Phaed

Jenny + Who? Solo 2-handed

I have only played Arkham twice before, and both times were senerio 1 in the core set. I like the game and considering Covid-19 and social distancing, I decided to try to play a solo game 2-handed. I have 2 copies of the core set, Dunwich Legacy, and the first 2 Dunwich mythos packs (mystakonic museum, and essex county express). I want to create 2 decks that I can use to play through the complete core set, and continue into the Dunwich block. I am immediately attracted to Jenny for whatever reason, so I would like to include her and pair her with someone else. I am torn between Zoey and Rex. I feel like Rex is the best choice because I can easily shore up Jenny's combat, but I know Zoey is better at combat, and am seeking opinion.  If I am completely wrong on all fronts? let me know.

First let me just get this out of the way:   Doing the core campaign and continuing on to the dunwich block is not recommended.   It would be more in line with how the game is designed to be played to do the core campaign, and then begin a new campaign for dunwich (you could do the same characters, but start them again at 0xp and no trauma).    

To answer your question though,  that really depends on how you want to build Jenny.   If you want to build Jenny for a combat role,  then Rex is the better choice.   If you want to build Jenny for a more investigative/evasion role, then Zoey is the better choice.   If you build her as a generalist, then you probably want another generalist, maybe Agnes or Jim or Pete.  

Incidentally, I am a huge Jenny Barnes fan myself,  and have built her many different ways.  She's good fun. 

20 minutes ago, awp832 said:

First let me just get this out of the way:   Doing the core campaign and continuing on to the dunwich block is not recommended.   It would be more in line with how the game is designed to be played to do the core campaign, and then begin a new campaign for dunwich (you could do the same characters, but start them again at 0xp and no trauma).    

To answer your question though,  that really depends on how you want to build Jenny.   If you want to build Jenny for a combat role,  then Rex is the better choice.   If you want to build Jenny for a more investigative/evasion role, then Zoey is the better choice.   If you build her as a generalist, then you probably want another generalist, maybe Agnes or Jim or Pete.  

Incidentally, I am a huge Jenny Barnes fan myself,  and have built her many different ways.  She's good fun. 

Thanks! I actually built Jenny up as more combat focused because I like Rex too. So this is what I’m going with. Also, that is what I meant with continuing to Dunwich: same characters, reset campaign/ experience

I think Jenny is a good team mate for Pete and his dog. I have 2 decks made that I play solo with but my guess is that they both work together pretty well as "generalists".