StendertSteen

New player trying rebels.

Posted (edited)

Heey guys,

I just started playing this game and are looking to play the hyperspace format. I bought all  x-wing 2.0 rebel and empire ships.

This is one of the lists I came up with to start playing when the lockdown is over in my country.

Please let me know what you guys think of it and what could be better.

image.png.00d90f8792550555a94f6cc22d6db69c.png

Edited by StendertSteen

It is not a bad list. Although I would do a few tweaks here and there. First of all, in this list Ten Numb is your heavy hitter. While Garven with a Lock from Dutch is your second valuable piece. But people will/should target the B-Wing first. Thus... My proposal of a few tweaks to your list.

(48) Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Stabilized S-Foils
(2) Fire-Control System

(40) "Dutch" Vander [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(3) R3 Astromech
(3) Seismic Charges
(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(47) Garven Dreis [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(3) Selfless

(36) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]
(6) Mag-Pulse Warheads
(2) Daredevil

Total points: 200

Here is why... R2-D2 is extremely expensive on Garven. And you want him to spend Focus results. That means keeping guns on target. He is second most tanky ship in your list, because the 1 Agility pilots will go down in flames quite fast.

Ion Cannon Turret on Dutch is a splendid idea. I swapped your R4 for an R3 to better tap into his pilot ability. It might happen, quite often in fact, that by the time he gets to shoot, his Locked target is dead. It is nice to have alternatives. You might consider dropping the turret, seismics, selfless and daredevil to fit Proton Torpedoes on the Y-Wing. That's how I fly this list.

Jake with Ion Missiles is good, although I would pick the new Mag-Pulse Warheads. You force a Jam on an enemy. And let me tell you, stripping tokens before the rest of your party can unload is massive. Daredevil just adds a lot more agility to the already nimble A-Wing. And he can still shoot Missiles, if Dutch shares him the Lock.

One option worth considering is Ion Torpedoes on Dutch Vader.  Dutch loves torps, since he loves to Lock, and Ions are pretty cheap (but Proton Torpedoes are great).  I'm with @Schanez that R2-D2 is probably a bit too expensive on Garven and isn't really needed, so that'd open up a lot of points.

I don't really love missiles on Jake.  Jake typically does best taking a movement action into a focus (or Roll -> Focus -> Red Boost), so he often won't have time for Locks.

Thanks for the response guys, I see what you guys mean with R2-D2 being to expensive. I'm happy that this list was not garbage :D

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

One option worth considering is Ion Torpedoes on Dutch Vader.  Dutch loves torps, since he loves to Lock, and Ions are pretty cheap (but Proton Torpedoes are great).  I'm with @Schanez that R2-D2 is probably a bit too expensive on Garven and isn't really needed, so that'd open up a lot of points.

I don't really love missiles on Jake.  Jake typically does best taking a movement action into a focus (or Roll -> Focus -> Red Boost), so he often won't have time for Locks.

About the lock for Jake, I thought that Dutch could provide him with that. If Ten Numb doesn't need it or is out of range.

I will make some adjustments and come up with the new list. Is this the best site for squadlists by the way?

17 minutes ago, StendertSteen said:

Thanks for the response guys, I see what you guys mean with R2-D2 being to expensive. 

About the lock for Jake, I thought that Dutch could provide him with that. If Ten Numb doesn't need it or is out of range.

I will make some adjustments and come up with the new list. Is this the best site for squadlists by the way?

Jake's kinda the 3rd best target, though, since Garven would also enjoy a lock.

I guess a missile is probably OK.

This is the correct place on these forums, at least.  Whether it's the best or any even any good at all, well, that remains to be seen. ;}

19 minutes ago, StendertSteen said:

I'm happy that this list was not garbage :D

Yep, pretty reasonable "salad" list.  Decent ingredient ships all tossed together.  It won't necessarily win every game, but there's enough there that you haven't necessarily ruined your chances before you hit the table.

My own way of saying this tends to be: no bad pilots, no bad upgrades, no excessively fiddly synergies, and no inappropriate bids.

