Sign in to follow this  
Assussanni

Print and Play Coming to AH:TCG?

16 minutes ago, guy_redman said:

That is a great idea. I didn’t consider that option. Which printable sticker pack have you gone for? I too have a second copy of the core so yes, I have a few spares. Thanks!

We have an extra core set for just that purpose, and if you sleeve, regular paper works, so you don’t have to have it stick.  
We have a great inexpensive card stock printer, so we also print out certain things like Investigator cards or cards we want to keep extras of, on the same weight paper FFG uses. 

4 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

We have an extra core set for just that purpose, and if you sleeve, regular paper works, so you don’t have to have it stick.  
We have a great inexpensive card stock printer, so we also print out certain things like Investigator cards or cards we want to keep extras of, on the same weight paper FFG uses. 

There are many ways to alleviate that problem... but I don't really like the idea of having to do so with the official content...  It feels like FFG doesn't want people to make fan content for AH or something, which is a shame, because it still gets created, just doesn't look as great as it could...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, guy_redman said:

That is a great idea. I didn’t consider that option. Which printable sticker pack have you gone for? I too have a second copy of the core so yes, I have a few spares. Thanks!

I got mine from Staples. It’s just called Sticker Paper (216mm x 279mm), but I’m sure you can get a higher quality online. 

1 hour ago, Mimi61 said:

Like Mimi said, though, if you sleeve you could just slip your print out in - And I’m guessing that was FFG’s intention by not providing the full art for the card backs. 

We’re weirdo outliers and don’t really like sleeving, so sticker paper has been a godsend. 

Edited by Joshuarleonard

3 hours ago, Joshuarleonard said:

I got mine from Staples. It’s just called Sticker Paper (216mm x 279mm), but I’m sure you can get a higher quality online. 

Like Mimi said, though, if you sleeve you could just slip your print out in - And I’m guessing that was FFG’s intention by not providing the full art for the card backs. 

We’re weirdo outliers and don’t really like sleeving, so sticker paper has been a godsend. 

It also makes it easier to play whichever version or hybrid you want of  Daisy.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

It also makes it easier to play whichever version or hybrid you want of  Daisy.

That's a very good point in regards to mix-and-match Daisy front and Daisy back. I told my partner he might have to suck it up and paperclip two Daisy's together. She's a librarian, it's thematic. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Joshuarleonard

23 hours ago, Joshuarleonard said:

That's a very good point in regards to mix-and-match Daisy front and Daisy back. I told my partner he might have to suck it up and paperclip two Daisy's together. She's a librarian, it's thematic. 🤷‍♂️

Haha. Maybe she could bind all of her cards together and make a book. 
The Codex of Daisy.... 

So who's played it?  I did with standard signatures (though that ended up not mattering) and both sides Parallel, Easy chaos bag.  Some of the treacheries are horrible for solo, low-willpower Daisy, but I believe I could have beat it with one more turn.  It's a fun, puzzly scenario.

Posted (edited)

We are going to start the new fan made campaign by Banania  The Ordo Templi Orientis this week and are going to do the  the Print and play scenario first. Kind of slide it in at the beginning.  I have No idea how well it will mesh, but I figured I would run Daisy’s parallel cards to see how they do in multiple scenarios, before unleashing it in a long haul. 
What was her Will management like? 

Edited by Mimi61

7 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

We are going to start the new fan made campaign by Banania  The Ordo Templi Orientis this week and are going to do the  the Print and play scenario first. Kind of slide it in at the beginning.  I have No idea how well it will mesh, but I figured I would run Daisy’s parallel cards to see how they do in multiple scenarios, before unleashing it in a long haul. 
What was her Will management like? 

An early Arcane Barrier was rough.  Same with the Will(5) test on Visions of Future Past.    Both of those can lead to discards, and as this is  the same encounter deck as Extracurricular, that's bad -- worse than usual since there are a lot of cards that you really can't afford to lose.  By the time I had to Shrivel, I had out St Hubert's Key and my first Tome, so I was feeling more comfortable.  So, intimidating at first, but if she can squeak through a couple rounds, she should be fine.

Posted (edited)

Has anybody tried this yet?  Got recked last night.

More than anything, it was two (plus one) treachery cards.

02085.jpg02084.jpg

and then

02083.jpg

Daisy could have handled the 10 damage, but with only 1 Agenda & 1 Act cards, Light of Aforgomon never goes away.  Luke & Daisy were playing with the Sword of Damocles hanging over them early in the game.

Daisy had 10 tomes, which took them out of her deck early and shortened her life (assuming she couldn't get them shuffled into her deck, which with 10 she didn't).

I like it though!

Edited by Duciris
Had to make sure I could use spoilers.

