blueAngelIden

Raider 2 corvette (Corvus)

Hello

I was looking for news about the imperial/first oder huge ship Raider 2 class corvette ? Is it still planned ?

Raider 2  webpage is missing on fantasyflightgames.com but is still on fantasyflightgames.fr labelled as "soon"

Thank You

Capture d’écran 2020-04-22 à 18.51.40.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kyle Ren said:

back in November, Evan Johnson confirmed on Discord that this expansion was cancelled due to overwhelming stock of the first edition raider. 

I understand in France we have the same troubles with many ships due to overwhelming stock of the first edition. 

Thank You, i will keep hope for have my own corvus

Edited by blueAngelIden

Posted (edited)

I wonder if the Corvus refit will be a new ship? I'd considered it in the past only dismissively.

I imagine I have a good idea what the Separatists and Republic are getting, but the FO and Res are a weird one. Corvus refit would be a fairly versatile model since it's Rebel and Resistance

Edited by ForceSensitive

7 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I wonder if the Corvus refit will be a new ship? I'd considered it in the past only dismissively.

I imagine I have a good idea what the Separatists and Republic are getting, but the FO and Res are a weird one. Corvus refit would be a fairly versatile model since it's Rebel and Resistance

Honestly, I think it’s too soon to tell. There’s a solid chance that ffg never revisits huge ships because of lack of sales. In 1.0, they forced the matter on “mainstream” xwing by putting must haves inside the big box. In 2.0, that hasn’t happened - which is great for the players who don’t want huge ships, but it also dramatically cuts down the demand for those huge ships.

I would like to see prequel / sequel huge ships that are not just rehashes of the old ones. I’d also like to see scum get a bigger corvette sized huge ship someday.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

There’s a solid chance that ffg never revisits huge ships because of lack of sales.

I had some high hopes for Huge ships in 2.0.  However, as usual, FFG was big on talk and then kicked the project to the curb.

Dumping the Raider rerelease was only second to the major fiasco of failing to support Huge ships in the official app, confusing lots of players who were willing to get on the bandwagon.  And let's not forget the CR-90 dial error; none of us still have a replacement;  new folks can't even buy a 2.0 CR-90 that works.

So really, if you are brand new to Epic like the OP, there is only one functional 2.0 ship to buy on the shelves--the C-ROC.

The Huge ship conversion kit and the Epic Battles seemed to sell like hotcakes, then FFG took a big dump on the momentum they had generated by canceling/failing to support/screwing up some major things in the Huge ship roll out.

I think there has been a statement that a huge ship of some sort is in the works, but with Wave 7 getting postponed til Sept, Epic fans again have such a geologic-time-scale wait that we might evolve gills before FFG gets back to us.

So, as a word of warning, @blueAngelIden, the CR-90 does not have the correct dial in the box if you buy a new 2.0 copy. 

Bonne chance!!

Edited by Darth Meanie

@Darth Meanie I have already a Cr90 2.0 (it is nice) and i have the wrong dial. I hope to be able to but a C-Roc when buyers will reopen

Support is worse in France and many ships are not distributed (millenium falcon, ghost, tie/d, x1, decimator, slave1 even tie/ln). They seem to think that Imperial Raider is not cancelled.

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

The conversion kit has correct '90 dial yes? If in the chance you get older models and had to convert them, you'd at least get the right dial in the process.

Correct - the conversion kit dial is correct. The 2.0 New release one is not.

16 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

I had some high hopes for Huge ships in 2.0.  However, as usual, FFG was big on talk and then kicked the project to the curb.

Jesus wept, @Darth Meanie, hyperbole much?  That kind of attitude is absolutely deplorable.

A little context, perhaps?  2nd Edition's Huge Ship conversion kit and the first wave of huge ship releases came out in November last year.  NOVEMBER 2019.

Even if the world wasn't currently suffering from much, much, much more important problems than your lack of x-wing updates, it would STILL be too early to realistically expect further announcements and information on product releases or support for huge ship play.

