Sign in to follow this  
shark1j

Anyone play in the DC, VA, MD area?

Just now, Bertie Wooster said:

Yeah a lot of people play there. I was just at a huge tournament at Battlegrounds in January in Midlothian, VA. If you use Facebook, check out NOVA Fleet.

I have also herd that is a good group. I need to join them.

Huzzah Hobbies, Play More Games, and Third Eye Comics over near Annapolis all held events at varying regularity prior to the pandemic. There is an excellent base of players here, including some very very skilled ones. Welcome to the area, and I'll try to be sure all of our future events make it on here @shark1j

Posted (edited)

As has been said, the NOVA Fleet Facebook page is the best, and really only, place for reliable info. I know. It sucks to rely on Facebook. As has been said, you can try to look at individual store pages, such as Huzzah, Play More, and Bel Air Games. However, the page has become such a great hub that you'll see one off events get posted very frequently, such the Primes down in Richmond, or the CAPA Cup up in Central PA. There's even a Boy Scout Fundraiser tournament that pops up every so often. It really is the most convenient place to find events and people to play with.

Edited by Truthiness

NOVA Fleet is the best place to find games and talk Armada in the DC, Baltimore, and Richmond area.  We also just started a Discord group to help reach out to people on other platforms.  

Aside from that, the DC area is home to the NOVA Open gaming convention, which includes the Armada Grand Championship.  That will be in September, so hopefully we can still have it.  Lots of local players in that one, including some of the top players in the game.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:06 AM, Armadness said:

NOVA Fleet is the best place to find games and talk Armada in the DC, Baltimore, and Richmond area.  We also just started a Discord group to help reach out to people on other platforms.  

Aside from that, the DC area is home to the NOVA Open gaming convention, which includes the Armada Grand Championship.  That will be in September, so hopefully we can still have it.  Lots of local players in that one, including some of the top players in the game.

You did? First I'm heard of it. Can you post a link to it on the FB page or just PM me?

6 hours ago, shark1j said:

Im patiently waiting for my models. I just pulled the trigger on the SSD and the basic armada set. Im excited to say the least....

Congrats!! :)

If you are further north, I was starting to try and get a regular group going to Gamers Corps in Ellicott City MD before the shutdown. Ill be back after it ends. They were looking into doing more armada related stuff going forward because they think its a cool game. 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:41 AM, JKShulenburg said:

If you are further north, I was starting to try and get a regular group going to Gamers Corps in Ellicott City MD before the shutdown. Ill be back after it ends. They were looking into doing more armada related stuff going forward because they think its a cool game. 

I am literally right next to Ellicott City.

On 5/10/2020 at 3:30 PM, shark1j said:

I am literally right next to Ellicott City.

There you go. I have a friend group that meets in randallstown every other week (when we arent under covid lockdown) Gamers Corps on main street EC used to have a sizable armada core a year ago (they said 8-12 regulars) when they opened but apparently a lot of the group went back to college and didnt come back, another was in the military and shifted bases. Like I said, I was starting to work with the store owner to try and build it back up when covid hit. So, when this all lifts, their advertised night is tuesdays and I usually try and be there.  Tim is excellent and they want to get the game going there

On 5/14/2020 at 12:47 PM, JKShulenburg said:

There you go. I have a friend group that meets in randallstown every other week (when we arent under covid lockdown) Gamers Corps on main street EC used to have a sizable armada core a year ago (they said 8-12 regulars) when they opened but apparently a lot of the group went back to college and didnt come back, another was in the military and shifted bases. Like I said, I was starting to work with the store owner to try and build it back up when covid hit. So, when this all lifts, their advertised night is tuesdays and I usually try and be there.  Tim is excellent and they want to get the game going there

Ok great. I am here and am interested lol

Any groups near the pan-handle - specifically the Frederick-Hagerstown-Gettysburg region?

Not that there will be much gameplay anyhow, not until they roll out a vaccine. Will be curious to see what happens and how that affects the community.