Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
boow

Max Proximity Mines

Recommended Posts

I built a 400 point Rebels fleet the other day where I tried to max out the number of proximity mines I could put out on the map. (and fairly Rebels cartoon inspired)

Had an Assault Cruiser w/ the Proximity Mines and Sabine Wren, and also had the Mart Mattin/Sato's Hammer YT-2400 out on the board (along with Adar Tallon on ship).

I used Squadron Command/Adar to move Mattin up and/or get in an attack, and then still throw out some new mines at the beginning of the Squadron phase. I think I had put out 6 mines all told by the time my opponent KO'd Mattin...

Four of the mines went off, one was destroyed by Anti-Squadron shot, and one was avoided altogether. Definitely disrupted my opponents movement decisions, so I was happy about that!

Any other way to maximize the number of mines that can get on the map (other than more ships with Prox. Mines). Can anything move mines or anything? I included the Minefields Objective, but my opponent did not choose it...

 

Commander: Commander Sato

Assault Objective: Targeting Beacons
Defense Objective: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation Objective: Minefields

[ flagship ] Modified Pelta-class Command Ship (60 points)
-  Commander Sato  ( 32  points)
-  Adar Tallon  ( 10  points)
-  Boosted Comms  ( 4  points)
= 106 total ship cost

Assault Frigate Mark II B (72 points)
-  Sabine Wren  ( 4  points)
-  Proximity Mines  ( 4  points)
= 80 total ship cost

MC30c Scout Frigate (69 points)
 Foresight  ( 8  points)
-  Ezra Bridger  ( 3  points)
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points)
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points)
= 89 total ship cost

1 Mart Mattin ( 22 points)
1 Hera Syndulla ( 28 points)
1 Kanan Jarrus ( 19 points)
1 Shara Bey ( 17 points)
2 A-Wing Squadrons ( 22 points)
2 Z-95 Headhunter Squadrons ( 14 points)
= 122 total squadron cost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the most mines you can get.

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Kyrsta Agate (20)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 90 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Sabine Wren (4)
• Comms Net (2)
• Proximity Mines (4)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 30 Points

Squadrons:
• Mart Mattin (22)
= 22 Points

Total Points: 398

12 total mines with the peltas a transport and sabine then whatever mart drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boow said:

I built a 400 point Rebels fleet the other day where I tried to max out the number of proximity mines I could put out on the map. (and fairly Rebels cartoon inspired)

Had an Assault Cruiser w/ the Proximity Mines and Sabine Wren, and also had the Mart Mattin/Sato's Hammer YT-2400 out on the board (along with Adar Tallon on ship).

I used Squadron Command/Adar to move Mattin up and/or get in an attack, and then still throw out some new mines at the beginning of the Squadron phase. I think I had put out 6 mines all told by the time my opponent KO'd Mattin...

Four of the mines went off, one was destroyed by Anti-Squadron shot, and one was avoided altogether. Definitely disrupted my opponents movement decisions, so I was happy about that!

Any other way to maximize the number of mines that can get on the map (other than more ships with Prox. Mines). Can anything move mines or anything? I included the Minefields Objective, but my opponent did not choose it...

 

Commander: Commander Sato

Assault Objective: Targeting Beacons
Defense Objective: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation Objective: Minefields

[ flagship ] Modified Pelta-class Command Ship (60 points)
-  Commander Sato  ( 32  points)
-  Adar Tallon  ( 10  points)
-  Boosted Comms  ( 4  points)
= 106 total ship cost

Assault Frigate Mark II B (72 points)
-  Sabine Wren  ( 4  points)
-  Proximity Mines  ( 4  points)
= 80 total ship cost

MC30c Scout Frigate (69 points)
 Foresight  ( 8  points)
-  Ezra Bridger  ( 3  points)
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points)
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points)
= 89 total ship cost

1 Mart Mattin ( 22 points)
1 Hera Syndulla ( 28 points)
1 Kanan Jarrus ( 19 points)
1 Shara Bey ( 17 points)
2 A-Wing Squadrons ( 22 points)
2 Z-95 Headhunter Squadrons ( 14 points)
= 122 total squadron cost

I’d drop the Z-95s for more mines. Those  things suck, especially without Blount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xero989 said:

I think this is the most mines you can get.

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Kyrsta Agate (20)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 90 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Proximity Mines (4)
= 64 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Sabine Wren (4)
• Comms Net (2)
• Proximity Mines (4)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 30 Points

Squadrons:
• Mart Mattin (22)
= 22 Points

Total Points: 398

12 total mines with the peltas a transport and sabine then whatever mart drops.

Needs Adar Tallon. You can swap some Command Peltas for Assault Peltas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Needs Adar Tallon. You can swap some Command Peltas for Assault Peltas. 

Unfortunately assault peltas don't have offensive retrofit.

And even with tallon mart can only trigger once as his ability is at the start of the squadron phase is I remember correctly.

Edited by xero989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, xero989 said:

Unfortunately assault peltas don't have offensive retrofit.

And even with tallon mart can only trigger once as his ability is at the start of the squadron phase is I remember correctly.

Correct you are. 

The problem with Mart is he's just going to stay in place (he doesn't activate) if you're using him for proximity mines. Adar Tallon or FCT would help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...