BUT, considering that little more than two months after the first wave of huge ship products we've been plunged into the biggest global crisis since World War 2, MAYBE it would be a good idea for you to, you know, give FFG the benefit of the doubt>

TL;DR?  get a grip and wind your neck in.

12 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Jesus wept, @Darth Meanie, hyperbole much?  That kind of attitude is absolutely deplorable.

A little context, perhaps?  2nd Edition's Huge Ship conversion kit and the first wave of huge ship releases came out in November last year.  NOVEMBER 2019.

Even if the world wasn't currently suffering from much, much, much more important problems than your lack of x-wing updates, it would STILL be too early to realistically expect further announcements and information on product releases or support for huge ship play.

BUT, considering that little more than two months after the first wave of huge ship products we've been plunged into the biggest global crisis since World War 2, MAYBE it would be a good idea for you to, you know, give FFG the benefit of the doubt>

TL;DR?  get a grip and wind your neck in.

While there is some exaggeration, he is not entirely wrong. FFG is failing hard here. If they announced beforehand that the app was not going to support huge ships, I never heard it. We are now 5 months past and still have ZERO word on a supposed new app. No screenshots, no teasers and most definitely no due date. The definition of vaporware so far.

Not to mention their quality control on these has been atrocious. Wrong dials on the CR90 (with ZERO word on replacements) and the cardboard in the conversion kit was badly miscut. These are the kind of things that SHOULD be caught before production starts.

TL;DR/ Wind it back yourself.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

A little context, perhaps? 

Sure.

XWM 2.0 happened in mid 2018.  ONE AND A QUARTER YEARS LATER epic gets updated.

While it was nice to see all factions get to tap into the extant ships, FO, Resistance, Republic, and Separatists are left with vanilla ships, lacking titles and lore-based-commander options.

Then, the Raider got canceled. 

Then, the CR90 dial is borked, so no one can use it out of the box. 

Then FFG announces that the app (the HALLMARK of 2.0) won't be updated for Huge ships.

One of these might not have been a big deal.   But, rather, after all this waiting epic enthusiasts are running at about 25% of expected puissance for thier game mode.

Knowing that it will likely be ANOTHER FULL YEAR without even a baby update really blows if it is you favorite way to play.

And, because of the absurd time scale that Epic suffers under in the 1st place, losing 4 months to a global meltdown really isn't significant.  What is significant is the release we got 5 months ago was hamstrung in a number of ways with a new wait time of 12+ months to see some of this get fixed/supplemented.

Edited by Darth Meanie

I agree with @Darth Meanie. before I moved, I only played epic with my friends. We had a blast playing with obscenely large squads, as we really just want to get as many models on the table as we could. Was looking forward to 2.0 epic and have been left wanting a bit. Errors in production with no replacements, which seems so unlike all the positive customer service I’ve read about on here over years. I just got the epic box yesterday for my birthday and was surprised at how little content was included for the price. And finally, not putting the huge ships in the app really stinks. Overall, while FFG has had issues over the years, I feel like they have gotten worse in the last 12 months.

8 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

XWM 2.0 happened in mid 2018.  ONE AND A QUARTER YEARS LATER epic gets updated.

...and how long into X-Wing 1st edtion's life cycle was it before huge ships arrived?  Standard play was (and is) ALWAYS going to be the primary focus for X-Wing moving into a new edition, BUT huge ship play was announced and delivered earlier than anyone predicted or expected.

While it was nice to see all factions get to tap into the extant ships, FO, Resistance, Republic, and Separatists are left with vanilla ships, lacking titles and lore-based-commander options.

...and how long was it before Empire & Scum got some huge ship options to play with at all in 1st edition?  You're complaining that they actually RECTIFIED that common complaint from 1st edition this time around?

Then, the Raider got canceled. 

