Sign in to follow this  
L0STHER0

The Rise of Red Skull Article is up

6 minutes ago, CaffeineAddict said:

Spider-Woman looks awesome. Cant wait to play with her.

Playing Two aspects at the same time is going to lead to a lot of cool combinations. While there was nothing to prevent this from happening in the game the one aspect per hero set up would definitely lead you to believe this would not happen. 

Her hero also has the greatest deck building possibilities for those missing that aspect of the game

1 minute ago, Sc00ter1979 said:

I'm so lost on the silhouettes - I'm 'hoping' that second one is nightcrawler and we're getting xmen though lol

The scenario seems to be Kang the Conquerer. The hero after that seems to be Shang-Chi.

The other three...i have no clue.

4 minutes ago, Sc00ter1979 said:

I'm so lost on the silhouettes - I'm 'hoping' that second one is nightcrawler and we're getting xmen though lol

I keep seeing Danny Rand for the second sihouette.

If it is X-Men then left to right Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Shadow Cat, Wolverine, Rogue

I'm half glad I was totally wrong in thinking people read too much into the box art, because Spider-woman looks to me like the next big thing, but I remain pretty meh on Hawkeye, for a host of uninteresting and not very thought out reasons. I figure he will be cool to play, though, and I can see people liking him, especially if you like playing Leadership.

To me, what stands out is Spider-woman, the campaign mode, Spider-woman, the sheer number of new villains we get, Spider-woman, and oh, did I mention Spider-woman?

9 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

I'm half glad I was totally wrong in thinking people read too much into the box art, because Spider-woman looks to me like the next big thing, but I remain pretty meh on Hawkeye, for a host of uninteresting and not very thought out reasons. I figure he will be cool to play, though, and I can see people liking him, especially if you like playing Leadership.

To me, what stands out is Spider-woman, the campaign mode, Spider-woman, the sheer number of new villains we get, Spider-woman, and oh, did I mention Spider-woman?

I was the most Meh on Ms. Marvel, as out of seeing her in a cartoon my kids watch I new nothing about her, yet after playing her I love her deck and abilities. I even went as far as buying the collected trade of the first 12 or so issues of the comic since then I like her deck, allies and abilities so much more.

Posted (edited)

The December silhouette seems like pretty easy to figure out, although I myself cannot do so. I mean, which Marvel heroine will you see with a book like that? Not that many, I presume? What I mean is, this looks like an identifying pose of some sort...

Edited by Ascarel

24 minutes ago, L0STHER0 said:

I keep seeing Danny Rand for the second sihouette.

If it is X-Men then left to right Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Shadow Cat, Wolverine, Rogue

The first one is a scenario, not a hero pack... so probably not Cyclops.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

The December silhouette seems like pretty easy to figure out, although I myself cannot do so. I mean, which Marvel heroine will you see with a book like that? Not that many, I presume?

She's got long curly hair, which eliminates a few heroines, but that's about it.  Since these are undoubtedly the alter-egos again, there are hundreds of possibilities.

My best guess is that November is Pietro and December is Wanda.  September seems to be Iron Fist, but with a movie on the way, it definitely could be Shang-Chi.

Edited by KBlumhardt

One thing about the silhouettes that's has me curious is the release months. They're not adjusted from April being skipped. Either they forgot to change those or at some point they're going to try to get back on track. I hope it's the latter.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

The scenario seems to be Kang the Conquerer. The hero after that seems to be Shang-Chi.

The other three...i have no clue.

Kang was my first thought, too, for whatever reason.  Good call.  🙂

I'm going to lock in my predictions as Kang, Shang-Chi, Spider-Gwen (wild guess, since it appears to be a female and she's a student... although she should be at a drum set), Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch.

Edited by KBlumhardt

2 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

She's got long hair, which eliminates a few heroines, but that's about it.  Since these are undoubtedly the alter-egos again, there are hundreds of possibilities.

Honestly I’m gonna say Jean Grey with the hero side being Phoenix. She had hair like that during her time as Phoenix.

Also legit question. What happens when Black Widow gets his with a Shadow of the Past when fighting villain version of Taskmaster? They will have the same title so the minion version go’s to the discard pile correct?

4 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

One thing about the silhouettes that's has me curious is the release months. They're not adjusted from April being skipped. Either they forgot to change those or at some point they're going to try to get back on track. I hope it's the latter.

The picture and article where done well before the decision was made to push everything back. They didn’t have time to change it.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

Honestly I’m gonna say Jean Grey with the hero side being Phoenix. She had hair like that during her time as Phoenix.

Also legit question. What happens when Black Widow gets his with a Shadow of the Past when fighting villain version of Taskmaster? They will have the same title so the minion version go’s to the discard pile correct?

They addressed that in the live stream.  You resolve as much of the card as possible, so when it tells you to put the nemesis in play, you cannot, but you do the rest of the stuff on the card including putting the side-scheme in play.  Then, the end of the card says "if the nemesis did not enter play, this gains surge", so you'd have to draw another encounter card.

Edited by KBlumhardt

Posted (edited)

Scenario Pack August: Humanoid Male, Pauldrons, right hand clenched and partly extended, no apparent helmet, looks like a belt. Either has hair or that's a ridge.
Kraven the Hunter or...Apocalypse?.

Hero Pack September: Humanoid Male (martial artist)
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Martial_Arts
Shang Chi

Hero Pack October: Humanoid (computer user, sitting)
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Computer_Hacking_Skills

Hero Pack November: Humanoid Male? (Hands out, holding a hologram?, Jacket (possibly a leather/bomber jacket based on the shoulder contours))
Beast or Wolverine

Quicksilver.
Edit: Horn hair points (eh eh?) to a couple or three options, but I’d be inclined to go with Quicksilver because of the pose. Doesn’t really scream Logan to me, or even Beast.

Hero Pack December: Humanoid Female (Sitting, reading, big hair, high heel boots)
Rogue? Has big hair.
Jean Grey? Has big hair...but not really depicted as curly.
Kitty Pryde? Has big hair, a little bit curly maybe?

Scarlet Witch.

edit: the Comic art images of Scarlet witch have a fairly significant number with hair just like the silhouette, but having her release alongside Quicksilver would continue the trend of Avenger heroes.

Edited by Derrault

1 minute ago, webslinger9 said:

Guys. Maybe October is Squirrel Girl. She’s a computer science major in college, so a laptop would make sense. Short hair. All I’m saying is it could be her. 

That's a definite possibility.