KCDodger

[Republic] Knightfall

x5 Jedi Knights with CLT. Just CLT.

Why in the world is nobody talking about this superb list? I've been all about CLT Delta-7s since release because you can just so easily line up bullseyes and get 4 dice attacks for a far lower cost than Delta-7B. What is with people NOT talking about these guys? They're super good!

6 hours ago, KCDodger said:

Why in the world is nobody talking about this superb list?

Nobody's talking about anything onhere.  F***ing virus.

Anyhow, I've seen some streams of it, read at least amount of chatter here and there.  I think it's a not-quite-under-the-radar list.  I know @wurms has a neat thread on a variant list, which swaps two JK out for 40-ish point utility pieces like Broadside and Ric Olie, to diversify the threats.  Better?  Worse?  Off to the side?

But yeah, basic CLT Jedi seem pretty sweet.  Decent potential for hitting power, great mobility to make them amazing blockers (where CLT can *really* punish folks when you land those blocks), and if they wind up as the top-initiative ship, you've got five Soontirs Fel.

48 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Nobody's talking about anything onhere.  F***ing virus.

Anyhow, I've seen some streams of it, read at least amount of chatter here and there.  I think it's a not-quite-under-the-radar list.  I know @wurms has a neat thread on a variant list, which swaps two JK out for 40-ish point utility pieces like Broadside and Ric Olie, to diversify the threats.  Better?  Worse?  Off to the side?

But yeah, basic CLT Jedi seem pretty sweet.  Decent potential for hitting power, great mobility to make them amazing blockers (where CLT can *really* punish folks when you land those blocks), and if they wind up as the top-initiative ship, you've got five Soontirs Fel.

Thank you, thank you VERY much. CLT Delta-7s have been my favorite way to fly them, never liked the fake X-Wing Delta-7Bs. Delta-7 greens are pretty friggin' reliable tbh.

Posted (edited)

I only own three, so I flew Broadside, Ric, and x3 CLT. It was after the broadside x4 CLT jedi went far in a system open or something?

They do work, but also take a lot of work. You need to trust your blocking skills, to line up those range 1 CLTs on high init lists, otherwise you are nothing more than a TIE Fighter. Broadside helps as if he gets that ion off, you can have 2 or 3 clts on that ship next round. Ric adds a phenomenal flanker - battle tested in the sinker swarm.

But they are just as worth their points as Inquisitors with concussion missiles. One negates range 3 defense die, the other basically gets an extra range 1 die (since its almost auto bullseye. Its nice to stick to your targets also, able to sloop and still have that force mod. They are nice efficient 39pt ships. Im more of an ace player, and dont dabble too much in generics, but these guys won me over.

Edited by wurms

On 4/25/2020 at 2:08 AM, wurms said:

I only own three, so I flew Broadside, Ric, and x3 CLT. It was after the broadside x4 CLT jedi went far in a system open or something?

They do work, but also take a lot of work. You need to trust your blocking skills, to line up those range 1 CLTs on high init lists, otherwise you are nothing more than a TIE Fighter. Broadside helps as if he gets that ion off, you can have 2 or 3 clts on that ship next round. Ric adds a phenomenal flanker - battle tested in the sinker swarm.

But they are just as worth their points as Inquisitors with concussion missiles. One negates range 3 defense die, the other basically gets an extra range 1 die (since its almost auto bullseye. Its nice to stick to your targets also, able to sloop and still have that force mod. They are nice efficient 39pt ships. Im more of an ace player, and dont dabble too much in generics, but these guys won me over.

You are absolutely more than a TIE Fighter. Better dial and a force point, alongside an astromech and force talent slot?

1 hour ago, KCDodger said:

You are absolutely more than a TIE Fighter. Better dial and a force point, alongside an astromech and force talent slot?

They actually make no use of the astromech or force upgrade slots, so those two don't matter.

It would be more like an A-wing, but you can swap your linked boost for a "linked" barrel roll or pseudo-focus (if you keep the force). All without stressing. 

On 4/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, KCDodger said:

Why in the world is nobody talking about this superb list?

Most players don't have five aethersprites. I only have the four. I think it is also likely a bit harder to fly than other swarm-ish-lots-of-generics lists. Looks like a swarm but you don't want to fly it like a swarm. Folks are a bit reticent to try five not-quite-an-ace ships that want to be flown like aces. Managing five double-re-position ships moving at I3 is going to be pretty demanding. Especially since they don't have five aethersprites. 

It is a really fun list, honestly one of my favorites. It is really solid and punches hard than one might except. At i3 you can run around a lot of other generics and double action with no stress or 1.5 focuses per turn is great. 

You could also do a y-wing with a 7th fleet gunner in place of the 5th delta. 

Jedi Knight (37)    
    Calibrated Laser Targeting (2)    

Ship total: 39  

Jedi Knight (37)    

Jedi Knight (37)    

Jedi Knight (37)    

Red Squadron Bomber (30)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (5)    
    Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)    

Ship total: 44 

Total: 200    

Add a little control and additional punch. 7th fleet does let you make a range 1 CLT bullseye shot a 5 dice attack. You could also bump the y to shadow squad with dorsal for matching initiative with the Jedi.