...so did Saw's Partisans and the TIE Reaper's 2nd edition expansions.  This isn't an epic only issue, so no need to bleat on like it is.

Then, the CR90 dial is borked, so no one can use it out of the box. 

...now THAT's actually a worthwhile point.  But it's also one that FFG have acknowledged (hence the stickied thread at the top of this very forum), so you're essentially re-treading old ground.

Then FFG announces that the app (the HALLMARK of 2.0) won't be updated for Huge ships.

It may have skipped your mind but the "HALLMARK" of 2.0 isn't being updated for ANYTHING.  Not Extended, not ~Hyperspace, not Custom formats or Quick Builds... it was announced that Huge ships wouldn't be supported in it before anything else, sure, but it wasn't long after that support for the app was stopped entirely.  Again, this isn't an epic only issue, so no need to bleat on like it is.

As for the points you've raised, they're clearly born out of impatience, which is a personal issue.  FFG can control a lot of things, but they can't control your attitude.

And, because of the absurd time scale that Epic suffers under in the 1st place, losing 4 months to a global meltdown really isn't significant.

You think it's going to be four months?  Oh honey.  Oh sweetie.  Oh dear.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:06 AM, FTS Gecko said:

A little context, perhaps? 

I mean, I don’t think Meanie is wrong.

It took them over a year to get out entry level conversion materials for huge ships/epic.

And don’t tell me the app isn’t being updated for anyone else - are they seriously just not doing points changes anymore? They never had quickbuilds in the official app because you wouldn’t need the app to build that list.

The cr90 debacle was, well there you go. They phoned in the huge ship release wave. The raider being cancelled is a catastrophe for anyone who doesn’t live in CONUS (and even then your options are limited).

I would have at least expected them to fix the CR90 dials.... maybe have one new update of forthcoming content (after all, we’ve consistently had two waves of standard content known about except for shortly after a release like right now with wave 6 out and 7 in the pipe). 

On 4/26/2020 at 4:31 AM, FTS Gecko said:

You think it's going to be four months?  Oh honey.  Oh sweetie.  Oh dear.

Well, Sweden managed to get through it in zero months. Just rolling with it more or less life as normal.

Frankly, the world cannot afford to keep this going longer. I won’t say more as it devolves off the topic into a much nastier world.

3 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Frankly, the world cannot afford to keep this going longer. 

This.  At some point humanity is going to just need to cope with the notion there is a new bad disease in the world.*  I have no idea what that time scale looks like nor what level of loss creates herd immunity.

But for FFG, they have recently released $5 damage decks and a Limited Edition mini to a couple hundred people.  If Wave 7 is later than September, I would be worried that we will all be looking for a new hobby, despite FTS's patronizing reply that I don't understand the scope of this pandemic.**

* and ** To go off topic for a moment, I'm worried that a vaccine might not be a feasible option.  In cats, there is a coronoavirus that causes a disease called FIP.  And there is a vaccine for it, that not many veterinarians use, because it is only 70% effective and if a cat is vaccinated and does get infected, they get the worst form of the disease (think COVID cytokine storm).  Whether this translates to the human coronavirus is anyone's guess.  Also, I'm not sure I want to be the first 50% of the demographic to get a vaccine that was rushed into production. . .

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

... despite FTS's patronizing reply that I don't understand the scope of this pandemic

🤔

At some point humanity is going to just need to cope with the notion there is a new bad disease in the world...

Not going to lie DM, that last post read like a transcript of a Trump press conference.

10 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

...Sorry you can't tell the difference.

Oh, but I can.

11 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

This different virus... has a weird effect on cats.  Will it do the same thing to humans?  *SHRUGS* what do I know?  I'm just throwing it out there.  Anyway, we need to reopen ASAP because I need more plastic crack.  But I don't want the vaccine because I don't trust the health care workers.  Don't at me, it's all fake news.

Posted (edited)

This different virus... has a weird effect on cats.  Will it do the same thing to humans?  *SHRUGS* what do I know?  I'm just throwing it out there. 

