Sign in to follow this  
Orcdruid

Jennifer walters setup question.

Posted (edited)

I have been playing She-Hulk against Klaw and was wondering if she can use her I Object ability durng setup?

Here are the specifics. 

Step 1 of set up: place identity alter-ego side face up. In my case Jennifer Walters

Step 10 of setup: resolve scheme set up. Klaw's main scheme 1A says to reveal the defense network side scheme. Defense network has a when revealed effect that places 1(per player) threat on itself, in addition to it's starting threat. 

"I Object" states: "When threat would be placed on a scheme, prevent 1 of that threat."

I know that, in normal play, when a side scheme with that 'when revealed' ability comes out 'I Object' works. The question is, does it work in setup?

Edited by Orcdruid

Unfortunately not. From page 25 of the online Rules Reference/FAQ (v1.3):

Q: If threat is placed on a scheme during game setup, does Jennifer Walters’s ability trigger?
A: No. Abilities that do not have the ”Setup” timing trigger cannot resolve during game setup.

13 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

It also says on the card (Limit once per Round)

That isn't really a limiting factor in this case because they could have easily ruled that setup counts as part of the first round for once per round abilities.