Sign in to follow this  
Assussanni

Print and Play Coming to AH:TCG?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CSerpent said:

But that doesn't work, does it?  They're never in play.

Well crud. You are correct. My error here. I misread the codex as it is one of the tomes I've yet to use much. Thanks for the catch, that will help prevent me from making this mistake again. It is hard to say, but I think we still would have been okay since we were only on turn 9 even if we had pulled them all. 

Edited by Soakman

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Soakman said:

Well crud. You are correct. My error here. I misread the codex as it is one of the tomes I've yet to use much. Thanks for the catch, that will help prevent me from making this mistake again. It is hard to say, but I think we still would have been okay since we were only on turn 9 even if we had pulled them all. 

I've kind of given it the side eye up to now.  It's worthwhile in Read or Die, though.  By the time I had it, there were at least three different targets in play that I'd have been happy to hit.

Edited by CSerpent

Yeah. It's still going to be one of those cards that you are probably going to LOVE when it matters but mostly when you already know what to expect in the scenario. Plopping down a tome that takes resources and hand spots to just sit there 'in case' is not a best case scenario.

New thought for Parallel Daisy - if you're using the Parallel front and the Normal deckbuilding, she could be another decent candidate for Mind's Eye. She doesn't need investigation spells, probably only has Shrivelling (0) as an emergency plan, and could end up with an impressive willpower. Punching for 1 damage is pretty unimpressive, though - it would probably mainly be for things like The Forgotten Age, where you need to do a lot of evading and non-fight Combat tests - if fighting is required, she'd lean on events and Blood-Rite. Handy for breaking down Locked Doors if nothing else.