As usual, you went a step (or two...) too far. I understand the purpose in the context of X-wing. I don't see the justification here. Would have been the perfect moment to drop the persona for a moment.

Persona was dropped a year ago, probably longer.  What Scummy Rebel just said is what I said two pages ago.

29 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Persona was dropped a year ago, probably longer.  What Scummy Rebel just said is what I said two pages ago.

The issue is you then went on the say that people asking to be cared for is selfish, and that caring for others is "misguided" before framing choosing which groups should live and die as a rational discussion, and not having it as leading to healthcare destroying western civilizations from the inside.

This leads to the questions:  What groups are we saving that are leading to the downfall of western civilization through their existence?  And how is this not Eugenics?

2 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

The issue is you then went on the say that people asking to be cared for is selfish, and that caring for others is "misguided" before framing choosing which groups should live and die as a rational discussion, and not having it as leading to healthcare destroying western civilizations from the inside.

This leads to the questions:  What groups are we saving that are leading to the downfall of western civilization through their existence?  And how is this not Eugenics?

That doesn’t really sound very much at all like anything I said or intended.  

Was there a 2-for-1 sale on at Straw Men R Us?

Or just not be so selfish and die once you’ve led a decent life, which is what mankind has done for millennia and isn’t a drain on the future generations.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, Stay OT Leader said:

I don’t think it’s a recent thing, but I do think it’s misguided.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:18 AM, Stay OT Leader said:

Not at all, I could lay it out cogently and coherently but I've found turkeys to be quite stubbornly opposed to Christmas in the past so I know it's not worth getting into.  Healthcare is created with entirely noble intentions and does a vast amount of good, but our inability to have precisely this sort of rational discussion about health/death is why it's also destroying western civilisations from the inside.

30 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

I guess correct, you didn't say groups - just that we should let people die, and our inability to let others die is leading to the downfall of western civilization from the inside.  The rest is quotations though, so I still have to wonder why you are advocating for preventable death, and describing people not wanting to die as "selfish"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stay OT Leader said:

for someone who never said any of the things everyone else is saying you said you're trying really hard to avoid actually answering my post or any of the other ones that ask you questions. 

Edited by Kyle Ren

9 minutes ago, Kyle Ren said:

for someone who never said any of the things everyone else is saying you said you're trying really hard to avoid actually answering my post or any of the other ones that ask you questions.

Correct.

9 minutes ago, Kyle Ren said:

so if you refuse to support your position, how are you expecting us to take your meaning other than 

looks bad dude

You can believe whatever you like, dude.  You set the straw man up wherever you like, I’m not going to waste energy fighting it.

Just now, Stay OT Leader said:

You can believe whatever you like, dude.  You set the straw man up wherever you like, I’m not going to waste energy fighting it.

it's... not a strawman, I'm just asking you to clarify what you mean by your own words. other people have told you what it sounds like when you refuse to do so, so I guess by doing what you're doing right now, you're agreeing with them that that is in fact what you meant. Got it.