• No one here is a bad pilot.
    • There aren't too many truly bad pilots out there.  Mostly, bad pilots have hard-to-use abilities of limited use.  Here, everyone just works.
  • The upgrades are mostly solid.
    • There aren't awkward talents which don't make sense, or upgrades which pull you in too many directions with your actions and weapons.  With only one action and one attack per turn, it's usually best not to double up.  There are exceptions, but think hard about it, and make sure you need both.
  • Synergies, as the exist here, are pretty natural.  There's some token sharing, but it's not really going to be horrible for the list if it doesn't happen.
    • It's generally best for most things to be mostly self-sufficient.  Relying too hard on another ship for a trick can go wrong pretty quickly on the table.
  • This list is totally fine without a bid, so 0 is an appropriate level.  Most lists are fine building right to 200 (or at least really close, like 198-199).  Some aces really want deep bids.
    • If a list isn't one of those ace-based ones which wants a deep bid, having too much bid might be a sign of something wrong.  It's easy to imagine that a list has a few marginal upgrades and mid-initiative pilots, but a large-ish bid.  That probably comes from the tetris not quite working out, the building blocks not fitting together tightly enough.  Sometimes, even good ships don't really fit together well, and there's either too much empty space or too many weak upgrades, and maybe it'd be best to go back to the drawing board, change around some pilots, etc etc.

image.png.bb5bfbfcf81a8f8b8be3582e4656a2ed.png

Ok so this is the list with the adjustments. I'm just wondering isn't selfless pretty hard to get use out of? It means I would have to fly Garven close to my other pilots in order to make any use of it's ability.

And what are considered the most solid rebels squads for HS?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, StendertSteen said:

image.png.bb5bfbfcf81a8f8b8be3582e4656a2ed.png

Ok so this is the list with the adjustments. I'm just wondering isn't selfless pretty hard to get use out of? It means I would have to fly Garven close to my other pilots in order to make any use of it's ability.

And what are considered the most solid rebels squads for HS?

An alternative I came up with... Stripping Jake of Missiles to let him be the agile and nimble I4 he is.

• Ten Numb + Fire-Control System + Autoblasters + Stabilized S-Foils (55)
  • "Dutch" Vander + Ion Cannon Turret + R3 Astromech + Seismic Charges (51)
  • Garven Dreis  + Adv. Proton Torpedoes + Servomotor S-Foils (53)
  • Jake Farrell + Daredevil (38)

Technically... Ten Numb can fly mostly solo, as he can Roll > Red Lock for double mods on first attack and potential single mod on second.

"Dutch" wants to stick in Ranges 1-3 to Garven, although his pilot ability is crucial for Ten during a turn around phase. The magic of Ten+Dutch is, that B-Wing can do a red maneuver and still get full mods on his attacks, thanks to te Y-Wings ability not being an action. The remaining 3 points can be used to up the Seismic Charges into Ion Bombs, potentially leading to a two turn ionization. A bit less damage, but a very decent "don't go behind me" tool. Alternatively for 1 point bid you can swap them for Proton Bombs. Less reliable on debries to trigger, but at the same time offering less range coverage.

Garven now has a very potent Range 1, that Dutch can initiate. It won't come into play often, but now he can be a dangerous hammer with double mods. Rarely will you blank out on such an attack.

Jake is free to do a Roll > pilot ability Focus > ship ability Red Boost every turn. With the amount of great Blues, it is a solid choice for the ship. Alternatively you can strip Daredevil and give him Ion Missiles, if you feel like having more controll.

EDIT:

About Solid Rebel Squads for HS... I have been tinkering with such:

• Lando Calrissian + Nien Nunb + Leia Organa
  • Braylen Stramm + Autoblasters + Stabilized S-Foils
  • Ten Numb + Stabilized S-Foils

Or what I am currently flying:

• Ten Numb + Fire-Control System + Autoblasters + Stabilized S-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander + Proton Torpedoes + R3 Astromech
  • Garven Dreis  + Servomotor S-Foils
  • Jake Farrell + Mag-Pulse Warheads

Some success has seen the 5 X-Wing swarm. I have also considering flying the twins with Arvel:

• Leia Organa + C-3PO
  • Luke Skywalker + R2-D2 + Servomotor S-Foils
  • Arvel Crynyd + Intimidation + Daredevil
Edited by Schanez

Thank you for your feedback, I will try those all out once I have the oportunity!

I like the falcon and b-wings, I came up with something similar.

