Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Danhop92 said:

Hi, just got the game yesterday and had a good go at it, but was confused on some wording on certain damage cards that say discard, for example:

"Knocked prone

Deplete 1 of your 'money bag icon' (Without resolving it's effect) and discard 1 prepared card.

Then discard this card"

So do you still count the card as part of your damage total or is the card discarded and forgotten?

Some damage and fear cards have negative affects toward your deck or character in general but do not always end up in your damage or fear count. If the card says to discard it, then it is gone!

Edited by mattman285

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,
I hope I don't duplicate, but wasn't able to find it elsewhere.

The whole camping consist of multiple scenarios that are split using this camp scene (to align the wording as i have non eng version)
But the rulebook in my opinion is missing information what happens between scenarios.

1. Do your characters heal all wounds(phys and mental) and start fresh each scenario?
2. You do shuffle you prepared cards into the deck on each new scenario?
3. Do you shuffle used cards into the deck after each new scenario?
4. Do you amend the amount of tokens with leaves on your card?
5. Do the usable items refresh after each scenario?
6. Each character equips only one usable item per scenario, if i get new one do I have two or must I unequip one?
7. Do you clear your trait(?) cards like hidden or desperate after each scenario?
8. How many times per turn you can use skill card?
I mean there is a skill card of legolas or hunter saing: "When you add damage using this ability add stun. Damage 1".
But it does not say to discard that skill, so what I can constantly use the same skill? Or I add it to each attack action?

Thank you for the help in advance..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 1:48 PM, Shirner said:

Hi,
I hope I don't duplicate, but wasn't able to find it elsewhere.

The whole camping consist of multiple scenarios that are split using this camp scene (to align the wording as i have non eng version)
But the rulebook in my opinion is missing information what happens between scenarios.

1. Do your characters heal all wounds(phys and mental) and start fresh each scenario?
2. You do shuffle you prepared cards into the deck on each new scenario?
3. Do you shuffle used cards into the deck after each new scenario?
4. Do you amend the amount of tokens with leaves on your card?
5. Do the usable items refresh after each scenario?
6. Each character equips only one usable item per scenario, if i get new one do I have two or must I unequip one?
7. Do you clear your trait(?) cards like hidden or desperate after each scenario?
8. How many times per turn you can use skill card?
I mean there is a skill card of legolas or hunter saing: "When you add damage using this ability add stun. Damage 1".
But it does not say to discard that skill, so what I can constantly use the same skill? Or I add it to each attack action?

Thank you for the help in advance..

A lot to unpack hear and I would suggest maybe reading through the “How to play” again just to clear up some of the concepts as all these questions are answered there. I will also help you answer these:

1. Do your characters heal all wounds(phys and mental) and start fresh each scenario?

Yes. All Damage and Fear cards are returned to the deck(I would shuffle those as well).


2. You do shuffle you prepared cards into the deck on each new scenario?

Yes. You prepare your #1 Skill card for your character prior to each scenario.


3. Do you shuffle used cards into the deck after each new scenario?

Yes. You also reshuffle your deck if you run out of cards for testing.


4. Do you amend the amount of tokens with leaves on your card?

Inspiration is all returned and does not carry over.


5. Do the usable items refresh after each scenario?

Yes


6. Each character equips only one usable item per scenario, if i get new one do I have two or must I unequip one?

All Items gained during a scenario can be equipped to have more than one. After the scenario is over, you can only pick 1 item to carry into the next scenario.


7. Do you clear your trait(?) cards like hidden or desperate after each scenario?

Yes


8. How many times per turn you can use skill card?

I would say as many uses as it has as long as you do different tests and it is not discarded.
I mean there is a skill card of legolas or hunter saing: "When you add damage using this ability add stun. Damage 1".
But it does not say to discard that skill, so what I can constantly use the same skill? Or I add it to each attack action?

The card read pretty clear cut and dry. I would like to know which card you reference. The card will let you know if it needs to be discarded.

Again, I would encourage you to do 2 things. 1: play a few scenarios on adventure mode referencing the rules reference as you go. 2: Read the how to play guide that came with the game as most of the questions are covered.

You will learn more by playing than anything. Play a few scenarios and you should get the hang of it. Good gaming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By every scenario you just start all over. You put away all the non-card items and remove the cards that don't belong in your starting play deck. You gain extra cards during the game and they will stay. Like title cards you put extra in your play deck. You also get cards with a bag (trinket) and they will also stay with your company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Mattman285, Henilin!

