Sign in to follow this  
FlyingAnchors

Hypotheticals: June points update

Posted (edited)

Simple what if scenario: You wield the power to introduce 1 pilot into hyperspace format come June, however you must also remove one pilot currently hyperspace legal and at least the same Printed Pilot skill (no swapping Null or Avenger for QuickDraw) from the same faction. Who do you pick and why? (Bonus points if you want to talk about points adjustments or swap crew/gunners instead). 

this is just for fun. Thoughts? 

Edited by FlyingAnchors

I'm working with the idea that no ships will be traded out and am only switching pilots.

FO Midnight for QD seems like an easy trade.

Resistance Drop Ello for Nien.

Rebels Gold Squadron Veteran for Outer Rim Smuggler

Empire Obsidian Squadron Pilot for Patrol Leader

Scum Koshka Frost for Captain Seevor

Republic Anakin Skywalker for Anakin Skywalker

Separatists uhhhhh...

Teroch for Boba please.

I don't fly Boba now he's everywhere, so won't miss him. Kind of a boring choice these days.

I miss Teroch every time I have 59pt to fill.

Ofc, then Terry might be everywhere.... But I might fly him anyway.

Alternatively, if ship legality is not a consideration, I'd like my SuperInqs back. I will not miss the Black Squadron Scout. At all.

Scum only really has two pilots to swap in, Seevor and Old Teroch. Proach doesn't count. I'd swap Ahhav for Seevor, or Serissu for Old Teroch.

I'd much rather be swapping entire ship platforms though. JM5K for Scum Falcon? Heck I'd take JM5K for YV-666.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:19 PM, Blail Blerg said:

uhh what. Why you calling this points upgrade. call it hyperspace swap. ugh. 

Because I thought people were going to talk about the points adjustment with said pilots as well. Like if you swap Vader for Soontir, you still wouldn’t expect Soontir to sit at 52 would you? Ugh.

8 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Because I thought people were going to talk about the points adjustment with said pilots as well. Like if you swap Vader for Soontir, you still wouldn’t expect Soontir to sit at 52 would you? Ugh.

Ugh. No. Besides the matter, Soontir is 53 which leads me to suspect a lot of people aren't actually familiar enough playing with those tools and losing while using them. 

Hyperspace isn't equitable with points adjustment nor balance. Those come from extended anyways, as you points need to be fair across HS, AND EXTENDED AND EPIC. and people conveniently forget about epic also when trying to argue about hyperspace. 

Call this hyperspace swap, its a good topic. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

Due to recent release.... Defenders in, Decimators out. 

Very similar points, position in squad very similar. 

Interceptors also got re-released. We could see striker or x1 get replaced with interceptors too.

On a similar note: I wouldn't be surprised if scum swaps mining guild tie and JM5K for YV-666 and Z95 to help sell the hound's tooth re-release.

Edited by Cerebrawl

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, svelok said:

Vader or Soontir + Defenders sounds like it just destroys Hyperspace altogether

Three Options To Add Interceptor: 

1. Remove Vader and add 15-20 pts to Soontir

2. Keep Vader and add all Interceptors besides Soontir 

3. Keep Vader and add 40 pts total to Vader/Duchess/Soontir without upgrades.

4. Dont add Defenders they are on a inherited bad design ban list until aces packs change their design to something that can be given a playable cost without ruining X-Wing.

Edited by Boom Owl

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Three Options To Add Interceptor: 

1. Remove Vader and add 15-20 pts to Soontir

2. Keep Vader and add all Interceptors besides Soontir 

3. Keep Vader and add 40 pts total to Vader/Duchess/Soontir without upgrades.

4. Dont add Defenders they are on a inherited bad design ban list until aces packs change their design to something that can be given a playable cost without ruining X-Wing.

5. Remove Soontir keep Vader increase his points to 70. Remove passive sensors from Vader as an option.

6. Add Defenders and make them 1 per list in Hyperspace. (So the ship itself is unique). Remove all interceptors from Hyperspace.