Sign in to follow this  
L0STHER0

The Rise of Red Skull Article is up

29 minutes ago, Daft Blazer said:

I really want it to be Ant Man and Squirrel Girl, just I can get those two on the table! ūü§™

I would love to include these 2 as well!!!!!
My guesses would be:
Scenario pack: Kang the Conqueror
Hero Pack september: Ant-man
Hero Pack october: Squirrel Girl (maybe Wasp?)
Hero pack november: Quicksilver
Hero pack december: Scarlet Witch

So, seeing as how this is the Red Skull article thread (with a silhouette guessing thread next door) I'm going to make some comments about the new box:

There has been some speculation that Hawkeye has no Signature Ally, since his bow is taking up the #1 spot in his deck.  However, on the stream, they specifically said his deck has 6 new allies, 1 signature and 5 others.  To add to that, there's a rather interesting card on the Spanish fan that has been seen around the place.  It's a side-scheme, with only a fraction of the text visible.  But that text has the word Barton in it.  The border is also a colour-scheme that isn't associated with any of the 5 villains in the box - red & white.  Therefore, I conclude that this is the Side-scheme for Hawkeye's Nemesis, and that the Nemesis is Crossfire.  The art on that card is from the front cover of Hawkeye and Mockingbird issue 3, and the text has the beginning of the Spanish translation of her name.  To me, that is basically a clear indication that Mockingbird (a new version) is Hawkeye's signature ally.

3 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

So, seeing as how this is the Red Skull article thread (with a silhouette guessing thread next door) I'm going to make some comments about the new box:

There has been some speculation that Hawkeye has no Signature Ally, since his bow is taking up the #1 spot in his deck.  However, on the stream, they specifically said his deck has 6 new allies, 1 signature and 5 others.  To add to that, there's a rather interesting card on the Spanish fan that has been seen around the place.  It's a side-scheme, with only a fraction of the text visible.  But that text has the word Barton in it.  The border is also a colour-scheme that isn't associated with any of the 5 villains in the box - red & white.  Therefore, I conclude that this is the Side-scheme for Hawkeye's Nemesis, and that the Nemesis is Crossfire.  The art on that card is from the front cover of Hawkeye and Mockingbird issue 3, and the text has the beginning of the Spanish translation of her name.  To me, that is basically a clear indication that Mockingbird (a new version) is Hawkeye's signature ally.

Clint's brother, Barney, who goes by 'Trickshot' also wears a red costume and would make a lot of sense as Clint's nemesis.

Posted (edited)

The biggest thing from this article for me is that the new cycle is starting in August, which means FFG is ignoring their parent company's decree to delay all products a month. We're going to get double packs one month then.

For the reveals, the scenarios didn't really get previewed too much, hawkeye looks like he could be neat but he's event-based and we don't know his events. I had a total "thanks I hate it" moment with Spider-Woman there is so much I dislike which is too bad for a cool character.

Edited by Supertoe

7 minutes ago, Supertoe said:

The biggest thing from this article for me is that the new cycle is starting in August, which means FFG is ignoring their parent company's decree to delay all products a month. We're going to get double packs one month then.

For the reveals, the scenarios didn't really get previewed too much, hawkeye looks like he could be neat but he's event-based and we don't know his events. I had a total "thanks I hate it" moment with Spider-Woman there is so much I dislike which is too bad for a cool character.

The announcement article and picture was done before the delay order was stated. They didn't have time to change the article/picture to reflect the delay.

I am incredibly excited about the campaign pack - lots of great content:

- 2 new heroes - Hawkeye seems interesting, and will be bringing a bunch of new Leadership allies into the mix, but Spider-Woman is incredibly exciting, with some hugely interesting deck building opportunities.

- 5 New Scenarios - nearly doubling what we currently have (and the next release will be a scenario pack for at least one more) - this is a huge influx of new content to play against, and some really cool and thematic villains like Crossbones, Absorbing Man and Taskmaster.

- 5 New Keywords - this is super interesting to me, as it means more complex interactions, and interesting new wrinkles to play against.

- 3 new modules - always good to freshen up some of the older scenarios.

- Campaign mode - the ability to play linked up scenarios will be fun and thematic - it looks like there will be some unique campaign specific cards to be won from scenarios (Taskmaster’s Deck contains a While Tiger ally card for instance) - lots of cool possibilities.

All in all, it looks like massive value and a huge release for the game!

Posted (edited)

Hawkeye looks like a lot of fun to play, especially if you are a fan of aggressive, event based type heroes. Looks like he doesn't require a ton of set up and has a very toolbox-y kit. However, unlike the other high atk, low thw heroes, he also has low def and hp so I think he will be tricky to play.

Spider Woman is just a cool hero who can go in so many different directions. Aggression/Justice for an extremely versatile hero, Aggression/Protection for an aggressive hero who has a tonne of ready effects and cheap cards to pump up her stats, Protection/Justice for an incredible control type hero, Leadership/Justice for a unique hero who plays primarily out of Alter-ego, and Leadership/Aggression or Protection for an ally based deck with some cool combos regular leadership cant do.

And yeah, beyond of the heroes, 5 new scenarios that can be played individually or in a campaign (with a 6th scenario coming the month after) will really invigorate the game.

Super hyped.

Edited by Deadwolf

1 hour ago, Deadwolf said:

Leadership/Aggression or Protection for an ally based deck with some cool combos regular leadership cant do.