Chewbacca (71)    
    C-3PO (8)    
    Leia Organa (7)    

Ship total: 86  Half Points: 43  Threshold: 7    

Braylen Stramm (52)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    Stabilized S-Foils (2)    

Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 4    

Ten Numb (48)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    Stabilized S-Foils (2)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 4    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZhZ200Z44XWWW18W46WWWY73XW113W232WWWW313Y74XW113W232WWWW313&sn=New Squadron&obs=

I know you’re all into the b-wings but if you ever feel the need for some more substantial support on your rebel squad whilst maintaining solid firepower, durability, and surprisingly solid agility. Look no further than the U-wing my friend. I don’t know if you have the original set and its pilots but Saw’s 3 pilots are all great in their own right, if you feel you’re lacking in green tokens as you keep stressing or boosting, Benthic with Leia, Perceptive copilot Or one or the other is amazing value. Saw really helps ships that tend to go in heavy and helps your heavy hitters give an even bigger punch if they’ve been punched. Magva is probably the least utilitous considering the U lost its torpedo slot and you have Dutch. Consider giving these babies a whirl! I promise you, their dial is misleading, their full stop turns are deadly.

22 minutes ago, Xp45 said:

I know you’re all into the b-wings but if you ever feel the need for some more substantial support on your rebel squad whilst maintaining solid firepower, durability, and surprisingly solid agility. Look no further than the U-wing my friend. I don’t know if you have the original set and its pilots but Saw’s 3 pilots are all great in their own right, if you feel you’re lacking in green tokens as you keep stressing or boosting, Benthic with Leia, Perceptive copilot Or one or the other is amazing value. Saw really helps ships that tend to go in heavy and helps your heavy hitters give an even bigger punch if they’ve been punched. Magva is probably the least utilitous considering the U lost its torpedo slot and you have Dutch. Consider giving these babies a whirl! I promise you, their dial is misleading, their full stop turns are deadly.

Thank you for your suggestion but I'm looking for HS legal squadlists. I hope they will make the U-wing HS legal some time I really like the ship! :D

12 hours ago, StendertSteen said:

Thank you for your feedback, I will try those all out once I have the oportunity!

I like the falcon and b-wings, I came up with something similar.

Chewbacca (71)    
    C-3PO (8)    
    Leia Organa (7)    

Ship total: 86  Half Points: 43  Threshold: 7    

Braylen Stramm (52)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    Stabilized S-Foils (2)    

Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 4    

Ten Numb (48)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Autoblasters (3)    
    Stabilized S-Foils (2)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 4    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZhZ200Z44XWWW18W46WWWY73XW113W232WWWW313Y74XW113W232WWWW313&sn=New Squadron&obs=

The trick with Lando in the Falcon, is that you can give Braylen two actions. He wants to Focus > Red Roll usually. But the B-Foils require him to take a Lock action. Thus you have two attacks, on both you can reroll up to two die and have a Focus to spend as well. While I think, going for Chewbacca is a neat idea, you will fall short on modified attacks. But then again, you add yourself an additional attack. So the question of Quantity vs Quality comes up. So a few changes and why I think them necessary.

1. Chewbacca: K-2SO, Leia Organa
  2. Braylen Stramm: Autoblsters, Stabilised S-Foils
  3. Ten Numb: Autoblasters, Fire-Control System, Stabilised S-Foils

First of all YT-1300. Swapping C-3PO for K-2SO. While I think that C-3PO is aazing on the Falcon, I think that sharing a Calculate and Stress is amazing in this list. Far more potent than an additional evade on the Falcon. You will open up the potential to Bump with Braylen and still have full mods on your attack, given that Calculate is not a Focus, but it is something. you can also share it to Braylen and then do a blue and Roll > Red Lock into full mods on two attacks. Leia Organa is a very solid pick on this list, because B-Wings love their Rolls, especially after a Red Maneuver. Just a quality of life pick, I think every Rebel list should have, if they can fit her.

Secondly Braylen. You do not need Fire-Control System on him. While he is stressed, he can reroll up to two die during attack or defense. The probability of blanking out on all three attack die is quite low. And since you can reroll a die only once, FCS is quite redundant on him. The rest is a solid Double Tap B-Wing.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:43 AM, Schanez said:

An alternative I came up with... Stripping Jake of Missiles to let him be the agile and nimble I4 he is.

