Sign in to follow this  
rimmer3

Dying on the Ice Bridge

Text on the Highland space The Icebridge says: you are killed!

Does that mean instant death? (Basilisk's card says the same.) If not, why does it not say: you lose a life?

Rimmer said:

Text on the Highland space The Icebridge says: you are killed!

Does that mean instant death? (Basilisk's card says the same.) If not, why does it not say: you lose a life?

Yes, killed is instant deathdemonio.gif

But if i am right, you can ditch followers before you roll the die.

So that makes it a little easier...

We have finally a space that gets rid of those followers!

zealot12 said:

Killed means lose all lives=instant death. Note that the Cleric's ability cannot counter the Killed effect.Nor can spells like Preservation, Healing, etc.

I think you are wrong on this, I remember reading on these forums that the cleric cannot be killed if he uses his special ability, he will be left with only one life though. You are right for the spells though, these cannot save you.

frogemoth said:

zealot12 said:

Killed means lose all lives=instant death. Note that the Cleric's ability cannot counter the Killed effect.Nor can spells like Preservation, Healing, etc.

I think you are wrong on this, I remember reading on these forums that the cleric cannot be killed if he uses his special ability, he will be left with only one life though. You are right for the spells though, these cannot save you.

Nobody ever said this. There's a thread, that you can find using the search engine, where Elliott's words were misinterpreted but he immediately stated what he really meant. The Cleric cannot save herself with the special ability if she's killed by the Reaper, the Ice Bridge, Vindication Spell or other effects that say "You are killed".

"You are killed" doesn't mean "lose all lives"; it means "you're dead"!

If the Cleric could save herself, Preservation/Restoration Spell will work too, as they can prevent the loss of (your last) Life.

Healing can't be cast when you've lost your last Life, it's too late.

@frogemoth

Kill does not mean lose X Lives. The Cleric can preserve her last life if she has Fate but only from lose X lives effect, where X is a number.

Thematically, if you consider the Basilisk, he causes instant death because he petrifies his victim. There's no escaping that, if he succeeds. The lose all lives is simply an explanation of the Killed effect, it does noy entail that you can lose less using some spell or ability.

I hope this isn't the wrong question or wrong place to ask, but would anyone mind listing the various cards, spells or effects that cause

Sudden Death:

So fari I'm hearing the Ice Bridge (that's pretty nasty!), Reaper, of course, apparantly the Basiisk and the Vindication Spell.

What else, please.