Sign in to follow this  
Mon no Oni

New silhouettes. Speculation game stars again! *** SOLVED!!

17 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

If it is a guy on a couch, that's gotta be a bottle of cheese-wiz (honestly I was thinking nunchucks).

16 hours ago, t4leswapper said:

The silhouette is definitely a guy sitting on a couch. He's holding a canned beverage in his right hand and a TV remote in his left.

I'd say he's holding a bottle of beer by the neck of the bottle... but to keep the game 'family friendly' they may make it a bottle of water or soda.

Cheese-Whiz would be hilarious, though.  🙂

32 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

Unless FFG decides to double up releases later all these releases are getting pushed back by two months.

Yep.  According to the Upcoming page, the hero packs are one-per-month from June-August, and RotRS is September... so you're right, it would make sense that these would start in October.

Unless everything gets pushed back further, of course.

Heres my guesses for the heroes. Yes i've read through this thread already. In order: Iron fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Night Nurse. I'm not too good with Marvel villains so i'm not even gonna try on that one.

It seems an online retailer leak has solved it for us:

Not oficially confirmed yet:

• MC11 - XXXXX Scenario Pack (2020/08) ***probably Kang
  • MC12 - Ant-Man Hero Pack (2020/09) ***online retailer leak
  • MC13 - Wasp Hero Pack (2020/10) ***online retailer leak
  • MC14 - Quicksilver Hero Pack (2020/11) ***online retailer leak
  • MC15 - Scarlet Witch Hero Pack (2020/12) ***online retailer leak

Posted (edited)

Now I wonder which version of Ant-Man / Wasp will it be. The line-up seems to point to a classic Avengers roster (thus Hank Pym/Janet van Dyne), but these could also be their most recent versions (Scott Lang/Hope Pym). Also, it could be mix and match (one classic, the other modern).

EDIT: Now I see that, while there is a Hope Pym in the comics, she doesn't belong to the main continuiity, so it will be classic Wasp most probably. The jury is out on Ant-Man, then. While it would make more sense it was the classic one, to complete the original Avengers line-up, a case can be made that the modern is more popular because of the movies.

Edited by Mon no Oni

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

Now I wonder which version of Ant-Man / Wasp will it be. The line-up seems to point to a classic Avengers roster (thus Hank Pym/Janet van Dyne), but these could also be their most recent versions (Scott Lang/Hope Pym). Also, it could be mix and match (one classic, the other modern).

EDIT: Now I see that, while there is a Hope Pym in the comics, she doesn't belong to the main continuiity, so it will be classic Wasp most probably. The jury is out on Ant-Man, then. While it would make more sense it was the classic one, to complete the original Avengers line-up, a case can be made that the modern is more popular because of the movies.

Ultimately they could do both, so why not start with the original?

edit: @Mon no Oni what retailer?

Edited by Derrault

Lounging on a couch is about 99% more Scott Lang than Hank Pym. Which would seem to point towards a Nadia Van Dyne Wasp, but it's hard to say. Part of me hopes they do go with Scott and Janet, and they could maybe come with Nadia/Hope (more or less the same character, just named differently based on which continuity, as far as I can tell) and Hank as their signature Allies.

15 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Lounging on a couch is about 99% more Scott Lang than Hank Pym. Which would seem to point towards a Nadia Van Dyne Wasp, but it's hard to say. Part of me hopes they do go with Scott and Janet, and they could maybe come with Nadia/Hope (more or less the same character, just named differently based on which continuity, as far as I can tell) and Hank as their signature Allies.

Yeah, I’m going to guess Scott Lang and Janet Van Dyne versions. I suspect if there were a Hank Pym version, he wouldn’t be Ant Man (as he hasn’t really gone by Ant Man in the comics for a long time). As the game is based more on the comics than the MCU, Janet makes the most sense - she’s a Founding Avenger and has been the leader many times. She’s a fairly prominent Avenger.

If true, of the new heroes above, I'll mostly be looking forward to Quicksilver to see how FFG captures the feel of a speedster powerset.

I worry that Ant-Man and Wasp might prove to be too similar; especially being released one straight after the other.

8 minutes ago, Janaka said:

If true, of the new heroes above, I'll mostly be looking forward to Quicksilver to see how FFG captures the feel of a speedster powerset.

I worry that Ant-Man and Wasp might prove to be too similar; especially being released one straight after the other.

While they might have some similarities in terms of being able to shrink, which could mean some cross over potential, their power sets are also quite distinct (and they were both on the original comic line up of the Avengers).

Ant-Man has insect control powers (and potentially Giant Man powers as well) while Wasp has flight and bio electric wasp stings.

