Sign in to follow this  
Mimi61

Remember today Innsmouth finally gets Released

Posted (edited)

Just a friendly reminder that today is the day we get the official release of The Innsmouth Conspiracy and word on the print and play product coming out in May. Excited to hear your thoughts in a few hours!  
(I know this may come as a shock, but I’m really ready for these dark days to be over and hear the sweet, sweet refrain of “Shipping Now”...)

Edited by Mimi61

Very exciting.

I wonder: spoilers for anyone who hasn't read "Shadow over Innsmouth" but the story's over eighty years old so that's on you -

at the end, we learn that the narrator is definitely a fish person and will eventually succumb to the doom of his people.

How do we think Matthew and Jeremy are going to work that into the narrative of this campaign? I'm sure it'll be in there, but I'm hoping for something more substantial than the "possessed" footnote at the end of Carcosa.

Thoughts?

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, SGPrometheus said:

Very exciting.

I wonder: spoilers for anyone who hasn't read "Shadow over Innsmouth" but the story's over eighty years old so that's on you -

Hide contents

at the end, we learn that the narrator is definitely a fish person and will eventually succumb to the doom of his people.

How do we think Matthew and Jeremy are going to work that into the narrative of this campaign? I'm sure it'll be in there, but I'm hoping for something more substantial than the "possessed" footnote at the end of Carcosa.

Thoughts?

An idea I had is that you might learn of your hidden fishperson heritage early on in the story.  Then it might either allow you to choose the fish path and play for evil or you're in a race against time to avoid that fate.  Maybe the fish tokens are another sort of Doom, marking your progress toward fishiness during a scenario.

Edited by CSerpent

Posted (edited)

SISTER MARY!! Soooo excited. Straight Guardian/Mystic. 

Amanda Sharpe! 2222 Very interesting ability! A little like the hunch deck from Joe. 

I called it with Trish!! She makes so much sense to be in this release. She absolutely has to be Rogue/Seeker.

Dexter Drake. I am a little surprised he’s in this expansion, since they don’t usually release a Novella investigator and the expansion they come in back to back. Do you think he will have alternate cards? 

Are we all assuming Silas is being released in Innsmouth? Or was that a big oversight? Or was it so obvious, they didn’t need to confirm it.
OK. Never mind, he was confirmed in the article. I never thought of him as a hunk, but his mini is a lot different than the Novella! 

Is think this a 6 investigator expansion, so there may be one we still don’t know.

Cursed and Blessed! Flood and keys! I like the way those will mix things up. 

Predestined has spectacular art! 

May 5. A little Cinco de Mayo party people!! 

Edited by Mimi61

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, CSerpent said:

Silas is shown but not discussed in the release article.  His weakness is visible but the text is covered.  His marker is also there.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/4/30/the-innsmouth-conspiracy/

No, but that is definitely a mini of him. So I assume, it was so obvious, that they didn’t have to say anything. Or it could be that they have changed more than his card art and didn’t want to draw attention to it. Maybe he will be the first investigator that has two different investigator cards. 

Edited by Mimi61

Am I missing something?  OP says this was released last week, but I don't see it for sale anywhere.  I don't even see a date mentioned in the announcement article from FFG.

58 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Am I missing something?  OP says this was released last week, but I don't see it for sale anywhere.  I don't even see a date mentioned in the announcement article from FFG.

The OP should have used the term "officially announced".  It isn't going to get released until Nov or Dec (if we are lucky).

6 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

I've seen the announcement and I still was confused.
"today Innsmouth finally gets Released" "That was fast fast" I thought.

I meant formally announced, FFG releasing the details about it. Sorry for the confusion.