Jump to content
Pretty Green

Official squad builder application?

Recommended Posts

Has there been any news about the new app, as the old one does not have updated point values?

I am fine using YASB 2.0, but it is not really the best when using mobile phone. Also, I cannot save my premade squadrons, so it would be nice to have the official app some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chrisrivers said:

I like the one here:

https://swz-dmb.blogspot.com/

I hadn't seen Squads Designer before, thanks for the tip! There are some cool features on Squads Designer like the ability to automate auto-include upgrades (such as X-wing config) and various ways to sort squads other than alphabetical. My first impression is that it looks cluttered, but I see the value of every included button.

At a glance I still prefer the sleek interface of Launchbaynext. It also looks like Squads Designer doesn't have all the newest content and point values from the card packs and newest releases.

If you are particularly security conscious it is worth noting that Squads Designer is not on the Android app store (I can't check Apple store) so you have to download from the link and enable running apps that didn't come from the store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

I hadn't seen Squads Designer before, thanks for the tip! There are some cool features on Squads Designer like the ability to automate auto-include upgrades (such as X-wing config) and various ways to sort squads other than alphabetical. My first impression is that it looks cluttered, but I see the value of every included button.

At a glance I still prefer the sleek interface of Launchbaynext. It also looks like Squads Designer doesn't have all the newest content and point values from the card packs and newest releases.

If you are particularly security conscious it is worth noting that Squads Designer is not on the Android app store (I can't check Apple store) so you have to download from the link and enable running apps that didn't come from the store.

My version has the pilots from the card packs for a while.  He even puts in stuff before it is released (these are in blue text).  Never had any security issues with it and I have been using it since the V1 days.  Latest update had things spoiled on FFG Live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Squads designer is my go-to. I prefer its look and UI to everything else out there. It is updated within a day or two of when new points or spoiled/preview content is released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 12:30 PM, chrisrivers said:

My version has the pilots from the card packs for a while.  He even puts in stuff before it is released (these are in blue text).  Never had any security issues with it and I have been using it since the V1 days.  Latest update had things spoiled on FFG Live.

Is 1.35.0 the most recent version?

I downloaded Squads Designer just before making that first impressions post so it should be the most recent version and my test for 'does this have the most recent stuff' was trying to recreate my last list which had Leia equipped with Mag-Pulse (and other things) Leia is not an available pilot for the YT-1300 and Mag-pulse is 200pts (I assume that's shorthand for 'unknown cost of spoiled content' same as with other squad builders). Is there something I should check to enable besides the 'use latest points' option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Is 1.35.0 the most recent version?

I downloaded Squads Designer just before making that first impressions post so it should be the most recent version and my test for 'does this have the most recent stuff' was trying to recreate my last list which had Leia equipped with Mag-Pulse (and other things) Leia is not an available pilot for the YT-1300 and Mag-pulse is 200pts (I assume that's shorthand for 'unknown cost of spoiled content' same as with other squad builders). Is there something I should check to enable besides the 'use latest points' option?

My version is 1.44.0.  Try updating from inside the app.  There is an update button on the main screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrisrivers said:

My version is 1.44.0.  Try updating from inside the app.  There is an update button on the main screen.

Saw that after reading the last post and tapped it but nothing happens... 😞



 

Edit: I have to enable all app permissions to access my files and enable install from unknown sources for the update to work.

Edited by nitrobenz
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...