Sign in to follow this  
Cgriffith

Resistance Aces Pack (Speculation)

Which pilots, gunners and or upgrades do you foresee being released:

- Wedge Antilles (Gunner)

- Lando Calrissan (Pilot) YT-1300 

- Poe Dameron (Pilot) YT-1300

- Rey (Pilot) T-65 (Red Five) hopefully??

what would you like to see in the Aces Pack, upgrades, pilots, crew etc. We’ll also be getting Poe Dameron new orange paint scheme eventually.

9 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

We’ll also be getting Poe Dameron new orange paint scheme eventually.

I would assume it would be in this Res aces pack? Bit of a blunder if not - the next Res aces pack may not be for awhile as they have to do Imps, Rebs, etc. before a second Res one.

1 minute ago, mcintma said:

I would assume it would be in this Res aces pack? Bit of a blunder if not - the next Res aces pack may not be for awhile as they have to do Imps, Rebs, etc. before a second Res one.

I thought Max Brooke said Resistance Aces was the 1st pack we’ll see, as for the Poe Dameron orange x-wing I see that as a separate release or one which is like the HoTR with a new Millennium Falcon sculpt from IX (like back in 1.0 for Ep. VII)

3 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

I thought Max Brooke said Resistance Aces was the 1st pack we’ll see, as for the Poe Dameron orange x-wing I see that as a separate release or one which is like the HoTR with a new Millennium Falcon sculpt from IX (like back in 1.0 for Ep. VII)

IIRC they said it was the X-Wing in the Resistance Aces pack...

I personally think it's gonna be a 2.0 version of the Heroes of the Resistance pack from 1.0. With them mentioning how Aces packs have unique paint schemes, they mentioned X-Wings in particular, and how it's a chance to bring in old pilots with new abilities to show their growth, its likely gonna be Poe's orange X-wing with the Falcon.

Would also bring in the Falcon to buy in 2nd edition format for Resistance and get things such as Lando Pilot and Wedge Gunner.

I thought it was odd that First Order was getting a new ship while Resistance was being left out, so it makes a lot of sense that the Resistance was getting an Aces pack instead.

Heroes of the Resistance 2.0 - Electric Boogaloo seems super likely to get the Resistance YT-1300 in 2.0. Poe and Lando pilots with Wedge gunner provides plenty of new star power, and brings Rey, Han, Chewie and C-3PO into Hyperspace. And with triple Resistance YT-1300s being legal, those that have a converted 1.0 Resistance Falcon (like myself) would have a reason to want more than 1.

26 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

I personally think it's gonna be a 2.0 version of the Heroes of the Resistance pack from 1.0. With them mentioning how Aces packs have unique paint schemes, they mentioned X-Wings in particular, and how it's a chance to bring in old pilots with new abilities to show their growth, its likely gonna be Poe's orange X-wing with the Falcon.

Would also bring in the Falcon to buy in 2nd edition format for Resistance and get things such as Lando Pilot and Wedge Gunner.

I think we get as I mentioned previously and as you do a 2 pack with the new paint scheme Poe (T70) and new radar dish (YT1300) then cards like for instance (Rey T65) in the new aces pack.

19 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

And a Rey pilot for the T-70 could make it in to the pack.

I'm thinking T65 (as to thematically accurate) who knows. You could be right which put her in a better, Xwing. 

8 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

I think we get as I mentioned previously and as you do a 2 pack with the new paint scheme Poe (T70) and new radar dish (YT1300) then cards like for instance (Rey T65) in the new aces pack.

I'm thinking T65 (as to thematically accurate) who knows. You could be right which put her in a better, Xwing. 

Apparently Rey has flown a T70 in a comic book I read on discord, so she could also be done in a T70 for this pack with the Orange T70 in it.  Maybe they make the T65 option a title/configuration as well?

11 hours ago, Enigami said:

I thought it was odd that First Order was getting a new ship while Resistance was being left out, so it makes a lot of sense that the Resistance was getting an Aces pack instead.

Heroes of the Resistance 2.0 - Electric Boogaloo seems super likely to get the Resistance YT-1300 in 2.0. Poe and Lando pilots with Wedge gunner provides plenty of new star power, and brings Rey, Han, Chewie and C-3PO into Hyperspace. And with triple Resistance YT-1300s being legal, those that have a converted 1.0 Resistance Falcon (like myself) would have a reason to want more than 1.

This. ^

Pretty much in agreement with the rest; the resistance pack better be HotR 2 with Wedge gunner, Lando Pilot, etc. 

I have no idea who the new t70 pilots would be - maybe Rey if this comic book thing is done? That ship already has so many pilots though... I feel like it may only be getting a few new pilot options with more emphasis on the Falcon and possibly some extra resistance faction dials and pilots to drag a few rebel ships into the faction like the original most wanted.

5 hours ago, Revanur said:

Apparently Rey has flown a T70 in a comic book I read on discord, so she could also be done in a T70 for this pack with the Orange T70 in it.  Maybe they make the T65 option a title/configuration as well?

Did not know this, with this being the case her finding a way into the pack as a T70 pilot might increase.