Leadership/Protection to heal up your own allies¬†has me¬†seriously¬†ūü§Į. Yes this is something you can do in team play already, but in all circumstances letting the other heroes manage other problems while you can take care of that yourself seems to me very significant.

12 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

Leadership/Protection to heal up your own allies¬†has me¬†seriously¬†ūü§Į. Yes this is something you can do in team play already, but in all circumstances letting the other heroes manage other problems while you can take care of that yourself seems to me very significant.

Personally, I think I prefer going the cheap cards route in order to pump up her stats. But I do think there is merit with going more expensive cards with 4 power of cards.

Building her decks will be tricky. You only get 10-11 cards per aspect.

1 minute ago, Daft Blazer said:

The new Hawkeye Ally looks amazing, pair  with get ready for some really big damage!

New Hawkeye does damage equal to the resource on the card, not the cost. So 1 card for 1 damage (unless you discard a double resource).

In theory, heroes like Hulk and Captain Marvel can use her for some pretty high damage, but I think generally you’ll have better stuff to spend resources on. What I see her being good for is a consistent use for that last card you can’t really do anything with in your hand, and 1 damage can be extremely valuable in this game if you’re trying to deal with tough or Ultron Drones...

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

Personally, I think I prefer going the cheap cards route in order to pump up her stats. But I do think there is merit with going more expensive cards with 4 power of cards.

Building her decks will be tricky. You only get 10-11 cards per aspect.

Realistically Leadership is only 7 card because 3 Make the Call are already staples in Leadership decks. 

Edited by Hyperjayman
Removal of sentence

1 hour ago, Hyperjayman said:

Realistically Leadership is only 7 card because 3 Make the Call are already staples in Leadership decks. 

I often only run 2 but Leadership has so many good cards that if you wanted to, you could probably skip it all together. I probably would run it in Leadership/Protection or Justice. But with Leadership/Aggression, I would lean into the combo with Enrage + ally (wonderman works well)+teamwork (and can also add inspired). I'm not sure you could really fit Make the call into that deck.

2 hours ago, Hyperjayman said:

Especially for Spider-Woman, I think you'll be able to thin those out at least a bit. I think the best build I've seen so far is Leadership + Protection, to put out expensive Allies and then heal them to keep them up for a long time; or the thing I personally want to try--depending a little bit on the rest of her signature cards--pure Spider-Woman buff deck. Probably Leadership and Aggression, focused on Morale Boost and some of the "your attack gains +X for this attack," because both of those boost the rest of her stats considerably. And both of those aspects have plenty of cheap cards, so you could potentially go fully the other direction from the expensive deck, and not even include some of the double resource cards.

On 4/2/2020 at 4:10 PM, Derrault said:

Quicksilver.

Edit: Horn hair points (eh eh?) to a couple or three options, but I’d be inclined to go with Quicksilver because of the pose. Doesn’t really scream Logan to me, or even Beast.

I feared Starfox when I saw that (he isnt going to be in the Eternals movie is he?)

I think Jessica Jones is an option (October)

Monica Rambeau would be cool we could use a third Captain/Ms "Marvel" Heroine but none of the images seem to fit

and Scarlet Witch seems likely but Ill toss out the Marvel Divas with Angelica Jones (Firestar)

On 4/4/2020 at 9:33 AM, SpiderMana said:

Especially for Spider-Woman, I think you'll be able to thin those out at least a bit. I think the best build I've seen so far is Leadership + Protection, to put out expensive Allies and then heal them to keep them up for a long time; or the thing I personally want to try--depending a little bit on the rest of her signature cards--pure Spider-Woman buff deck. Probably Leadership and Aggression, focused on Morale Boost and some of the "your attack gains +X for this attack," because both of those boost the rest of her stats considerably. And both of those aspects have plenty of cheap cards, so you could potentially go fully the other direction from the expensive deck, and not even include some of the double resource cards.

I'd go leadership/aggression for the avenger allies and i'd go a tad above 40 cards for avengers tower, triskellion, and hall of heroes.

On 4/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, KimJoshIl said:

Couch lounger for sure! I’m thinking Scott Lang, sitting on house arrest.

I’m starting to think another cycle of Avengers maybe Antman, Wasp, Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch. 

Scenario pack looks a lot like Kang.

Agreed 100%.

On 4/2/2020 at 3:59 PM, maniakmedic said:

I hope you're right about Scarlet Witch. I so want a Scarlet Witch deck.

You and me both. Wanda is awesome (and I was really pleased with Elizabeth Olsen playing her, she was an unexpected gem; also, ludicrously beautiful). 

1 hour ago, Deathseed said:

Also, reading Spider-Woman's card, seems she can get +2 across the board if she plays two aspects in a turn, no?

Yes, up to +4 across the board if she can play all four aspects in a turn. Check out the announcement video if you haven’t seen it for how she can do this:

Some of her signature cards are also aspect cards!

1 hour ago, Deathseed said:

You and me both. Wanda is awesome (and I was really pleased with Elizabeth Olsen playing her, she was an unexpected gem; also, ludicrously beautiful). 

I'm not very familiar with the comic versions of the Marvel heroes, but I've really enjoyed the MCU depictions of them. Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany have been fantastic as Scarlet Witch and Vision. I can't wait for WandaVision and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

3 hours ago, Assussanni said:

Yes, up to +4 across the board if she can play all four aspects in a turn. Check out the announcement video if you haven’t seen it for how she can do this:

Hide contents

Some of her signature cards are also aspect cards!

With Combat Training/Heroic Intuition/Armor that’s up to 6 in stats(!)