Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tirion

Nerdy (even for here) Rant

Recommended Posts

I am baffled how no one at LFL realizes that Toydaria is NOWHERE near Ryloth..... You can't move Toydaria as it has been established as being in Hutt Space. But as far as I know there is nothing stopping you from moving Ryloth from its nonsensical location in the "official" maps. 

Why does this matter, CW episode "Supply Lines" says they are close to each other. 

 

Pablo Hildalgo I have one question for you that grows with each passing day....

 

6cfe78547e98f07be44d490d5fb5d048c296d8b9

 

 

Rant over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smickletz said:

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/gQdejV5BBChHi" width="480" height="347" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/80s-ducktales-scrooge-mcduck-gQdejV5BBChHi">via GIPHY</a></p>

 

take 2?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Atromix said:

Think I found my new favourite website...

I know!!! I absolutely died when I found it. I use it almost every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Everything is at most like 4 hours by hyperspace now... Thanks to the ST.

I chalk it up to the advances in hyperspace tech after 30 years. Like how ships can apprently jump in and out of hyperspace in atmosphere (or even inside of other ships!) now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I chalk it up to the advances in hyperspace tech after 30 years. Like how ships can apprently jump in and out of hyperspace in atmosphere (or even inside of other ships!) now.

Except they do that in Rogue One as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I chalk it up to the advances in hyperspace tech after 30 years. Like how ships can apprently jump in and out of hyperspace in atmosphere (or even inside of other ships!) now.

 

1 hour ago, Lochlan said:

Except they do that in Rogue One as well. 

Yeah. It's unrealistic. They would have disintegrated in atmosphere. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they are just a bunch of cheesy movies and cartoons. Lower expectations.

Also, Ryloth and Toydaria both have 'y' in the middle of their names, so of course they are close to each other and isn't Toydaria the name of a species not a planet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have similar complaints. I have heard that Pablo hidalgo and the story group have control of making sure cannon lines up but at this point I feel like they really only have control over the written novels and LFL just lets the movies and cartoons do whatever they want while Pablo is left in thr background trying to make the whole mess fit together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jhh3 said:

Yeah. It's unrealistic. They would have disintegrated in atmosphere. Lol

I mean, maybe. The problem is there is no consistency to how it operates. Sometimes you can smash a capital ship to pieces, sometimes you can teleport through solid objects.

So I'd say, no, they'd have been fine. Because lightspeed/hyperspace clearly just works exactly as you need it to overcome any situation.

That's the beauty of having no internal consistency. You're not bound by rules if you just re-write the rules as often as you need to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mep said:

Yeah, they are just a bunch of cheesy movies and cartoons. Lower expectations.

Also, Ryloth and Toydaria both have 'y' in the middle of their names, so of course they are close to each other and isn't Toydaria the name of a species not a planet?

No it's a planet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lunitic501 said:

I have similar complaints. I have heard that Pablo hidalgo and the story group have control of making sure cannon lines up but at this point I feel like they really only have control over the written novels and LFL just lets the movies and cartoons do whatever they want while Pablo is left in thr background trying to make the whole mess fit together.

He would have been in charge of the map. The map is my issue not the episode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These things happened A long time ago and errors have been inserted into the retelling. Or perhaps even willfully changed to suit the needs of holodramas. The movies are not accurate records of the events they depict. They're in-universe historical fiction.

The best written and archeological evidence is from the Galactic Civil War. Events prior to that are reasonably well recorded but significant issues exist with the source material. Most events after the Galactic Civil War are known only from legends which are probably outright fabrications.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tirion said:

He would have been in charge of the map. The map is my issue not the episode

True which reminds me he was also in charge of the map in thr last jedi visual dictionary and he put canto bight all the way on the other side of the galaxy from where the rest of the movie takes place. Which really ruins my suspension of disbelief when Finn and Rose are supposed to get there and back in just a couple of hours. I'm starting to think that he's just really bad with maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lunitic501 said:

I have similar complaints. I have heard that Pablo hidalgo and the story group have control of making sure cannon lines up but at this point I feel like they really only have control over the written novels and LFL just lets the movies and cartoons do whatever they want while Pablo is left in thr background trying to make the whole mess fit together.

Show runners and directors want control of their own story. Someone like JJ Abrams is not taking notes from Pablo Hidalgo. They really need a Kevin Feige like person in charge that carries the respect to control the process rather than letting chaos control the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mep said:

Show runners and directors want control of their own story. Someone like JJ Abrams is not taking notes from Pablo Hidalgo. They really need a Kevin Feige like person in charge that carries the respect to control the process rather than letting chaos control the outcome.

This 100% this totally agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mep said:

Show runners and directors want control of their own story.

And people in Heck want ice water. 

45 minutes ago, Mep said:

Someone like JJ Abrams is not taking notes

Then fire him. This deplorable cult of hero worship has got to stop running our businesses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars is not hard sci-fi. It follows the "rule of cool"

So Im not really bothered by fast travel all that much. I get more bothered by stuff like Kylo Ren flying a TIE/ln Fighter, which is not hyperspace capable in decades of canon and legends material, from a moon of Endor to Exegol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...