Howdy all.  I’m picking up the core box for me and my kids today and we’re not into deck construction as much.  Do the heroes come preset with their own decks at first or will I need to adjust them to suit us?  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Two decks will come built (Ms. Captain Marvel Aggression and Spiderman Justice). But the back of the Learn to Play has decklists for the other heroes. Keep in mind that if you want to put together another character with one of the aspects already in use, you'll have to take that pre-built deck apart or you won't have enough cards to build a deck.

Also, the pre-built decks play fine, especially for beginners, but after you've played for a while you'll probably start to see where you can trade cards out to make the deck better. Especially if you like it enough to start picking up the expansions hero packs.

Edited by maniakmedic

57 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

Two decks will come built (Ms. Marvel Aggression and Spiderman Justice). But the back of the Learn to Play has decklists for the other heroes. Keep in mind that if you want to put together another character with one of the aspects already in use, you'll have to take that pre-built deck apart or you won't have enough cards to build a deck.

Also, the pre-built decks play fine, especially for beginners, but after you've played for a while you'll probably start to see where you can trade cards out to make the deck better. Especially if you like it enough to start picking up the expansions hero packs.

*Captain Marvel

The learn to play also contains a suggested deck list for all of the heroes. She Hulk and Iron Man use the same aspect so can’t be built at once. 

I got plenty of play from just swapping around the suggested aspects with different heroes, so you can certainly start there without any true deck building.

Here's a website that I use: marvelcdb.com. You can use it as a deckbuilder and save the decks you create once you make a profile. Super handy (no pun intended) for keeping track of decks you like and for experimenting. It's also a place where other players can post their decks. The best posts will have a description on how to best play the deck as well. It's a great jumping off point if you just want to pick a character and an aspect then give them a whirl before trying your hand at building.  Hope this helps!