Kyle Ren

yet another forum dumpsterfire, move along

Guess since i count as one of those 'gun-toating flag waving half wits, i'll be put on your ignore list soon..  I SWORE an oath to uphold our constitution.  AGAINST all enemies.  Foreign and DOMESTIC, which to me, is what many of these governors/mayors are counting as, when they flat out seize control like they've done (such as that mayor in New mexico, who's used the RIOT act to install a curfue/lock her town down from the outside world effectively).  OR those who are telling folks "SORRY but your right to protest, or your right to worship has now been nulified"....

31 minutes ago, LTuser said:

Guess since i count as one of those 'gun-toating flag waving half wits, i'll be put on your ignore list soon..  I SWORE an oath to uphold our constitution.  AGAINST all enemies.  Foreign and DOMESTIC, which to me, is what many of these governors/mayors are counting as, when they flat out seize control like they've done (such as that mayor in New mexico, who's used the RIOT act to install a curfue/lock her town down from the outside world effectively).  OR those who are telling folks "SORRY but your right to protest, or your right to worship has now been nulified"....

Huh, weird. Worshipping Odin daily and toting a gun as a leftist. You know what constitutes an enemy, foreign or domestic? Somebody who decides it's hip, cool and smart to protest curfews and lockups meant to protect everybody.

The best part is you can't even blame it on a president of your opposing party.

7 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Like one so deadly there really aren't choices??

Intervention is why this isn't killing 2-3% of the world.  Ergo, 200 million people.

That not deadly enough for you??

Quite frankly, no. As someone who finds the planet horridly overpopulated I'd be fine with 10-20x that. It'd be nice to have a societal change similar to Europe post plague.

5 hours ago, LTuser said:

You can worship at home.  No one is preventing your from practicing your religion.

You can also protest all you want.  You just can't do it in a large group, temporarily.

When people start disappearing in the middle of the night never to be seen again, you can call it tyranny.  If we are still under lockdown when the virus is gone, you can call it tyranny.

Because folks keep using that word.  I don't think it means what they think it means.

2 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

TBF a lot of the guys in this thread are American, and your country is heading towards an armed revolution over Covid so it's not really typical of the experience the rest of the world is having.

It is kinda funny how most Americans can't handle anyone telling them what to do, unless it's the Constitution or the Bible, in which case it is inviolate and subject to a single interpretation.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

TBF a lot of the guys in this thread are American, and your country is heading towards an armed revolution over Covid so it's not really typical of the experience the rest of the world is having.

TBF we were already heading towards that armed revolution. Covid was just more gasoline on the already burning fire.

Edited by ScummyRebel

5 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

It is kinda funny how most Americans can't handle anyone telling them what to do, unless it's the Constitution or the Bible, in which case it is inviolate and subject to a single interpretation.

Unless it's the Constitution telling us to run a Post Office...

All those folks who supposedly idolize the Constitution, claiming to adhere to the intent of the Founders, cannot wait to abolish the USPS, and give it away to private companies.  They'll never miss an opportunity to loot the public trust.

9 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Exactly.  I've lost track of the # of folks, from other nations, telling us americans "Suck it up snow-flake, you don't have rights, you just have what your govt decides to give you", when they do not have anywhere NEAR the same rights as our constitution upholds as inviolate.

4 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

TBF we were already heading towards that armed revolution. Covid was just more gasoline on the already burning fire.

I've been hearing folk say that for a good 10 years now..  STILL have yet to see it spark off.

Posted (edited)

What's a "believer" supposed to do? 

“Basically, every death certificate that comes across our desk now has COVID on it,” said a funeral director in Williston Park, N.Y., on a recorded phone call with Project Veritas in a newly-released video. James O’Keefe has been asking for people inside the medical system to blow the whistle if they see corruption or inconsistencies in reports about the Chinese WuFlu known as COVID-19. In conversations with several funeral directors across New York City, O’Keefe uncovered a shocking narrative where, without fail, every director he spoke to expressed his or her concern that coronavirus deaths are being inflated and every death in NYC is being recorded as a COVID death with or without testing to confirm.

