Hello Armada community! Thanks for tuning into our livestream yesterday. I know there wasn't a ton of Armada news for you, so I wanted to share a few upcoming upgrade cards with you today. It's not much, I know, but I hope you enjoy!

SWM34-Clone-Gunners_Upgrade.png

SWM34-Obi-Wan_Upgrade.png

SWM35-Kraken_Upgrade.png

SWM35-Wat-Tambor_Upgrade.png

21 minutes ago, ralphbod said:

Ooh interesting that there is no Commander icon on Kraken or Kenobi...

That's the same as current Commanders. For whatever reason they all only have the faction icon in the bottom right, not the upgrade card type in the bottom left.

But also, yay for card previews!

These look really neat! I’m digging the artwork. 

Side note: Clone only in the gunners card. So obviously there’s some upgrades locked behind droid and clone specific ships...Even if the card is already faction locked. Not sure how they might delineate the crews of ships but I’m excited to find out eventually.

and THANKS again FFG!

I see the abusive relationship is in full swing again. FFG forgot about Armada when they got drunk on X-Wing and decided to give us the love we deserve now that it's passed. 

Been waiting for this for a long time now. I look forward to spending all my money on way to many models.

All of these cards look pretty useful.

I have concerns about Kenobi, but given the victory and arquitens are double redirect ships im hoping the pattern continues. "Readied" is my biggest worry there. You have to be able to spend a readied token, meaning it cant be accuracied or spent. Even on the double redirect ships, accuracy the green one and kenobi is useless. That seems like a lot of conditions on a 28 point commander. But I do like how it appears to stack with expert shield techs 

Kraken seems like he'll get nasty if Separatist MSU is good in order to keep ships close to the enemy to trigger his ability, or just sacrificing a small ship to give dice modification to the big guns.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

Kraken seems like he'll get nasty if Separatist MSU is good in order to keep ships close to the enemy to trigger his ability, or just sacrificing a small ship to give dice modification to the big guns.

An MSU fleet of the new Separatist faction is, not surprisingly, a big incentive to buy many new small ships to make Kraken's ability work. 😉

For the Galactic Republic, I guess, we all anticipate several reskin versions of ships, e.g. CR90, Pelta/MedicalFrigate, Hammerheads. For the Separatists, small base ships are more likely going to be completely new ones.

Edited by JadinED

3 minutes ago, JadinED said:

An MSU fleet of the new Separatist faction is, not surprisingly, a big incentive to buy many new small ships to make Kraken's ability work.

I suspect that we'll actually see a lot bigger smalls or potentially medium ships: the DH-Omni, the Recusant-class, the Munificent, and the C-9979 will all fill that medium/big small niche, with likely a Providence-class (or maybe even the Malevolence) as the flagship.

Posted (edited)

SWM34-Obi-Wan_Upgrade.png.068db1ec3f016e

Obi-Wan's ability will work quite alright with the Venators, which will probably have 2 redirect tokens just like the VSD and ISD.

Btw, how will we abbreviate Venator Star Destroyers?

Edited by JadinED