14 hours ago, mattman285 said:

A lot to unpack hear and I would suggest maybe reading through the “How to play” again just to clear up some of the concepts as all these questions are answered there. I will also help you answer these:

I have reviewed both books and only found a paragraph about first campaing setup, not a scenario setup and a note that weaknesses are being dropped that why I wasn't asking for these
Since I don't have english version some wording may be different
Because I wasn't able to find in the books there I was trying to find it online :)

15 hours ago, mattman285 said:

1: play a few scenarios on adventure mode referencing the rules reference as you go.

Well that's exactly what we are doing from the beginng and still got that doubt what to do.

15 hours ago, mattman285 said:

I would like to know which card you reference.

It's Hunter 6th: Makeshift Traps
Tactics
Before you  perform strike from this ability, add to the attack a stun.
Strike 1
(translation is by me, but I made it super detailed from the polish version)
So there is saying about attacking from the skill, and no discard wording.
But its fine now as I found in the book under Strike definition that during any attack, a card with Strike X can be discarded  to add X hits to the enemies

Again, thank you both for replies as it full solved  our issues :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shirner said:

Thank you Mattman285, Henilin!

I have reviewed both books and only found a paragraph about first campaing setup, not a scenario setup and a note that weaknesses are being dropped that why I wasn't asking for these
Since I don't have english version some wording may be different
Because I wasn't able to find in the books there I was trying to find it online :)

Well that's exactly what we are doing from the beginng and still got that doubt what to do.

It's Hunter 6th: Makeshift Traps
Tactics
Before you  perform strike from this ability, add to the attack a stun.
Strike 1
(translation is by me, but I made it super detailed from the polish version)
So there is saying about attacking from the skill, and no discard wording.
But its fine now as I found in the book under Strike definition that during any attack, a card with Strike X can be discarded  to add X hits to the enemies

Again, thank you both for replies as it full solved  our issues :)

Well then happy gaming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Using the Strike keyword requires you to discard the card.  All the keyword explanations are on the back of either rules booklet.

As for all your previous questions, they should be covered at the beginning of the Rules Reference booklet and not in the Learn to Play guide.  I would check there.

Edited by Birdman137

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the time there are two options how to use such skill cards. The bold one (like "Strike 1") at the bottom of the card is the one that is described at the back of the books as like "Strike X". Normally it says you have to discard the card when used in this way. The top of the text is the ability you can do always but it is possible that you have to discard the card also when it is described in the text. Normally you can do this top ability always. So, you can use the top text ability until you use the card with the bold ability at the bottom of the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I have a question regarding pathfinder skill card ‘Path unseen’.

It says that after sprinting you can bring one hero to your space without provoking. Does it means that you can teleport any hero from anywhere in the game to your space? Is not a bit too powerful for being a level 1-3 skill card?

I was thinking that maybe a range of 2 tiles (usual range of movement) would be reasonable for this hero summon thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charleesatch said:

Hi all, I have a question regarding pathfinder skill card ‘Path unseen’.

It says that after sprinting you can bring one hero to your space without provoking. Does it means that you can teleport any hero from anywhere in the game to your space? Is not a bit too powerful for being a level 1-3 skill card?

I was thinking that maybe a range of 2 tiles (usual range of movement) would be reasonable for this hero summon thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

From any space yes. Keep in mind the card does not add a success and you have to draw it to add it. It’s also completely situational. I think it’s a nice balance. You will honestly trade it out later to get some level 12 cards anyway more often than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mattman285 said:

From any space yes. Keep in mind the card does not add a success and you have to draw it to add it. It’s also completely situational. I think it’s a nice balance. You will honestly trade it out later to get some level 12 cards anyway more often than not.

The two Paths Unseen cards are starting cards so you can't swap then out.  You will always have to keep them if you are playing the Pathfinder role.  Yes, they do have a success, so preparing them takes a success out of your deck for testing with, but it is a very powerful effect that can save multiple actions.  That's why I think it's one of the strongest cards in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Birdman137 said:

The two Paths Unseen cards are starting cards so you can't swap then out.  You will always have to keep them if you are playing the Pathfinder role.  Yes, they do have a success, so preparing them takes a success out of your deck for testing with, but it is a very powerful effect that can save multiple actions.  That's why I think it's one of the strongest cards in the game.