“They are putting COVID on a lot of death certificates because people who are going to their hospital with any kind of respiratory distress, respiratory problems, pneumonia, the flu — the flu-like symptoms lead into the COVID-19,” said Joseph Antioco of Schafer Funeral Home. “To me, all you’re doing is padding the statistics. You’re putting people on that have COVID-19 even if they didn’t have it. You’re making the death rate for New York City a lot higher than it should be.”

One funeral director talked about a family who is related to an unnamed Supreme Court Justice who insisted on a private autopsy that discovered their relative did not have COVID-19. “I had one that was autopsied because the sister was famous, and apparently, and I don’t know who the Supreme Court Justice is, but the Supreme Court Justice was related to this family, and she says I know my sister didn’t die of COVID-19,” said Josephine Dimiceli of Dimiceli & Sons Funeral Home. “She said she had Alzheimer’s and they didn’t suction her. You have to suction because they forget how to swallow. And right away they put down COVID-19 on her death certificate, and the Supreme Court justice, whoever it is, contacted the hospital. They did an independent autopsy; bingo. No COVID-19.”

Dimiceli had other shocking tales to share. One nursing home assumed all its patients were positive without testing. “The guy that I just buried a little while ago from Long Island National Cemetery, they called me from the nursing home. They said, ‘Did Raymond have COVID-19?’ She said, ‘Well, no. It was a failure to thrive. But we’re assuming they all have it.’ And I’m all, ‘Why would you assume? Why aren’t they all in the hospital?’ She had no answer. ‘I can’t answer you,’ she said. They put it down on Raymond’s death certificate,” said Dimiceli. “He didn’t have COVID-19.”

There are several more funeral directors with similar stories.

Edited by player4851928
formatting for clarity

1 hour ago, LTuser said:

I've been hearing folk say that for a good 10 years now..  STILL have yet to see it spark off.

It took more than 10 years for it to kick off the first time and the second time. It wouldn’t surprise me to see it take a while like a slow low burn building up.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

/shrug. Silver lining: XWTMG is a game that is enjoyable by people of very diverse backgrounds and ideologies, even if said ideologies interact like pure sodium and water when mixed...

Mixing people of diverse ideologies when playing a game can be a great way to gain mutual respect and as a result add some nuance to previously held opinions.

In this case, there is simply no reasonable doubt about still linearly growing cases in e.g. USA and UK, or for example the excess mortality in Europe (people that die more than usually the case). There can be plenty of opinion about government responses, or some more advanced arguments about the relation between tests and daily growth. But it is incredibly irresponsible to literally risk lives because in-person playing with plastic ship is a bit more fun than doing so on a computer. And it is much worse to peddle some conspiracy **** on a game forum. In short, this case is a perfect example where to draw a line. There should be no place for this ****.

Edited by GreenDragoon
not UK anymore, as SOTL pointed out

26 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

There should be no place for this ****.

I disagree, merely because ideologies that are suppressed and not allowed to reveal the inherent idiocy or malic backing them have a very disturbing habit of festering and growing in the shadows till they've gain enough support to completely destroy what has been resisting or ignoring them.

36 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

In this case, there is simply no reasonable doubt about still linearly growing cases in e.g. USA and UK, or for example the excess mortality in Europe (people that die more than usually the case). 

We are way over the peak in the UK.  If official cases are still rising it’s because testing has dramatically increased.  Our deaths are stable and even dropping which means our cases peak was about 3 weeks ago.

US is going to destroy itself, though.  What’s happening there is like a slow-mo car crash about to happen.

11 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

We are way over the peak in the UK.  If official cases are still rising it’s because testing has dramatically increased.  Our deaths are stable and even dropping which means our cases peak was about 3 weeks ago.

US is going to destroy itself, though.  What’s happening there is like a slow-mo car crash about to happen.

Yes, you're completely right. On both points.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LTuser said:

Exactly.  I've lost track of the # of folks, from other nations, telling us americans "Suck it up snow-flake, you don't have rights, you just have what your govt decides to give you", when they do not have anywhere NEAR the same rights as our constitution upholds as inviolate.

You know what every American needs right now?

Healthcare.

Guess what all those other first world countries provide their citizens.

We get guns.  Yay!!