Given that I'm a veterinarian, and know a thing or two about epidemiology and immunology, maybe it's something I might think about and might constitute an informed opinion.

Anyway, we need to reopen ASAP because I need more plastic crack. 

Never said that, but nice spin.

I don't trust the health care workers.

38 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Oh, but I can.

No, you can't.  You're just having fun being an *******.

Edited by Darth Meanie

38 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

There are grim realities, and there are discussions of drinking bleach.

Sorry you can't tell the difference.

Exactly this.

Man kind has had the misfortune of dealing with new illnesses since the dawn of time. We are in the best possible place for dealing with them between our scientific knowledge and understanding of how pathogens work, but nobody promised that science would solve the problem for us.

Could there some day be a vaccine that’s effective? Maybe, maybe not. I can’t predict that future. I know I don’t want to be a guinea pig on it when it was fast tracked and didn’t go through typical vaccine fda trials and so forth.

Either way, there’s going to be a lot of problems that happen by staying in this stalemate. Eventually, supply chain issues are going to mount - we already have some food shortages in the US (specific food elements sure but this is the start), state governments can’t handle the unemployment claims going on, etc. No money = no hope = desperate people. Mark my words, If this keeps going on there will be an uptick of property crime, domestic violence, and suicides.

And when the economy DOES reopen, if it took too long the jobs WON’T bounce back. Which means the problems will persist years or decades after covid itself is a memory.

24 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Oh, but I can.

No, you can’t.

Oh, no spin, Meanie - your only contributions in this topic have been Veruca Salt style foot stamping "I want I want I WANT IT NOW."

I can spot self entitlement from a mile off but, well, let's face it, this isn't your first rodeo on the matter is it?

Given that I'm a veterinarian, and know a thing or two about epidemiology and immunology, maybe it's something I might think about and might constitute an informed opinion.

🤔

3 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

...whether this translates to the human coronavirus is anyone's guess...

Yup, that's an informed opinion, all right!

Great job, @FTS Gecko, derailing the Corvus thread to a Corona politics thread. Before it gets locked down:

On 4/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, FTS Gecko said:

Our FLGS (Europe) got 1 (in words ONE) conversion kit, without any announcement that it was on way. Same of the whole country, one to zero kits per shop, even the larger ones. Same with the card packs, I was extremely lucky to get an Obstacle pack, but nowhere is there any Aces. This was before any Covid19.

And the App support was discontinued before Covid19, as well, then they discontinued the app completely before having a replacement even for standard play.

Their quality control is atrocious. The old C-Roc had the missing center line (SIXTY dollar product), ALL Bebullabs were backwards (FORTY dollar product), lots of misprints (esp template misalignment, again faulty component essential for functioning product) in the new core sets (FIFTY dollar) and the normal conversion kits (FORTY dollar), and the CR90 a HUNDRED dollar product, you cannot even use. FFG only says, do a DIY solution. On a 100 dollar product, that is completely unacceptable.

FFG were going out clamoring for Huge ships, and then everything falls flat.

Further do not underestimate the number of kitchen table players around the world (The power of these forums [and the haughty Krayts thread] is insignificant to the buying power of the casual players; think about people like Joe Boss who stopped posting here), they would like to be able to field their Huges again.

11 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

But I don't want the vaccine because I don't trust the health care workers.  Don't at me, it's all fake news.

It is unethically to change another posters text, and assign their name to it, without indicating that you changed the citation.

Regarding the topic. I 100% support vaccination.

But, as the man with the orange hair, who wants to inject bleach or have the sun shining inside a body, so absolutely desperately wants to win a race against a China having the first vaccin (insetad of combining scientific power), so desperately that USA now suggests infecting people with Covid19 (a disease for which there is no scientific proven cure), which is extremely unethical and really dangerous, I too reserve to be being doubtful about such a rushed vaccin, at least the first batch.