Lol was thinking of something else. There ya go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks both for your answers. It sounds like a powerful card indeed although a bit unrealistic for lord of the rings standards in my opinion. I cannot find an easy explanation on how can you extract someone in one turn and take such a shortcut that could lead you to the other corner of the scenario. 

Good hunting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charleesatch said:

Thanks both for your answers. It sounds like a powerful card indeed although a bit unrealistic for lord of the rings standards in my opinion. I cannot find an easy explanation on how can you extract someone in one turn and take such a shortcut that could lead you to the other corner of the scenario. 

Good hunting!

Yeah I guess I never thought about how "realistic" such an effect may be.  It would definitely be hard to explain with Tolkien's world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Great topic!

Another newbie question.

If you use your 2 attack actions in the actions face, does the enemy perform a counterattack (if possible) in between the attack actions? So does the enemy make 2 counterattacks (if possible)?

Or can you perform the 2 attacks, and resolve only one counterattack (if possible) after the 2 attacks actions.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boogiemeester said:

Nevermind, i Found the answer in another topic.

So yes, they are 2 separate actions. With a counterattack in between. So 2 counterattacks if the enemy is not defeated.

Also I believe that elite units (the ones which enemy icon has spikes on top) are able to counterattack more than once. But for standard enemy units they get exhausted once they counterattack. On reference guide 21.4:

21.4  A non-elite enemy group cannot counterattack if it is exhausted. 

 After a hero applies hits to an exhausted enemy group, the app will not provide the hero with a counterattack prompt.

An elite group will not counterattack only if they suffered 'Stun' modifier on a previous attack.

Hopes this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boogiemeester said:

Nevermind, i Found the answer in another topic.

So yes, they are 2 separate actions. With a counterattack in between. So 2 counterattacks if the enemy is not defeated.

In my experience the app does some “hand-holding” as well with this, graying out stunned or exhausted enemies. Glad you found the answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Charleesatch said:

Also I believe that elite units (the ones which enemy icon has spikes on top) are able to counterattack more than once. But for standard enemy units they get exhausted once they counterattack. On reference guide 21.4:

21.4  A non-elite enemy group cannot counterattack if it is exhausted. 

 After a hero applies hits to an exhausted enemy group, the app will not provide the hero with a counterattack prompt.

An elite group will not counterattack only if they suffered 'Stun' modifier on a previous attack.

Hopes this helps.

Right.

To clarify: Counterattacking will exhaust any enemy. Exhaustion means they won't activate during the shadow phase, and you don't need to provoke them to run away or interact with a token in their space. The only difference with Elite enemies is that they still counterattack while exhausted. (As noted, stunning them prevents that counterattack, but elite enemies can still counterattack if attacked after being stunned.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Yesterday we finished the 2nd campaign.

I played Elena. At a certain moment i had 2 facedown damage and 1 face up, after a counterattack one more face down damage Came tot me. So at that Point i have 3 facedown damage and 1 face up, as this number of damage is equal tot my limit, i make a last stand. Is that correct? Or does only the facedown damage counts for a last stand?

Thanks a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boogiemeester said:

Hi there,

Yesterday we finished the 2nd campaign.

I played Elena. At a certain moment i had 2 facedown damage and 1 face up, after a counterattack one more face down damage Came tot me. So at that Point i have 3 facedown damage and 1 face up, as this number of damage is equal tot my limit, i make a last stand. Is that correct? Or does only the facedown damage counts for a last stand?

Thanks a lot.

Face up and face down damage both count toward your limit. You played it correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

In the 2nd adventures there was the battlemap.

There where some terrain tokens (bush, firepit,..). Is it correct that they don't work the same as search tokens?

I mean you can consult them, but it doesnt cost a interaction action?

Also they wont disappear, they are there and you can benefit from their ability if you are in the same space?

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boogiemeester said:

Thanks!

In the 2nd adventures there was the battlemap.

There where some terrain tokens (bush, firepit,..). Is it correct that they don't work the same as search tokens?

I mean you can consult them, but it doesnt cost a interaction action?

Also they wont disappear, they are there and you can benefit from their ability if you are in the same space?

Thanks again!

It only usually costs an interaction when specified, like an investigation. Usually just follow the cards as the my have special effects when in the same space. On the app, you will see an arrow symbol to interact. Every arrow symbol counts as an interaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...