Sign in to follow this  
Mon no Oni

New silhouettes. Speculation game stars again! *** SOLVED!!

Bottom two have to be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
Just wondering if they will have the Mutant trait or not

If they will do Ant-Man, please let it be Henry Pym
I like Scott Lang (even though they changed the comic version into the Paul Rudd version), but Pym is the original

The villain is most likely Kang, iconic Avengers villain and rumored next big bad in the movies, but might be a too big a name for a "mere" scenario pack
High Evolutionary maybe...

Yeah, villain pack definitely looks like it could be Kang. HE tends to have more of a pronounced crest so I think he's less likely.

I think Quicksilver is likely for November due to the little bit of hair on the silhouette which Quicksilver usually has, and the likelihood that December is Wanda. 

The other two honestly don't really have enough to narrow them down. 

8 hours ago, Derrault said:

The hand gesture, maybe, but the hair doesn’t match up. The hair doesn’t work on Reyes either, not based on the art I’m finding from googling. 

The hair from that art, no - but some others could fit.

1 hour ago, cheapmate said:

Bottom two have to be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
Just wondering if they will have the Mutant trait or not

If they will do Ant-Man, please let it be Henry Pym
I like Scott Lang (even though they changed the comic version into the Paul Rudd version), but Pym is the original

The villain is most likely Kang, iconic Avengers villain and rumored next big bad in the movies, but might be a too big a name for a "mere" scenario pack
High Evolutionary maybe...

I think Kang is likely - I wouldn’t worry too much about it being ‘just’ a scenario pack - scenario packs are big enough for them to be pretty out there - of the 2 we’ve seen, we can see they can go in a variety of ways.

The Core Set scenarios are 21, 21 and 25 cards each. Rise of Red Skull Villain decks range from 19 to 31 cards (although some of these may be campaign rewards only) and the Green Goblin Scenarios are 24 and 31 cards respectively.

its possible in a pack of 78 cards for them to run up to 3 scenarios (Ramatut, Kang and Immortus?) while also having say 2 modules... or even a single scenario where different versions of Kang pop out or environment cards that represent different time periods - lots of cool possibilities, and I don’t think the scenario pack format needs to hold them back at all.

I could see an argument that it’s Zemo, but personally just after the campaign pack releases with a heavy Hydra theme (and Hydra is arguably the heaviest theme we’ve seen in the encounter cards we’ve seen so far anyway) I’d like to see them explore something else.

The last 2 I’m pretty convinced are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but not sure about the first 2 heroes...

28 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

If the last two really do end up being Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch I think it's pretty much guaranteed we'll see an X-Men related box and follow-on cycle.

Id be excited for a Scarlett Witch hero, but I've always found quicksilver pretty dull, so I'm hoping my guess is right and its Daredevil, as I'd love him as a hero.

21 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

I'm guessing you haven't read either of these threads... we all thought that too, but now it's pretty obvious the silhouette is someone sitting on a couch with a bottle in one hand and a remote in the other.  Not to say it can't be a martial artist... just that the picture isn't a martial arts 

unnamed.gif

18 hours ago, PastrySandwich said:

Shang-Chi, he is going to get a big push from Marvel here soon

Game designers have said they don’t get push to make certain product based on TV and movie releases. For instance, Clone Wars for X-Wing and Legion were designed and manufactured without any knowledge of a new season on Disney+. 

Plus, Spider Woman and She Hulk have not been featured in MCU at all. 

19 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Update from the Discord discussion: November looks like they might be holding a basketball-sized object in their left arm (right side of the image). It could be nothing, but if this is the case our best guess is Robbie Reyes holding a helmet. His hair also fits the silhouette very closely, and he would work well with Scarlet Witch, together leading towards a Dormamu-centered box.

I'd still rather get Quicksilver, but I think this is most likely.

This makes so much sense!

I was wondering how they would fit in diversity since all the guesses have been a bunch of white folks (and possibility of an android). Robbie Reyes fits the silhouette and diversifies the game to be more inclusive of a broader player base. 

So... Captain Marvel has a triple energy card. Hulk has a triple physical card. Any ideas for a triple mental resource card that might change any predictions for this next set?

Part of me feels like Professor X deserves to have triple-mental saved for him, as he's the strongest mental-based character I can think of. I guess Jean Grey is technically more powerful than he is, but she's not portrayed at full strength as often, that I'm aware of? Reed Richards is another smart character, but it's not where his powers are based. Franklin Richards seems like a better candidate for sheer mental power than his dad, but Idk that reality-warping powers quite fit that bill either. PLUS none of those seem too likely to show up for another year or two.

So... is Vision worth the card? Anyone else? Or will they just save it for later?

56 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

So... Captain Marvel has a triple energy card. Hulk has a triple physical card. Any ideas for a triple mental resource card that might change any predictions for this next set?

Part of me feels like Professor X deserves to have triple-mental saved for him, as he's the strongest mental-based character I can think of. I guess Jean Grey is technically more powerful than he is, but she's not portrayed at full strength as often, that I'm aware of? Reed Richards is another smart character, but it's not where his powers are based. Franklin Richards seems like a better candidate for sheer mental power than his dad, but Idk that reality-warping powers quite fit that bill either. PLUS none of those seem too likely to show up for another year or two.

So... is Vision worth the card? Anyone else? Or will they just save it for later?

Id guess Dr Strange will have a triple mental.

6 hours ago, smickletz said:

Game designers have said they don’t get push to make certain product based on TV and movie releases. For instance, Clone Wars for X-Wing and Legion were designed and manufactured without any knowledge of a new season on Disney+.

Well have I got some swamp land in Florida to sell you...

13 minutes ago, PastrySandwich said:

Well have I got some swamp land in Florida to sell you...

Just saying if the announcement is made and the voice actors know nothing about the show at the time, then the timeline is backwards (see Sam Witwer interview). Game devs want to give players a good product, not an advertisement. I don’t think Marvel Champions is coinciding with the MCU.

Notice no Resistance/First Order in Legion. 

On 4/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, SpiderMana said:

I tried him out on TTS, his invocations are bonkers good.

Where did you find his deck on TTS? I'm not able to find it and my internet is beyond sloooooow because everybody is staying home so even searches are giving me issues.

54 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

Where did you find his deck on TTS? I'm not able to find it and my internet is beyond sloooooow because everybody is staying home so even searches are giving me issues.

Above the regular table there's a bigger section with some homebrew and spoiled content. All a part of the main mod by Crimson (it's the only mod I've subbed to).