Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Live Stream ... Be Prepared

Posted (edited)

Was hoping for Capital Ship sized news.

So we got a tiny bit of Teaser Art ....

Ok.   I’ll make myself a very stiff drink. 

🚶🏻‍♂️ . . .

Edit

Something cheerful 

PSA: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is out on PS4 and Switch TODAY!

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Guess it is a good thing I still play x-wing. At least they get news consistently. Maybe they should consider moving all mini manufacturing to the US. Reaper is not from where I live and they could/would love to crank out this stuff. Maybe that would also help with restocking in a timely manner. Oh well, just a thought.

I think they could have opened with "we have news and things to showcase from Legion and X-wing today" instead of saying Armada would be addressed as well.  It was a waste of my time and plenty of others I'm sure.  While working from home or short staffed can easily lead to difficulties in a stream or things not being ready, there was no reason for a presentation to be handled so poorly in this way.

5 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

To be fair, and balanced, the original panel at Adepticon was titled "X-Wing and Legion News" I think.

To be less fair, TELL US "LOL JUST 3 PICTURES FOR YOU" AT THE START OF THE STREAM NEXT TIME.

I may be disappointed with the live stream, but I'm still being fair.  In the chat, they said all three would be covered.

2 minutes ago, player678037 said:

I may be disappointed with the live stream, but I'm still being fair.  In the chat, they said all three would be covered.

They certainly did, but it's a little disingenuous to say that, make people who joined the stream only for Armada listen to all this crap the other games are getting, then tell us that; especially given the general sentiment in this community.

After this unforgivable bait and switch, I'm not going to watch any of FFG's livestreams anymore. They deliberately mislead us. They announced on Tuesday that they were having this Thursday livestream in lieu of AdeptiCon and told us that they had Legion, X-Wing, and Armada news. What could have changed in the past 48 hours? Has COVID-19 mutated so it now infects computer files and destroys plastic models? I don't think so. So they either never had any real Armada news or they chose not to reveal the Armada news. Either way, FFG lied to us😡

I don't buy their excuse that the COVID-19 crisis prevented them from revealing whatever Armada news they allegedly planned to announce at AdeptiCon. None of what they revealed about Legion or X-wing was appropriate for an AdeptiCon panel. They just showed product previews, like FFG does every week. I have to believe that FFG had planned MORE for AdeptiCon, but since that event was cancelled, they chose to withhold that presentation instead of livestreaming it.

If I hadn't been working from home, I wouldn't have been able to watch the Livestream. In the past, I watched the video after it was posted to YouTube. I'll go back to doing that in the future, so I can skip through the BS (I don't care about anything from the Sequel Trilogy!).

Aside from the Armada announcement that we DIDN'T get today, I'm curious about the Twitch viewer numbers. I wonder if this the most watched livestream ever? Or close to the largest? I imagine it must have been higher than average because so many people are working from home or out-of-work. If that was the case, it would've been the ideal time to release some big news. Instead, FFG squandered this opportunity and withheld information like they always do.