On 4/6/2020 at 2:48 PM, 2morrow said:

This is an interesting take.

It seems the consensus that I've seen has been that true solo is more difficult than 2 handed. 

I would agree with this take (solo being harder than 2p).

The full quote being:

Players are permitted and encouraged to talk to one another during play, and to work as a team to plan and execute the best course of action. Players can discuss anything they would like, including cards in play and cards in their hand. Players are not obligated to disclose the cards in their hand if they do not wish to do so.

In my experience keeping the content of your hand to yourself is more enjoyable, in any game

”Don’t worry about those drones, if you give me that Avengers Mansion card draw, I got just the thing in my hand to take them out for you.”

On 4/2/2020 at 12:28 PM, The Team said:

That’s about the gist of it yes. My own opinion of it is that it’s my least favorite way to play the game by far. But a lot of other people here swear by it so if you’re at all curious what the play experience is like you should give it a try. 

Conversely, if I'm not playing with friends, it's my favorite way to fly.

21 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

My experience so far is that solo play has been easier then when I play with 2-player and 3-players has been harder than 2.

This is very interesting to me since it seems that most people have been saying the opposite. Do you usually lose to threat or damage when you play with 2 or 3 players?

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2020 at 11:35 AM, 2morrow said:

This is very interesting to me since it seems that most people have been saying the opposite. Do you usually lose to threat or damage when you play with 2 or 3 players?

We dont lose very often  but the Villain gets a lot of acceleration tokens as we cruise through their decks on the tougher scenarios Klaw (to a smaller degree), Ultron, and Goblin (all expert of course).  The only scenario we havent beat yet is Ultron Expert although I have beat it solo. 

Losing to damage and threat are kind of the same thing for us as we can generally see it coming most of the time and damage only generally kills a half/third of us until threat finishes us off.  Occasionally we get blind-sided by a direct damage encounter card taking a risk on low health.

Grant it we have yet to play against a pack with Legion of Hydra (that is up next).  We like to pick two random heroes (using obligation cards) and then we will get a random villain and pair with the challenge of the  day sub-scenario (on expert).

I will probably try tracking some metrics next time I play.

Right now my free time has been mostly:

Family King of Tokyo or Sagrada

Family Risk Legacy - my family box has been sitting on the shelf for years waiting for my daughter to get older (finally opened it)

Gloomhaven Saturday (via Zoom)

LotR LCG (via Zoom) - I think this is where I draw most of my comparison as for the most part 4 player is much easier in LotR  (with the exception that we are now stuck on OHUD Riddles for the 4th play session in a row)

Marvel Champions - when we can fit it in.

Edited by IceHot42