In terms of Aspects, I’m going to guess the following:

- Ant-Man: Justice (The only aspect in the second set if heroes without a full deck, makes sense for a ‘heist’ type of character)

- Wasp: Leadership (has lead the Avengers many times)

- Quicksilver: Aggression (not too convinced about this one, but he’s a hot headed guy)

- Scarlet Witch: Protection (her powers are generally played for influencing the outcome of things, but could work for anything really).

On 5/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, SpiderMana said:

Or comeback with Hank as Giant Man.

18 hours ago, FearLord said:

In terms of Aspects, I’m going to guess the following:

- Ant-Man: Justice (The only aspect in the second set if heroes without a full deck, makes sense for a ‘heist’ type of character)

- Wasp: Leadership (has lead the Avengers many times)

- Quicksilver: Aggression (not too convinced about this one, but he’s a hot headed guy)

- Scarlet Witch: Protection (her powers are generally played for influencing the outcome of things, but could work for anything really).

I definitely agree with Wasp being Leadership and out of the four of them Quicksilver probably fits Aggression the best for the reason you gave.

If it is Ant-Man (Hank Pym) I could see it being Ant-Man: Protection and Scarlet Witch: Justice. Dr. Pym's biochemistry knowledge was used as a stand-in for medicine on a few occasions and Justice could align with Scarlet Witch's hex powers messing with the villain's plans.

5 hours ago, Assussanni said:

I definitely agree with Wasp being Leadership and out of the four of them Quicksilver probably fits Aggression the best for the reason you gave.

If it is Ant-Man (Hank Pym) I could see it being Ant-Man: Protection and Scarlet Witch: Justice. Dr. Pym's biochemistry knowledge was used as a stand-in for medicine on a few occasions and Justice could align with Scarlet Witch's hex powers messing with the villain's plans.

So Protection first makes sense considering we’re getting Leadership, Justice, and Aggression in the box right before these heroes. But even after the story box, we’ll only have 1.5 Justice Hero decks compared to at least 2 of each of the other aspects.

I agree Wasp Leadership makes the most sense (especially if it’s Janet, who seems like the obvious choice), but of Aggression comes before Justice we will have 3.5 Aggression Heroes released while still not having made progress from the 1.5 Justice.

4 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

So Protection first makes sense considering we’re getting Leadership, Justice, and Aggression in the box right before these heroes. But even after the story box, we’ll only have 1.5 Justice Hero decks compared to at least 2 of each of the other aspects.

I agree Wasp Leadership makes the most sense (especially if it’s Janet, who seems like the obvious choice), but of Aggression comes before Justice we will have 3.5 Aggression Heroes released while still not having made progress from the 1.5 Justice.

I don’t think they’re adhering to any ordering of them based on existing information:

1) Ms. Marvel - Protection
2) Captain America - Leadership
3) Thor - Aggression 
4) Black Widow - Justice

5) Doctor Strange - Protection
6) Hulk - Aggression
7) Hawkeye - Leadership
8 Spider-woman - Justice (and Aggression)

Arguably, a new cycle starts with Pym/Lang. 

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

I don’t think they’re adhering to any ordering of them based on existing information

Specific order, no. But they’ve said that the hero/aspect combinations and the order of release are somewhat dependent on which aspect needs more compared to the other aspects. I absolutely expect that they take those kind of things into account.

22 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Specific order, no. But they’ve said that the hero/aspect combinations and the order of release are somewhat dependent on which aspect needs more compared to the other aspects. I absolutely expect that they take those kind of things into account.

I hope so. Justice really needs more cards. They all do, but Justice seems to not be getting the same love as the other aspects. And I say that as somebody who loves Aggression, which could certainly use more cards, too.

4 hours ago, Derrault said:

7) Hawkeye - Leadership

8 Spider-woman - Justice (and Aggression)

Arguably, a new cycle starts with Pym/Lang. 

Is Hawkeye/Spider-Woman part of the cycle?  They are in the box set which could be outside the cycle

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, maniakmedic said:

I hope so. Justice really needs more cards. They all do, but Justice seems to not be getting the same love as the other aspects. And I say that as somebody who loves Aggression, which could certainly use more cards, too.

Yeah, I think there are still a few Aggro cards from Hulk we haven’t seen and the ones we have seen open up a lot of options for the aspect.

edit:

@IceHot42 They seem pretty adamant  so far about there not being traditional “cycles” for this game. The balance of aspects is supposed to be pretty fluid overall, as I understand it.

Edited by SpiderMana

Posted (edited)

In my opinion, the 2nd group of 4 is Dr Strange, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Spiderwoman, making these 4 the 3rd group of 4.

Antman Protection makes sense for thematic reasons and because the story box has no Protection cards.

The tricky thing is that of the 4, Wasp is the best candidate for both Leadership and Justice. And both aspects are not a perfect fit for any of the other 3.

Aggression could be with either Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch.

Edited by Deadwolf