For some reason this country is built on the idea that 30% of our income is sent to the federal government as some sort of modern-day Danegeld so they leave us alone.

The US Government ain't going away.  Hence, Americans need to demand and receive modern social amenities.  Healthcare.  Maternity leave.  Mandated vacation time.  And those are just the basics to catch the USA up to most of the rest of the first world.   NOT the right to someday wage a private war against the Deep State, plus a federal military large enough to crush any and all of the 2Aers who "need" guns to "prevent tyranny."

Well, there was that time that armed brigands patriots took over a strategically significant bird sanctuary.  While everyone brought lots of guns and ammo, no one remembered to stockpile enough French vanilla creamer for a sustained siege.

Edited by Darth Meanie

13 hours ago, Nyxen said:

Quite frankly, no. As someone who finds the planet horridly overpopulated I'd be fine with 10-20x that. It'd be nice to have a societal change similar to Europe post plague.

That's repulsive.

13 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

You are exactly right.

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Holy **** this thread

What is wrong with you people?!

Threads like this really do expose who's awful and who's not don't it?

1 hour ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Bingo.

Mixing people of diverse ideologies when playing a game can be a great way to gain mutual respect and as a result add some nuance to previously held opinions.

In this case, there is simply no reasonable doubt about still linearly growing cases in e.g. USA and UK, or for example the excess mortality in Europe (people that die more than usually the case). There can be plenty of opinion about government responses, or some more advanced arguments about the relation between tests and daily growth. But it is incredibly irresponsible to literally risk lives because in-person playing with plastic ship is a bit more fun than doing so on a computer. And it is much worse to peddle some conspiracy **** on a game forum. In short, this case is a perfect example where to draw a line. There should be no place for this ****.

Keep preaching brother. Seriously do not stop. There are some perverse, ignorant mindsets in here that need to be quelled. The amount of care for one's fellow man in this thread is incredibly disgusting.

9 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

You know what every American needs right now?

Healthcare.

Guess what all those other first world countries provide their citizens.

We get guns.  Yay!!

For some reason this country is built on the idea that 30% of our income is sent to the federal government as some sort of modern-day Danegeld so they leave us alone.

The US Government ain't going away.  Hence, Americans need to demand and receive modern social amenities, not the right to someday wage a private war against the Deep State plus a federal military large enough to crush any and all of the 2Aers who "need" guns to "prevent tyranny."

Well, there was that time that armed brigands patriots took over a strategically significant bird sanctuary.  While everyone brought lots of guns and ammo, no one remembeedr to stockpile enough French vanilla creamer for a sustained siege.

Absolutely right on healthcare, sir. Absolutely right.

7 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

any and all of the 2Aers who "need" guns to "prevent tyranny."

You would think they have a problem with Donald "Take 'em First Due Process Second" Trump. I mean Donald "total authority" Trump.

But even the tragic story of that lunatic is not as cristal clear as covid19.

You would think they have a problem with Donald "Take 'em First Due Process Second" Trump. I mean Donald "total authority" Trump.

But even the tragic story of that lunatic is not as cristal clear as covid19.

You'd probably be surprised how many 2nd Amendment supporters despise him...

I've decided not to fil in the survey. Ultimately, I'm sat in a country where all unnecessary gatherings and events have been cancelled, so even if my FLGS were to suddenly fling open their doors and say events are back on, I wouldn't attend until such time as the lockdown is ended. Any answers I gave would have to reflect that.

It sucks, as during April I had booked places at three consecutive Store Championships (I really, really wanted that damage deck) which were all less than an hour's travel from home. I've no idea if/when they'll run again especially as we're likely to see social distancing rules in place for quite a while yet, and some of the venues are quite tight for space. Hopefully, the clinical trials for potential treatments are successful, as I see that as the only way we can really start to go back to 'normal' again.

I did not complete the survey either.  I felt some of my responses would be misconstrued.  I play x wing in person because my roommate and I play x wing.   I do not leave my apartment to play.   

My state has some of the most stringent stay at home requirements in the US so when we open I will go and play right away.  I do not know if I will travel.  If there's a vaccine or the risk is minimal I will probably continue going to system opens but I am not going to push it.