Sign in to follow this  
BenBot

How To Phase Two? Clone Questions:

Heyo Generals,

Im just hoping folks could help me understand some of the clone trooper shenanigans better.

With the Phase Two Clones, people seem to like to take the Z-6 with Overwatch to get their standby to range 3.

Then you can use token sharing to get multiple shots? Ex: A naked unit of Phase Ones takes an Aim and Standby.

The Phase Two unit at range one can then use that standby to shoot before they activate? And then activate and have a full two actions?

I think I get it but I’m not sure. You’re essentially sacrificing the naked Phase One units attack for a second Phase Two unit attack off the standby. Yea?

Any other Clone Tips and Tricks?!?

Thank You

Exactly right. The Phase 2s can spend the standby at any time, even after they activate. Works well for Rex if he doesn't want to push into range 2 to get a shot.

4 hours ago, Qark said:

Exactly right. The Phase 2s can spend the standby at any time, even after they activate. Works well for Rex if he doesn't want to push into range 2 to get a shot.

Yea I thought I saw something about Rex.... So overwatch doesn’t extend the range or Rex’s weapon. But he can pass the standby token to give the Phase 2s another shot?

Who do you measure range from to trigger standby? The Phase 2s?! Or the unit that starts with the Standby token?

42 minutes ago, BenBot said:

Yea I thought I saw something about Rex.... So overwatch doesn’t extend the range or Rex’s weapon. But he can pass the standby token to give the Phase 2s another shot?

Who do you measure range from to trigger standby? The Phase 2s?! Or the unit that starts with the Standby token?

I'm pretty sure its from the unit performing the standby

14 hours ago, BenBot said:

You always measure from the unit that is spending the token.

maybe try think of them as two attacks, where the range is taken from both units, but cover is determined by the original (non fire supporting unit), and just add all the dice together.