Posted (edited)

Gonna try it this weekend.  What are people splashing in new Daisy?  I'm curious.  I was gonna embrace the new and go new for both sides and the upgraded sigs.  My go to for low Will investigators is 2x Take The Initiatives and 2x Steadfasts to bolster early game willpower checks.  Maybe that's a good idea here.  Though that does suck away all the Mystic slots.  That said I've played plenty of Mystic Daisy I guess.  If she had some way to repeatedly evade I'd consider Luxley, but right now she'd be just an int pump early game, which seems suboptimal.  If you get Dream Dairy level 3 and pick Dreams of a Madman then maybe it's a decent engine for pinging damage.  Need alot fo Search/draw to get those pieces in play.  Guard Dog or Tetsuo might be interesting.  Tetsuos and Research Librarians can both fetch tomes and soak, which is nice.  That might be better than Rook considering how beefed up Daisy's weakness is in the new version.  Tetsuo seems like the best pick if splashing an ally since he can also fetch her tote bag and getting her set up fast seems important considering the her Will scaling.

I'm hoping we get some more non-seeker tomes to make her deckbuilding more unique.  Right now I think there's only two tomes really added to her card pool.  Grimm's Fairy Tales and Book of Shadows lvl3.  BoS is even less attractive in new Daisy considering her low starting Will and less access to the Mystic pool.  Grimm's is fine, but Daisy has a high Sanity score so it seems like a less good include next to other tomes (but getting tome density up to boost her will is a a thing).  So she feels like she's being nerfed more than buffed by the upgrade, but that said core Daisy was plenty good IMO.  So we didn't need a buffed Daisy.  We needed a Daisy design that forced us to play her differently.  Her investigator ability still rewards you for including tomes with actions though which is unfortunate.  Not all tomes care about that so it feels wasteful to include them.  Though now they also boost her sanity and willpower so there is that.  That all said now if they give us a ton of non-seeker tomes we can feel better about it since it doesn't feel like Daisy is being cheated.  So I like that.

I'm glad they did this because it's been a while since I thought about a Daisy deck this hard.

Edited by phillos

Posted (edited)

This is my deck, built as Lola since she can hold a legal  Parallel Daisy build.
https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/747872

Due to Mystic card limits, I went with Forewarned instead of Ward. I thought about guns instead of Shriveling, but knowing Willpower would eventually go up, it was too hard to justify.   

I built this without reading the scenario.  If I play it again, I would definitely swap

another Codex in place of the Atlas.  The Atlas is redundant (in solo, anyway) as soon as you have Jazz, who you will probably have before any Tomes.  And Codex is pretty effective against this encounter deck.  You especially don't want Aforgomon hanging around

Edited by CSerpent

Posted (edited)

I guess Grimm's is not bad to heal off her Necronomicon horror.  It makes that weakness less bad and makes it more likely for you to blitz getting it off the board.  Especially if you are using core Daisy front.

Edited by phillos

1 hour ago, phillos said:

Her investigator ability still rewards you for including tomes with actions though which is unfortunate.  Not all tomes care about that so it feels wasteful to include them.

I'd say she probably still prefers non-action tomes. The once-per-game effect isn't good enough to offset having a bunch of assets you can't use properly.

Of course, what she really wants is tomes that have both action and non-action effects, like Pnakotic Manuscripts.

Posted (edited)

That's fair.  Why Book of Shadows CSerpent?  Seems like this deck isn't really utilizing it.  The other tomes all are great though.

Yeah I agree rsdockery.  In new Daisy it's a less important consideration so it does encourage you to care less about that.

Yeah Duciris I think new Daisy is built with Harvey's cardpool in mind.  I suspect there will be alot of toys in there for her.

Edited by phillos

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, phillos said:

That's fair.  Why Book of Shadows CSerpent?  Seems like this deck isn't really utilizing it.  The other tomes all are great though.

That is true.  It might be a holdover from an earlier deck idea (I had two Mists at one point but went with St Hubert instead).

Edited by CSerpent

I've been playing alongside a Daisy build using her new front, with original deckbuilding, and it's much more interesting and fun to play alongside than "base" Daisy. Instead of picking a single tome to use efficiently and otherwise being a seeker, she ends up running around with loads of different tomes, and her once-per-game ability has been really clutch at times.

Probably weaker than the original version, but far more fun. And that's high praise coming from me since I don't like seekers in general.

Posted (edited)

We tried the parallel scenario at 0 level with parallel Daisy and it was brutal, but fun! She sure has some interesting deck building strategies to peruse now.

Edited by Mimi61

The big thing that Alternative Daisy Deckbuilding is missing is access to Abigail Foreman. It's hard to imagine a Daisy deck that wouldn't be improved immensely by including Abigail, unless you avoid Action tomes entirely at which point you're ignoring her ability as well. It might end up being the case that Abigail Foreman is so overpowered that not having access to her is beneficial to the game, but otherwise I kind of wish she had access to 0-5 Miskatonic as well (which would also allow access to Peter Sylvestre, which may be good or bad, depending).

