Jump to content
Kyle Ren

yet another forum dumpsterfire, move along

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Or just not be so selfish and die once you’ve led a decent life, which is what mankind has done for millennia and isn’t a drain on the future generations.

Wow! Actually shut up! What a wretched thing to say? You're one of those guys that thinks people taking care of those who cannot take care of themselves is a recent thing aren't you? Well have I got news for you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gennataos said:

Is this the part where you disappear and come back under yet another username months from now, claiming that you were purposefully playing the role of the villain?  You've developed a fairly consistent pattern, might as well keep at it.  

Earlier this morning I was like, "****, didn't I block this guy before?" checked my ignore list, "Oh yeah, its that guy..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Not at all!

you are saying that taking care of people who cannot take care of themselves is, "misguided" so I do have to wonder what you think healthcare should be, and how you reconcile the belief that healthcare should exist with the belief that taking care of the less fortunate is "misguided".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

you are saying that taking care of people who cannot take care of themselves is, "misguided" so I do have to wonder what you think healthcare should be, and how you reconcile the belief that healthcare should exist with the belief that taking care of the less fortunate is "misguided".

Ok.  Why do you care what I believe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Kyle Ren said:

asking someone to explain a controversial stance doesn't seem out of line to me. I for one would be interested in hearing your answer.

Well, I'm not going to answer for him, but I'm going to answer for me.

As a veterinarian who performs, and therefore believes in, euthanasia, there is something to be said for leaving this world when it is your time. 

Letting a POS strand of malignant RNA decide for you IS NOT IT.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm going to weigh in. I'm in a relationship with someone who is twice my age. I'm in my late 20s, he's in his middle 50s.

He currently is awaiting a replacement liver due to years of alcohol abuse, and is now 4 years 100% alcohol free (proud of him). He lives with my parents and I, my parents are in their 60s, both have underlying health issues.

I am the only one in the family that could be considered not at high risk, although I am a bit on the heavier side so I am not 100% safe either.

If I go out and bring the virus back it could kill any one of them. Particularly if my other half ends up getting his new liver because it means shutting down the immune system.

So yeah...I think really the only appropriate response given the recent turn of the discussion, @Stay OT Leader is...f*** you?

---

I am not going to lie, X-Wing has been on the forefront of my mind recently. It was pretty much the only thing I did socially. I am not big on social interaction and don't go out much. If I am not at work, or at home, I am at my FLGS gaming and that is predominantly X-Wing, playing with people like @Jarval

My fear in waiting or a vaccine is that it could take years and by the time its hear, X-Wing itself may be gone, the community at the store may be gone, or both. Effectively time doesn't stop for me, and nor should it...but it is a concern.

I don't often go to tournaments, sure I go to the system open every year, and I attend the local tournaments but they are small. Sometimes I go to Alpha games, but that's a rarity.

For me, I'd like to find a balance between being safe and still being able to indulge in the occasional game of X-Wing. Although I also admit that may not be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 12:46 PM, Stay OT Leader said:

I don’t think it’s a recent thing, but I do think it’s misguided.

 

23 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Death is just a passing the torch.  It’s not something to run from, it’s something to embrace when the time is right.

Imagine being like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KCDodger said:

 

Imagine being like this.

no sense in engaging further, he's just gonna run away and come back in a month or so with another account. We know what we saw here though, and I kinda wish I could un-see it honestly. 

this poll has made me lose faith in this community I didn't even know I had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyle Ren said:

this poll has made me lose faith in this community I didn't even know I had. 

Don't dwell on it I've found forums bring out the extremes in people and are not reflective of any community let alone x-wing.  I wish somebody would lock this thread or move it to off topic as its not really constructive anymore.  I try to find things to be positive about like the next wave or that I've only left my apartment once in the last 9 nine days besides walks and I wear a mask now.  Just do your part and try to be optimistic and hopefully we will get past this sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kyle Ren said:

no sense in engaging further, he's just gonna run away and come back in a month or so with another account. We know what we saw here though, and I kinda wish I could un-see it honestly. 

this poll has made me lose faith in this community I didn't even know I had. 

Not at all, I could lay it out cogently and coherently but I've found turkeys to be quite stubbornly opposed to Christmas in the past so I know it's not worth getting into.  Healthcare is created with entirely noble intentions and does a vast amount of good, but our inability to have precisely this sort of rational discussion about health/death is why it's also destroying western civilisations from the inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kyle Ren said:

this poll has made me lose faith in this community I didn't even know I had. 

So, what you’re saying is people who don’t want to live in overreactive fear are bad to you. Because to my knowledge, only one individual has been making the comments that got everyone riled up about death and life.

 

6 hours ago, reqent said:

I try to find things to be positive about like the next wave or that I've only left my apartment once in the last 9 nine days besides walks and I wear a mask now.  Just do your part and try to be optimistic and hopefully we will get past this sooner than later. 

Neither of those actually sound like very positive things.... I mean the next wave would be except for it’s impossibly far away on a constantly sliding scale (2-5 years away based on some of the “when should we open” comments in the forum).

There is nothing to be optimistic about.

There is only trying to pick up the pieces of your life and regrouping.

I’ve made peace with the virus...now the question is can I make peace with the fact my state government has elected to keep everyone locked up but themselves well beyond what they promised when they initiated the lock down (defined as the goal of a lock down, not defined by dates. We met our goal, and now he’s running away with his lockdown).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Not at all, I could lay it out cogently and coherently but I've found turkeys to be quite stubbornly opposed to Christmas in the past so I know it's not worth getting into.  Healthcare is created with entirely noble intentions and does a vast amount of good, but our inability to have precisely this sort of rational discussion about health/death is why it's also destroying western civilisations from the inside.

You think HEALTHCARE is destoying Western civilization!?!? LMAO!

I read so much nonsense that it takes something exceptional draw my eye, but you did it. Did you level up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...