19 hours ago, Enigami said:

Poe and Lando pilots

I’m not convinced with the idea of Poe as a Falcon pilot... I know he flew it in the film, but what would his pilot ability be?

During the end phase, if there are multiple enemy ships in your rear arc then you must flee?

Or

At the end of the game, you MUST actually set fire to the YT-1300 miniature?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

I’m not convinced with the idea of Poe as a Falcon pilot... I know he flew it in the film, but what would his pilot ability be?

During the end phase, if there are multiple enemy ships in your rear arc then you must flee?

Or

Har har. Adapted to sensible game mechanics, those could actually work. Something like:

"After you perform a maneuver, if there is an enemy ship in your rear arc, you may perform a boost action, treating it as red"

or

"After you perform a maneuver, you may suffer 1 damage to perform a boost action"

Or they could just use T-70 Poe's ability.

Edited by Enigami

42 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

Or

It was a scene from the latest movie that people will remember when they see the card. So if indeed the falcon will be part of the pack (which I think is likely) then Poe will be one of it's new pilot options

Actually, if you step back from the excitement of what you think or hope might be in a squadron pack for The Resistance, the whole idea of releasing such a pack containing only ships that are already available in some format seems a bit... odd.

After all, there are clearly lots of opportunities for new ships from Rise of Skywalker, such as Resistance variants of the B- and Y-Wing, which players have already expressed excitement about.

I get that Squadron packs for Rebels and Imperials, as ‘complete’ factions, would have to be existing ships only... but a squadron pack featuring a T-70 repaint alongside a couple of new ships would seem like a much more sensible approach for the as yet incomplete Resistance faction!

14 hours ago, Enigami said:

Har har. Adapted to sensible game mechanics, those could actually work. Something like:

"After you perform a maneuver, if there is an enemy ship in your rear arc, you may perform a boost action, treating it as red"

Except the falcon already has a red boost. So all that would let you do as a benefit would be to also rotate your turret as another red move as long as you had the title.

I'd really hope that they don't include another Resistance Falcon as part of an Aces/Squadron pack. It would mean that for anyone who played 1.0 will be stuck with yet another Falcon. Throw in cards and cardboard for it, sure, but give the Resistance Falcon a separate, dedicated release.

50 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

I'd really hope that they don't include another Resistance Falcon as part of an Aces/Squadron pack. It would mean that for anyone who played 1.0 will be stuck with yet another Falcon. Throw in cards and cardboard for it, sure, but give the Resistance Falcon a separate, dedicated release.

I could see it being the new T-70 Orange/White (Poe Dameron) model and a Resistance Y-Wing possibly but I also feel a Poe (new sculpt) plus new YT-1300 squadron pack would be a 49.99 pack possibly. I see them having many options. 

The card pack having a new Poe, and Lando in the Falcon is likely as well as Rey in some type of X-Wing (T65 or T70)

They said it would act as a way to start in a faction, so I'd love to see the Resistance pack include a T-70 alongside both a Resistance Y-Wing and B-Wing - that would make for a solid set of ships to start in a new faction.

Alternately, they could go the route of the Republic and Separatist Squadron packs, and go 1+2 for ship models to represent a lead ship with two wingmates. If we're having Poe's X-Wing as the lead, I could see a pair of A-Wings as the wingmates, though I'd prefer a pair of Y-Wings, if they're going that route.

That said, I'm pretty much expecting it to be a re-hash of Heroes of the Resistance, except with new pilot and crew cards, though that would be a bit of a disappointment. I just don't need that many Falcons. Just give me pilot cards and I can re-use the Rebel Falcon as Lando's Resistance Falcon, after all.

I'm pretty excited for the new release, whenever it comes out - I think it will definitely be Poe's x-wing (Max left little doubt about that) and then one of either an alt paint A-Wing (Snap, maybe some other pilots) or another skin to the Falcon. I'm hoping the A-Wing as I already have two falcons, but will be happy with either.

Thinking rationally, it is most likely to be the falcon because it brings it into hyperspace.

Personnally, I am expecting the exact same thing than the aces boxes, but with a little more content:

- 2 ships with repaint schemes (For the resistance box: X-Wing for sure, B-Wing or Y-Wing IMO)

- Extra pilots for other ships of the faction (maybe Rey in her T-65, I would fint it SO nice)

Another thing that I would like to see is the sharing of ships from one faction to another. As example, Jango in his firespray, as CIS. 

Expected: Falcon + Poe t70, new pilots for both as well as more options

Would rather have: T70, Awing repaint: new pilots for both, plus additional resistance falcon pilots even without the model. 

Either way, I really want Rey in a T65 and a Wedge gunner.

I have one/each 1.0 falcon plus the Scum one. I don’t really need another falcon, but I’d probably still buy the pack for the new pilots etc.

8 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Expected: Falcon + Poe t70, new pilots for both as well as more options

Either way, I really want Rey in a T65 and a Wedge gunner.

I agree with both of these, and am really hoping we get Rey in a T70 or 65. Maybe they could make it a 3 ship squadron pack with a Y-Wing as well. Then you could get Babu Frik (crew), Wedge Antilles (Gunner), Zorii (Y-Wing Pilot) a new Finn (Gunner), etc.