Given how high Alternative Daisy can boost her willpower and sanity, access to "Let Me Handle This!" would be really useful, but she kind of definitely wants both St Hubert's Key and Shrivelling, so it's a tough sell - maybe if you instead wanted Hallowed Mirror, you could justify not taking St Hubert's.

We're getting really wrecked in Carcosa, but hey, we're on track to achieving minimum doubt/conviction so that's cool at least!

On 5/16/2020 at 3:32 AM, Allonym said:

The big thing that Alternative Daisy Deckbuilding is missing is access to Abigail Foreman. It's hard to imagine a Daisy deck that wouldn't be improved immensely by including Abigail, unless you avoid Action tomes entirely at which point you're ignoring her ability as well. It might end up being the case that Abigail Foreman is so overpowered that not having access to her is beneficial to the game, but otherwise I kind of wish she had access to 0-5 Miskatonic as well (which would also allow access to Peter Sylvestre, which may be good or bad, depending).

Agreed on all points! She got walloped the first 2 scenarios in a little fan made campaign I’m trying her out in. Some XP helps her, but Abigail is sorely missed. I have found Dream Diary to be an important upgrade. 

Posted (edited)

So as a further update, we just did Read or Die. I'm pleasantly surprised by the scenario, it was a fun little romp, but it was very straightforward - the only actual challenge, aside from the possibility of a really bad sequence of Encounter draws, is the short doom clock - as Monster-killer Finn Edwards, I spent most rounds evading the boss while Daisy investigated, but it came right down to the wire because Daisy couldn't for the life of her find her tote bag, until a final turn use of her once-per-game found it with Old Book of Lore. It was a good use of the Dunwich encounter sets, but I definitely think it shouldn't have Ancient Evils in there - perhaps Resurgent Evils would be less of a problem. It was cool that it both thematically and mechanically focused on Daisy - it really challenges all aspects of Seeker as a class, certainly clue gathering but also card draw and search. We came out of it with 3 exp more than we went in (total of 4 VP against my 1 exp cost, total of 6 books against Daisy's 3 exp cost).

I'm sorry to say that, unless and until they release a large number of really good non-Seeker, non-Mystic tomes and a good Seeker accessory, the alternative deckbuilding for Daisy is more or less a bust. No Abigail Foreman is a big problem, but if you're using the alternative front, you also want Shrivelling and/or Mists of R'yleh to capitalise on the high willpower from having lots of tomes, as well as St Hubert's Key as just an obviously great card for Daisy, and then that's basically all your off-class slots already spoken for so the Guardian access isn't really a "thing", outside of a really specific build like pure tank Daisy using "Let Me Handle This!" and First Watch to take all the willpower/horror treacheries (and even then, Normal Daisy can take Ward of Protection (2)). It feels like her alternative deckbuilding should have been closer to Carolyn Fern's - 0-3 Seeker, 0-5 Tome (possible 0-5 Tome and Miskatonic?), up to 10 level 0-1 Mystic/Guardian would probably not be overpowered and would enable some truly weird builds, like fighty Daisy with a Timeworn Brand, Reliable and Dream Diary (Dreams of a Madman), or full tank Daisy financing her self-sacrifice with Milan.

Edited by Allonym

Posted (edited)

We also just played Read or Die today We went in just after Threads of Fate during TFA as we were in the Miskatonic area already. It was very entertaining, but I think it could be very hard for certain builds. That being said, my deck assisted by enemy distraction Rita crushed the scenario pretty handily.

Part of it was due to luck as I recovered tomes that were useful, but without the tomes in my deck to begin with, it was thinned allowing me to find and play Empower Self (Acuity). I actually have come to really love this card on Daisy. Yes, it is 1 out of 30 cards, but if you have a search deck using Mr. Rook, it's actually easy to find. Use my 5 int instead of 3 will on will tests? Don't mind if I do! +2 to a Int test each round without obstructing my hand slots (where I keep my priceless tomes)? Yes, please!

Long story short, I had Empower Self out turn 1 which helped with all of the treacheries. Rita tripped up all/any enemies while I snagged clues using upgraded deductions and practice makes perfect to enrapture/deduce my way to the tomes. After about 2 or 3 tomes, I started using Rook to find them and get them in play. I pulled a copy of the Otherworld Codex and, though I couldn't play it that turn, used a knowledge is power to dump an ancient evils. Then I used Armitage for resources on some card draw I didn't need, put out the codex, and dumped an ancient evils 2 more times and a beyond the veil after that. Astounding revelations let me add further secrets to rook which helped me find my tomes more quickly.

Those ancient evils are nasty in this scenario though. Never been so happy to have that codex.

Ended up with 6 tomes out and finished the scenario in turn 9.

Edited by Soakman

1 hour ago, Soakman said:

Those ancient evils are nasty in this scenario though. Never been so happy to have that codex.

But that doesn't work, does it?  They're never in play.