• Ten Numb + Fire-Control System + Autoblasters + Stabilized S-Foils (55)
  • "Dutch" Vander + Ion Cannon Turret + R3 Astromech + Seismic Charges (51)
  • Garven Dreis  + Adv. Proton Torpedoes + Servomotor S-Foils (53)
  • Jake Farrell + Daredevil (38)

Technically... Ten Numb can fly mostly solo, as he can Roll > Red Lock for double mods on first attack and potential single mod on second.

"Dutch" wants to stick in Ranges 1-3 to Garven, although his pilot ability is crucial for Ten during a turn around phase. The magic of Ten+Dutch is, that B-Wing can do a red maneuver and still get full mods on his attacks, thanks to te Y-Wings ability not being an action. The remaining 3 points can be used to up the Seismic Charges into Ion Bombs, potentially leading to a two turn ionization. A bit less damage, but a very decent "don't go behind me" tool. Alternatively for 1 point bid you can swap them for Proton Bombs. Less reliable on debries to trigger, but at the same time offering less range coverage.

Garven now has a very potent Range 1, that Dutch can initiate. It won't come into play often, but now he can be a dangerous hammer with double mods. Rarely will you blank out on such an attack.

Jake is free to do a Roll > pilot ability Focus > ship ability Red Boost every turn. With the amount of great Blues, it is a solid choice for the ship. Alternatively you can strip Daredevil and give him Ion Missiles, if you feel like having more controll.

EDIT:

About Solid Rebel Squads for HS... I have been tinkering with such:

• Lando Calrissian + Nien Nunb + Leia Organa
  • Braylen Stramm + Autoblasters + Stabilized S-Foils
  • Ten Numb + Stabilized S-Foils

Or what I am currently flying:

• Ten Numb + Fire-Control System + Autoblasters + Stabilized S-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander + Proton Torpedoes + R3 Astromech
  • Garven Dreis  + Servomotor S-Foils
  • Jake Farrell + Mag-Pulse Warheads

Some success has seen the 5 X-Wing swarm. I have also considering flying the twins with Arvel:

• Leia Organa + C-3PO
  • Luke Skywalker + R2-D2 + Servomotor S-Foils
  • Arvel Crynyd + Intimidation + Daredevil

Jake can also Roll > Pilot Ability Focus > Red Boost > Ship Ability Friendly ship at range 0-1 may perform a Focus action.  Odds of him being at 0-1 range of a friendly ship are probably slim (especially mid game)...

After playing a match with this squad:

image.png.6098c6d5d1d16b7417eaf9f7a943a1d8.png

I felt I wanted to change some things. The Hull Upgrade was pretty useless but it was there to fill the points. The Adv. Proton Torpedoes are very situational and Garven has an ok 3 atk already. And I really loved Jake but felt that above range 1 his attack is pretty weak.

So these are the changes I came up with.

image.png.da983df18c6ebb1b91d5377081c8c57f.png

This way Garven gets a bit more staying power and I countered the fact that Jake has a bad 2-3 range atk this gives him much more versatility in my opinion.

I will try this out next time I have a change to play and let you guys know how it went.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:22 PM, StendertSteen said:

After playing a match with this squad:

image.png.6098c6d5d1d16b7417eaf9f7a943a1d8.png

I felt I wanted to change some things. The Hull Upgrade was pretty useless but it was there to fill the points. The Adv. Proton Torpedoes are very situational and Garven has an ok 3 atk already. And I really loved Jake but felt that above range 1 his attack is pretty weak.

So these are the changes I came up with.

image.png.da983df18c6ebb1b91d5377081c8c57f.png

This way Garven gets a bit more staying power and I countered the fact that Jake has a bad 2-3 range atk this gives him much more versatility in my opinion.

I will try this out next time I have a change to play and let you guys know how it went.

This is more or less what I am flying right now. Although I don't take R5 on Garven and slap Jake with Mag-Pulse Warheads instead. Then Jake can use his missiles to strip green tokens if needed and set up the ship to be utterly defenceless against the rest of the squadron. But this is a very solid build you have there. An interesting option is to take Selfless on Garven instead of Ion Missiles to utilise the R5 more and help B-Wing survive.